Admiral Toys Information Q&A (Jason)

Ask Questions & Chat with representatives of the small scale companies!
Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:58 am

That is true but why invest in a new mold when they already have an F-4 nearly ready? If your going to take a chance on an already popped aircraft why not the F-16? BBI's is not true 1/ 18 and would be cheaper to make. I already have two of the BBI version (the F-18) so I don't think I'd be interested in getting another unless it came with major bells and whistles. Whatever Admiral toys makes though I think they will do fine, just some thoughts.
Last edited by Jericoeagle1 on Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:10 am

Thank you for all your posts.

Our website is undergoing major reconstruction. It is not finished.... It is a work in progress; however, I anticipate a plethora of information in the near future.

Regards,
Jason

VMF115
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by VMF115 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:33 am

Jason of Admiral Toys wrote:Thank you for all your posts.

Our website is undergoing major reconstruction. It is not finished.... It is a work in progress; however, I anticipate a plethora of information in the near future.

Regards,
Jason
when will that be?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

Tshintl
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Tshintl » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:40 am

VMF115 wrote: when will that be?
in the near future
LOL.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:43 pm

Near future can be two days, two weeks, or two months

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:40 pm

Let's say it this way, then: long before the arrival of the 21st B-25, and very likely before actuial appearances of the KT or 88.
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

Spudkopf
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Spudkopf » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:41 pm

VMF115 wrote:Near future can be two days, two weeks, or two months
Exactly!
SPUD

Something's up with photobucket?????

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:30 pm

FieroDude wrote:Let's say it this way, then: long before the arrival of the 21st B-25, and very likely before actuial appearances of the KT or 88.
Or how about before we get any news on 21st B-25, F-4, or Mig
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:41 pm

Jason:

Do you have anything on the Spad and Dauntless? You've always been very forthcoming.

My fear is that MTS will take a big financial hit with their preorder for the SBD based on the original delivery "guess".

I'm very often wrong about such things, just ask anyone, but I see another 21c fiasco in the making. Have you become large enough that you can disregard the folks that support you?

Please go forth with the F-4, Spad, and SBD.
Tanks for the memories
Your breachblocks so black
And oodles of track
Here at Grafenwoehr it's so good to be back
Oh, tanks for the memories..

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:12 pm

Birddog wrote:
FieroDude wrote:Let's say it this way, then: long before the arrival of the 21st B-25, and very likely before actuial appearances of the KT or 88.
Or how about before we get any news on 21st B-25, F-4, or Mig
OR before Admiral toys SBD dauntless is in our hands.

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:01 pm

VMF115 wrote:
Birddog wrote: Or how about before we get any news on 21st B-25, F-4, or Mig
OR before Admiral toys SBD dauntless is in our hands.
I'm sure we will hear more news before we get the SBD in our hands. After all, we have to have news that it is shipping and on its way.

It's been extremely nice to hear what is going on with the SBD's delay in production though. Especially when the delay was because Admiral Toys listened to our concerns and made changes our members believed needed to be made. I'll bet there is a good chance the news that Jason/Admiral is going to bring will give us more insight with what is happening to the SBD.
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:17 pm

Birddog wrote:
VMF115 wrote: OR before Admiral toys SBD dauntless is in our hands.
I'm sure we will hear more news before we get the SBD in our hands. After all, we have to have news that it is shipping and on its way.

It's been extremely nice to hear what is going on with the SBD's delay in production though. Especially when the delay was because Admiral Toys listened to our concerns and made changes our members believed needed to be made. I'll bet there is a good chance the news that Jason/Admiral is going to bring will give us more insight with what is happening to the SBD.
In some ways "ditto" from 21c. While, I'm surmising, they also diverted resources, money, and time from just making this stuff, to keeping others from intruding.

That is very much my concern. I'm not making this up. Just an observation and nothing else. I can easily be wrong.
Tanks for the memories
And oodles of track

King O' Fools
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by King O' Fools » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:16 am

Hi Jason,

Can you please let me know if I should contact AT's customer service again over this issue?
King O' Fools wrote:
Jason of Admiral Toys wrote:Dear King O' Fools,

Thank you for your emails and perfect explanation of your quality control issues. I just finished reading this thread and therefore went back to our customer service email inbox to read how this situation was handled. I agree. From reading your description, you clearly have a defective model. Your description was very well written.

I am not making excuses for our company, but simply explaining the situation and our position. First, the gentleman that wrote you back is new. In my opinion, he should have explained why he said what he said. I will discuss this with our customer service personnel in the morning. It is 4:05am at this time, but, I did not want to go to sleep without offering an apology and explanation.
Where he should have elaborated is in this context: As you stated in your email, you live “half way around the world.” In situations where it is a long distance return we request that the customer first contact the retail from which they purchased the model. If you purchased it from a domestic (US) retailer, then this point is moot.

However, if you purchased the model from a retailer half way around the world, then please contact them first. They know that we will credit their account, send them a replacement model in a future shipment or any other means of remediation if they take care of their customer’s quality control issue from such a far distance from Admiral Toys. Here in the US if a customer has a problem we replace their model and pay for shipping. But customers living half way around the world, unfortunately, are treated a little differently because shipping of your model back to Admiral Toys would cost us over $50.00 and to send you a replacement model would cost us another $50.00 add to that the cost of the replacement model and loss of revenue for the defective model and we are in the negative well over $100.00 to a customer with whom we never dealt. This is why we first ask that you kindly talk to your retailer if you purchased it overseas.

Then, if your retailer is unwilling to assist you, by all means contact Admiral Toys. Unfortunately, the cost of replacing a model overseas is what forces us to change our customer service protocol.

Please let me know if you did not purchase it from a retailer overseas. I again apologize that you received a defect model in the first place and hope to remedy the situation. I understand if you do not wish to purchase another Admiral Toys’ product. That is your prerogative, and I am sorry to have lost a customer.

Regards,
Jason
Dear Jason,

Thanks for taking the time to look into this issue.

I did buy my plane from a US online retailer — Aikens Airplanes. (Had I known this particular plane was available on your website, I’d have bought it there, which I guess would have saved me a lot of trouble).

Please let me know if I should contact them about this issue or if there is some other way I can get a decent (i.e. non-defective) plane. Please note that I’m open to any suggestions as to how to solve this issue and prevent this from happening again in the future. I’ll gladly buy more 1/18 scale products from AT in the months and years to come, provided I don’t get “stranded” with a defective paint job.

Again, thanks for your detailed explanation and for going out of your way to take care of this issue personally.

Best regards,
KOF

Best regards,
KOF

ltcbj

Post by ltcbj » Sun May 04, 2008 4:05 am

Is there any chance that Admiral will produce after market rear turret boxes for the otherwise superb Pz-III-H?
"The only constant is change. Often short change. Learn to accept.": Noah Vaile www.dinosaur-toys-collectors-guide.com
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c315/photbug/image6.jpg[/img]
On your mark! Get set! Lunch....
Want your own website? PM me!

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Sun May 04, 2008 5:36 pm

I'm confused about your webstore. This was on the page about the Hartmann Sabre.

"Hartmann CL-13

This item is for Pre-Order ONLY please purchase this item seperate from and other products. Your credit card will be charged when this item is shipped to you. Please use the "Pre-Order Credit Card" payment method when checking out. Authorize.net will charge your card at the time of check out".

I italizied and underlined what I'm confused about.
Tanks for the memories
And oodles of track

B24guy
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by B24guy » Mon May 12, 2008 11:42 am

Jason, where are you buddy?
Darren

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Mon May 12, 2008 5:06 pm

B24guy wrote:Jason, where are you buddy?
Where are you Jason? 8)

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Mon May 12, 2008 7:48 pm

Jason, since you've already prototyped and cadded the F-4 can you release it? I think you can still beat 21c and the price difference has never been a big deal.
Tanks for the memories
And oodles of track

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Tue May 13, 2008 11:12 am

Jason goes to China quite a bit. I wonder if he was in the area of China hit by that Earthquake. It was said that the area was the center of China's manufacturing regions. I hope he is okay.
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

uksubs
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by uksubs » Tue May 13, 2008 9:53 pm

Any news on 1:18 Adolf Galland Me-262 ? :?:

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Thu May 22, 2008 6:06 pm

Its like a ghost town in here :cry:

The winds blow through the dunes and crickets chirp in the distance while a tumbleweed crosses the road where happy collectors used to play in the distance a man waits holding a sign while staring at his watch his sign says....

We're only mostly dead!
....keep praying!!!

...This is just an editorial opinion and in no way expresses the thought or opinions of the management.

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:49 am

Jason,

If you're out there, can you throw us a few crumbs to give us hope in 1:18 scale land. Sure do miss your input :(

B-29
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by B-29 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:08 pm

Never mind.

der Vogelfänger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Hartmann

Post by der Vogelfänger » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:34 pm

Is there any hope for the Hartmann Sabre? Ich warte (gern) auf!!

olifant

Re: Hartmann

Post by olifant » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:06 pm

der Vogelfänger wrote:Is there any hope for the Hartmann Sabre? Ich warte (gern) auf!!
Nein. :(
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]