Admiral Toys Information Q&A (Jason)

Ask Questions & Chat with representatives of the small scale companies!
Folkwulfe
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Great!

Post by Folkwulfe » Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:59 pm

Thanks for joining us, Jason. What we've seen and heard around these parts has done nothing short of excite us "wing nuts" into a feeding frenzy to say the least. The Sabre proto pics were outstanding! It's also nice to know that your company is located in one of the historically rich aviation areas in the nation, Dallas/Ft Worth. Been here most of my life and I'm still finding treasures everywhere. Y'all come back often...ya hear?
US Army MP Corps combat veteran Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm

KWR190
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by KWR190 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:43 pm

Is the Panzer IIIL going to be 1/18?
Kurt

hworth18
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by hworth18 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:45 pm

KWR190 wrote:Is the Panzer IIIL going to be 1/18?
Kurt
1/72.. :wink:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

KWR190
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by KWR190 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:47 pm

Well I can wish need more armour.
Kurt

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:01 pm

Panzer IIIL is 1/32.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:25 pm

almost any airplanes in 1/18 are what we want

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:07 pm

Welcome Jason! Appreciate you taking the time to keep us informed,
and I am definitely excited to have another manufacturer of 1:18 scale aircraft. (Armor would be nice too! :wink: )

digger

?

Post by digger » Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:24 pm

aferguson wrote:Panzer IIIL is 1/32.
Not the Admiral Toys one which is what I think they are talking about. Which do you mean?

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:02 am

Yes, if anything new can come out in armor that would be a pleasant surprise!!!! :D

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:19 am

As far as i know the Admiral Toys P IIIL is going to be 1/32, no?

digger

No

Post by digger » Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:58 am

The armor line is 1:72, the Warbirds 1:18, which I think is an interesting combo as it does not currently exist in one company.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:03 am

1/72, 1/32.....i can't keep all these tiny toys straight..

Apologies for my errorrorr. :oops:

digger

not 1/18 so who cares? (just kidding Hworth and others...)

Post by digger » Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:15 am

I know what you mean Aferg...smaller than 1:18 it is all just "small scale"... :wink:

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:58 am

don't knock the small scales
1 collect 1/288 to 1/1

so all scales are good in my opinion

digger

kidding

Post by digger » Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:03 pm

Didn't mean to offend - I was just kidding around. You could find some 1/32 at my place that's for sure. :wink:

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:52 pm

non taken
i know we gripe about to many Mustangs,Corsairs,etc
but i have at least 2 in every scale (sometime 12 or more)
so i guess i'm the sucker the repaints are aimed at
later

eddie372
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Hello and Welcome

Post by eddie372 » Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:46 pm

Welcome Jason, and again...thank you for participating in our forum.

Since you're Counsel for Admiral Toys, you might be in a position to tell us how is the company currently incorporated. Is there a prospectus available for potential investors? If not, are there any plans on going public?

I'm sure you realize that as the bulk of the "baby boomer" generation approaches retirement, there will be added demand for all WW-II related merchandise, including of course, toys. Which is why I'm very happy that you're part of the manufacturing side of the industry. But I also feel that the product overlap you're talking about is not necessarily your best marketing strategy. Speaking for myself (and perhaps a few more of us here), variety, accuracy and quality will be the name of the game.

Just food for thought!

Best regards.

Eddie372/ Miami
The man that loves his job never works a day in his life.

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:57 pm

Thanks for addressing our questions. I know we have been bombarding you with questions. Great news on the F-86. I would however encourage your company to make unusual planes that are not covered by other companies. Maybe a Mig 15 to go with the F-86. As long as Admiralty toys is going to produce limited
production runs of aircraft, they should not have any problem moving 5,000 Mig 21s. We are none the less glad to have yet another supplier of goodies for our toy boxes. 8)

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:25 am

I heard from Jason, who is back from China. He sent me some pictures of the AT F-86. Looks pretty sweet. The Jolley Roger's is 99.9% completed production sample. Changes will
include the Flag being tampo-printed instead of a decal as it is in these
photos, and the Indian Head will change in design. Other than those small
changes production will begin this week.

He will answer all the questions that people have asked tomorrow.

Pictures will be up soon..

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:16 am

Sweetness.
Aaron

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:26 pm

Jason wrote:

" DocTodd, the F-86 looks even better and more detailed then what you saw in Houston. I am confident that you will be very happy. Thank you for your warm welcome.

Flayrah, we are in the process of moving buildings and everything is crazy around the home office, therefore I do not know if they are accepting walk-ins at this time. However, all of our 1:18 models will be shipped in their own shipping box. This means one airplane per box. We will bind four boxes together at the factory so that they can be easily shipped in cases of four. We feel this will alleviate the cost and burden for our retailers of having to purchase and re-box our models.

Birddog, thank you for your warm welcome.

Gunner, thank you, you will not have to wait long for the F-86. Production has already started.

Digger, thank you for your warm welcome.

Immeww2, thank you

Jesse James, I would like to thank you for your warm welcome. Our company is very interested in producing 1:18 vehicles in general. We are exploring the engineering and cost of several vehicles in 1:18 scale. You will have to wait and see.

