Admiral Toys Information Q&A (Jason)

Ask Questions & Chat with representatives of the small scale companies!
CW4USARMY
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by CW4USARMY » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:07 am

I noticed on MilitaryToyShop.com that as of 8/7/07, they said they spoke with Jason and that the SBD will definitely be coming, so it's looking good
for at least one new aircraft this year (besides the Hellcat from Bbi).

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:28 am

I hope we see the Dauntless this year. Should be a beauty! :D
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

sicqnus
Corporal
Corporal

Post by sicqnus » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:10 am

I wonder when we will see the 1:32 Corsair from Admiral Toys ? It was a F4U-4 or F4U-5 if I remember well. The master looked stunning. I just hope, at 1:32, it will be detailed enough (engraved lines) because to me, for this size, the 21st 1:32 Corsairs are so-so.

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:15 am

sicqnus wrote:I wonder when we will see the 1:32 Corsair from Admiral Toys ? It was a F4U-4 or F4U-5 if I remember well. The master looked stunning. I just hope, at 1:32, it will be detailed enough (engraved lines) because to me, for this size, the 21st 1:32 Corsairs are so-so.
Admiral stated that they wouldn't be producing the 1/32 Corsair or any other 1/32 plane right now because they couldn't compete with 21st Century's prices.. :(
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

sicqnus
Corporal
Corporal

Post by sicqnus » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:44 pm

Thanks for your answer hworth18,
Sad, really as it looked pretty nice on the pictures and as, to me, the 1:32 21st Corsairs are not show-stoppers. They're ok looking but a little goofy on some pictures.

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:35 pm

Hello fellow Members and Guests,

I am here to answer some of your questions. First, I do not have to explain our silence. We went over this in February, around the time of Toy Fair. Second, I apologize for absolutely no word. We have been busy with various projects, some in the toy industry, some in the home goods industry, and some on the personal level. I am not going to go into depth for my apologies.

The SBD is being worked on as we speak. There have been delays. This is no secret. We will get the SBD to the Military Toy Shop, ASAP. The Military Toy Shop is a great company, and obviously a patient company. We have been notified by Isaiah and the team at Military Toy Shop that sales have been amazing. We are working at a fever pitch to get the models in the hands of their customers. You will see the SBD at the Military Toy Shop as soon as we have it completed and finished to our and the MTS’ standards. Admiral Toys is not going to associate our name with a hastened production. We want it to be a great representation. One that Admiral Toys and Military Toy Shop knows you will be proud to display. We hope to have them in your hands by the end of this year to the early part of next year. They are well worth the wait. When you receive your model you will understand the reasons for delay. This is one of the most complicated models to produce. It may look small and easy, but it is a design nightmare. We are trying some design aspects that have never been used before in 1:18. IT IS WORTH THE WAIT!!

The Skyraider is our father’s aircraft. How can we not produce the Skyraider? It will be made. Hopefully it will be completed and delivered by Father’s Day of next year. That is my goal.

The F-4, you will have to wait and see. I am not saying that it is being worked on, and I am not saying that it is not being worked on. But have no worries, 21st already announced that theirs will be in the states in 2007 at a price that is well under our price, $89 or so? You cannot be upset with that news. I am positive they will make an incredible representation of the F-4. It will be fun to see the differences.

There are new projects in the works. I cannot discuss them at this time. I also am not sure if they will find their place on this forum. They are in 1:18 but not your standard military collectible. I like them, but you may not. You will find out soon, what I am talking about.

The White 7 is on its way to the UK! This is rare for Europe to receive an aircraft first. The only reason this happened is because of the three typhoons that have gone through that region in less then two weeks. The UK shipment made it out of China before the rest of the models. Now, China’s customs is backed up. We hope to have the models on the water in a mater of days. I have one of the White 7s on my desk. I think it is a great looking model with a lot of character. It just looks and feels menacing.

I think our 1:32 scale models are the best in the industry. They contain more detail, function and realism then any other offered. Unfortunately they are not being produced at this time. We have hopes that they will make it to the market in the future. The 1:32 world is blowing up this year. Look at 21st and BBI’s offerings, incredible models. I think ours will display very nicely if they make it out of the starting gate.

No one, besides MTS and one member of this site, has spoken to me personal in the last month. I have been working hard for the collecting community, and I have not forgotten or given up on this site. I really enjoy this site. It has been awhile since I last stopped by, but that gives me more to read and more to learn. I will stop by again in short time. Sorry to leave you waiting for news for such a long period of time.

Regards,
Jason

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:47 pm

Glad to hear from you again Jason and clear the air...
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:20 pm

The Skyraider is our father’s aircraft. How can we not produce the Skyraider? It will be made. Hopefully it will be completed and delivered by Father’s Day of next year. That is my goal.
insert Homer Simpson drool sound here:

Mmmmm....Skyraider....

pokeyjtc
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pokeyjtc » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:15 pm

Jason,
Glad to hear you're working hard and I'm looking forward to your new stuff. Thanks for stopping by again and letting us know you're still around.

Jason

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:26 pm

NWarty wrote:
insert Homer Simpson drool sound here:

Mmmmm....Skyraider....

i agree mmmmmmmmmmm........skyraider....mmmmmmm.beeeeer....
what a combo :D
Phabulous Phantoms Phorever rule the sky
and Starfighters Rule the Stars

http://WWW.Panda-Hobby.COM

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:43 pm

Nice to hear from you Jason. Hope to get a chance to chat again soon-it's been a while!
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:10 pm

Jason welcome back, I missed you.....I sure hope you guys will make the f-4 some day, I know it wil sell.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:11 pm

Great to see you back Jason and hear the exciting news on the SBD and Skyraider. Hope we get to see the F-4 from you as well. Can't wait to see what the new projects are... :D
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:25 pm

Awesome--good to hear from you! I am really looking forward to what your comapny is putting out. Both models have seriously impressed me.

You are certainly right about MTS. They know it's me as soon as my truck comes down the lane. Somedays I think they would wise up and lock down and pretend to be closed. But, they are always very cordial to me and they are great fun to shoot the breeze with. I can't say enough good things about them.
Aaron

My pathetic fantasy football team:

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1804/polocksia2.jpg[/img][/url]

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:50 pm

Glad to hear the SBD isn't dead and that it will certainly be worth the wait! If the quality ME-262 is any gague, the SBD will be amazing! I'm not canceling my preorder with MTS anytime soon :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:26 pm

Great to hear from you Jason! And yes, we will have a Skyraider!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:11 pm

Good to hear from you Jason. Keep up the great work. I can't wait to see what new surprises the coming year will bring.

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

tiger1
Corporal
Corporal

Post by tiger1 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:22 am

Good to hear from You Jason,You`ve been sorely missed...
i`m very exited about Your new releases;could it be a GA plane?A skyhawk or a cherokee? :D ...Anyway i wish You luck in Your work and life and hope to hear more often from You
Brgds Daniel

Spudkopf
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Spudkopf » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:25 am

Thanks Jason.....
SPUD

Something's up with photobucket?????

JohnLumley
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by JohnLumley » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:50 am

G-day Jason:

Glad to here you & Admiral are on heading & on course.

I have 2 SBDs on preorder with MTS and a white 7 & CL-13 Hartman on preorder with BCA.

I eagerly look forward to Admirals 1:18 releases.

John L.
One hundred and fifty three - 1:18 scale aircraft on the ceiling looks :shock: damn good!

Grilledcheese
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Grilledcheese » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:44 am

Thanks for the info, sir.
We are extremely lucky to have your participation in this forum.

Jeffrey
(this one)
Now I have a machine gun (SPACE GUN!). Ho ho ho.

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:02 am

I wish i knew what the first paint scheme of Skyraider will be.
hope it's bumble bee :D
Phabulous Phantoms Phorever rule the sky
and Starfighters Rule the Stars

http://WWW.Panda-Hobby.COM

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:45 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome back! I expected pie in the face for my lengthy absence.
tiger1 wrote:i`m very exited about Your new releases;could it be a GA plane?A skyhawk or a cherokee? :D ...Anyway i wish You luck in Your work and life and hope to hear more often from You
Brgds Daniel
Thank you for your questions Daniel. But the answer to each is... no. Though I still think a GA plane would be fun to produce. Think of how many C172 and 152s are out there. Or maybe a little Bird Dog. :idea:
tmanthegreat wrote:Glad to hear the SBD isn't dead and that it will certainly be worth the wait! If the quality ME-262 is any gague, the SBD will be amazing! I'm not canceling my preorder with MTS anytime soon
tmanthegreat, I have always made the statement that “each production will be better than the last.” I really mean that. The ME262 was better than our F-86, and our SBD is better than the ME262. The quality is great and the detail is amazing. We are definitely moving into the “model” category with this one. It will still stand up to play, but you will want to stare at it for hours. In my opinion, it will be hard to improve on the SBD. I think it looks great.
KAGNEW wrote:I wish i knew what the first paint scheme of Skyraider will be.
hope it's bumble bee :D
The first paint scheme will be my Father's aircraft. It was a gray and white naval scheme. It will be produced in low numbers. You will probably see a BB scheme in the future. It is pretty darn popular.

That leads me to another point. All of our standard production 1:18 aircraft will be produced in low numbers. You better get them when they are made available for order. It will be very rare for us to revisit a paint scheme. Only if the demand is astronomical will more be produced. For example, the production on the White 7 is completed and no more White 7’s will ever be produced. Production was less then 2,000 units and almost all are sold. These are the numbers you will see in the future for each model (of course this would not stand true if a retailer orders a certain amount. We will provide customers with however many they wish to order) This means more paint schemes, but it also means less of each paint scheme has to be sold. We feel this will also assist in the collector-value of the models.

Regards,
Jason

EnemyAce
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by EnemyAce » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:02 pm

Thanks for the info, Jason. I like seeing a lot of paint schemes on each model.

I hope the 1:72 stuff is coming along well. I'm excited about the new Pz III and hope to see it in more than just the announced paint scheme, which is great btw but more is better. I am also looking forward to an upcoming variant with the short 7.5cm gun (Pz III N).