Teamski, there is a fine line that companies must walk in this industry. On one side is offering a model that is unique and not likely to be produced by others and on the other side is the necessity to recoup moneys invested in the project. You will see more abstract models produced once Admiral Toys Incorporated becomes more established in the market. The more popular you make us the more likely it is that we will produce abstract models.

To answer another point of your question, yes, our numbers will be limited. We are not selling these models to the mass-retailers. Therefore, our production numbers will be thousands less.

Supersonicfifi, our office is discussing the idea and is always interested in new marketable ideas. The movie looks incredible!

WGP Klaus, sorry for the non-reply, you have been put on the list. Thank you for your patience and warm welcome.

Vulgarvulture, we are looking into the F-4 just like we are looking into the A-10, F-15, F-22, Harrier, 1:18 B-17 etc. (Yes I said it) but you will have to wait and see. We are looking into everything you have discussed on this board and nothing is dismissed immediately without fully exploring engineering and cost. Anything is a possibility. We just have to find a way to make it affordable for all involved.

Quixote511, your dad’s crate will be here soon. I am glad to hear your interest in the model. Thank you for your warm welcome.

Kagnew, I will have to check my research but wasn’t Glen’s Mig Mad Marine an F-86F model?

Bluesparrow, thank you for your warm welcome.

Steelbonnet, thank you for your welcome. I stated above that we are exploring 1:18 armor.

For Mike: Thank you for your welcome. I have enjoyed reading your responses on the BBI thread. I hope you do not mind my stealing your catch phrase, there is just no better way of answering some of the questions. Warm regards.

p51, thank you for your warm welcome.

Jerico "The leader of the A-10 fan club!" Eagle, thank you for the welcome. I love the enthusiasm you all have for the A-10. It personally makes Admiral Toys Incorporated nervous that such enthusiasm must have certainly convinced one of the other companies to produce the A-10; therefore, we are in a wait and see mode with the A-10. I hope the other companies are not in the same wait and see mode or you might be in for a long strike!

Morian Miner, thank you for your welcome and yes Mr. Ferguson deserve a lot of praise.

Luftpanzer, thank you for your welcome and your wishes are duly noted.

Shin Densetsu, I love the F-14 and would love for my company to produce one. I must say wait and see.

Folkwulfe, thank you for your warm welcome. Where in Dallas do you live? I spent 25 years in Dallas.

CW4USARMY, thank you for your warm welcome.

Eddie372, thank you for you comments. Admiral Toys Incorporated is an S corporation incorporated in the state of Texas. It is primarily a family owned corporation with just a handful of outside investors. Call the corporate office if you would like more information on investment opportunities.

Kamikaze, thank you for your warm welcome. We definitely plan on doing limited numbers of all our releases. If mass-retailers are involved it will be a different plane in a different box, it will not interfere with your desires to have sought after limited numbered models.

I wanted to just give everyone a look at a simplified short flow chart of the process of making models. The flow chart will show you the steps required to produce a model. It takes anywhere from 6 to 12 months to offer a new model to the public. Here is a simplified flow chart to describe the process.

1. Master Model (referred to on this site as a prototype) is produced.
2. Modifications of Master Model
3. Tooling of the molds
4. Then we take a couple of shots (injections) to see how the molds are taking the plastic.
5. T1 which is the first official shot is completed
6. Modifications of the molds after T1.
7. Engineering Samples are produced.
8. Modification of Engineering Samples.
9. Design is produced, what paint job is going on the model.
10. Tampo-printing screens are made and spray masking tools are produced. A tampo-printing screen is kind of like a money printing plate. It is a thin metal sheet that has a cut out of what you want printed on the model. Then a silicon head comes down on the screen after paint is wiped over the screen. That silicon head then presses down on the model. If either screen or head needs modifying this means starting over with all new parts. Spray Masking is the process used for painting large areas of models. The spray masking tools are kind of like kitchen tongs that hold the model and have the areas to receive paint cut out of them. This allows for fast painting of stripes, noses of aircraft etc. Each requires tooling and modifications which equates to time.
11. The production line is set up.
12. Production begins
13. Shipping the product

Hopefully you see by this simplified flow chart that it takes a long time to get a model out. Therefore the chance that another company starts the same project sometime during our production is likely. Therefore you will see copies of models. It is not our intention to copy a model being produced, it is sometimes just unfortunate timing.

It has been my pleasure to respond to all of your questions. Hopefully I have answered all of your questions to this point. I look forward to more questions in the future."

Also, Jason informed me that:

"Admiral Toys Incorporated immediately retooled the canopy of the F-86E
after concerns that some board members felt it was not correct. I hope they find it
appropriate."

Photo to follow...wait and you see.. :)

kevrut

xd

Post by kevrut » Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:42 pm

Boy, that just put a big smile on my face. :D Looking forward to seeing all the new stuff.
I'm happy you're even considering the B-17.

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:44 pm

Thanks for you responses and your time Jason. Looking very forward to what you have in store for us.

Go Ugly Early!!!

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:34 pm

Here you guys go! Photos (looking nice I must say!):

digger

cool

Post by digger » Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:34 pm

"Admiral Toys Incorporated immediately retooled the canopy of the F-86E after concerns that some board members felt it was not correct. I hope they find it appropriate."

Cool 8)
And thanks Jason for all the time you're taking, and for the break down. :D

EDIT: The model is VERY NICE. :shock: