Admiral Toys Information Q&A (Jason)

Ask Questions & Chat with representatives of the small scale companies!
Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:18 pm

Awesome insight as always. I am looking forward to your next new release.
Aaron

My pathetic fantasy football team:

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1804/polocksia2.jpg[/img][/url]

Juneau@1
Sergeant
Sergeant

1/72 Tanks?

Post by Juneau@1 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:43 pm

Jason,
It has been a long time since any new information about the 1/72 line has been posted. Any hints as to what is next after the Panzer III?
Thanks,
Eric

sluff
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by sluff » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:48 pm

Jason, once again thanks for being so upfront with us, I have a few questions, now that you have had your F-4 for a while, have you noticed any long term problems that you would address on any of your future releases like sagging wings, soft landing gear, or brittle ordnance? These seem to be the biggest issues with our larger planes and I really would not want to see this happen on your Skyraider and Dauntless. Are you planning on attending the toy fair in New York? Finally any news on release dates for the Skyraider and Dauntless? I am really looking forward to both in particular the Skyraider and I say bring on the repaints as well

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:47 pm

Birddog, you are welcome and thank you so much for reading it.

tkjaer21, you will probably see us at the convention in Dallas this year. We cannot pass up an opportunity in our own backyard.

pickelhaube, Without removable landing gear I see no other way to produce a Wildcat that you all would be happy with. Good idea!

Spudkopf, your knowledge of the Skyraider is very impressive. Hopefully we will impress you with our production version.

warhawker, the Kate is still around. We will produce it when we are able to sell enough to justify production. Unfortunately there is not as much cost savings in producing a model in 1:32 versus 1:18 as one would think. However, the selling-price difference is substantial. We would have to produce 10's of thousands to get it to the price the competition is selling their smaller 1:32 models. However, you never know... I think it would look better in 1:18. This IS NOT a hint for toy fair.

Teamski and Quixote511, you are welcome. It is my pleasure to share what I have learned.

Juneau@1, the 1:72 line is not dead, just on hold. We will have the Pak 40 at the toy fair. That model is 100% ready for production, if we have enough interest. Unfortunately, the 1:72 scale collectors want the best of of both worlds, metal/quality and a low price. Even some of the other manufacturers in this scale have tried to lower their metal count. It is getting very expensive to give the collectors what they want in 1:72 scale and make such little per model (this is referring to the artillery) Not a good way to stay in business.

sluff, we are always looking to better our products and have them stand up to the test of time. Sagging wings has not been an issue for us at this point. The Skyraider is the true test because of the folding wing. Ours does not sag at this time, but gravity is a foe. We have engineered the wing to prevent sag, now we just need to make it look good. Soft landing gear are addressed in production by putting metal inside the plastic for the heavier models. Brittle ordinance is not an issue because of the grade of PVC or ABS which is used in production. It may cost a little more, but we more than make up for it in positive QC comments on this board and from other customers.

We are attending the NY toy fair. Our booth is not where you would expect it to be. Unfortunately for the collectors on this board this means we are going to show products that are different from what we have talked about on this board.

We will have examples of the old stuff that you have hopefully bought and love. :lol: We are branching out this year into a couple of different areas.

Sorry the build up to toy fair was very uneventful this year. This does not mean that we have not been working on completely new and exciting aircraft and things in 1:18. Silence does not mean idle hands. We have some projects that will impress. We just cannot talk about them like we did in the past. But look forward to a quick turn around in the future. If you hear about an aircraft, tank, truck, jeep, artillery or boat in 1:18 from Admiral Toys... it means it is about finished with production and a release date of only travel time to the US should be expected.

Regards,
Jason
Last edited by Jason of Admiral Toys on Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:26 pm

Thanx Jason
great information as always :D
Phabulous Phantoms Phorever rule the sky
and Starfighters Rule the Stars

http://WWW.Panda-Hobby.COM

mediump
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by mediump » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:32 pm

Jason of Admiral Toys wrote: If you hear about an aircraft, tank, truck, jeep, artillery or boat in 1:18 from Admiral Toys... it means it is about finished with production and a release date of only travel time to the US should be expected.

Regards,
Jason
wait a minute is this a hint? JK :lol:
But hey, if AT were to get into the ground pounders I will buy whatever you make in 1:18 armor :D and I'm not kidding on that one 8)
When down from the clouds with our weapons of Hell, we drop to avenge our friends who fell.

warhawker
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by warhawker » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:33 pm

Sweet thanks Jason!

mountian-man
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by mountian-man » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:34 pm

Well Jason, you have one customer for the sale of a 1:18th scale "Kate" right here....

Yes, it would look much better in 1:18!!! :wink:

Spudkopf
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Spudkopf » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:45 pm

G'day Jason

As always thanks for taking the time out to try and address every ones questions as much as you can.

As for being impressed with the A-1, well I already am as it was your A-1 that has prompted me to try and learn what I have, even though I have always had a great liking for the aircraft I ashamedly knew very little about its history to the point that I lacked even knowledge of which model was which.

I am very glad you have chosen what looks to be the a A-1H or J (AD-6 or 7) as the subject of your model, these being the ultimate production examples of this great plane, although I do have to admit a very big soft spot for the A-1E (AD-5) with it’s side by side cockpit (although reportedly not the best option for ground attack), if I was a quadzillionaire the A-1E would be my war bird of choice.
SPUD

Something's up with photobucket?????

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:08 pm

Great to hear from you as usual Jason,

Awhile back you mentioined showing some photos of your Dad's A-1. Are you still planning on doing so? I know we all would like to see them.
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

Birddog
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Birddog » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:21 pm

Thanks again Jason.

Looking forward to seeing all the products that Admiral Toys shows at Toy Fair.

Keep up the great work.
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:33 pm

Woot Woot, Jason. It's always good to hear from you. I hope TF goes well for you. I know I will be watching the coverage.

And, you had said earlier that you guys were producing some sort of home gadget. Can you share anymore about this?
Aaron

My pathetic fantasy football team:

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1804/polocksia2.jpg[/img][/url]

olifant

Post by olifant » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:14 pm

[quote="
warhawker, the Kate is still around. We will produce it when we are able to sell enough to justify production. Unfortunately there is not as much cost savings in producing a model in 1:32 versus 1:18 as one would think. However, the selling-price difference is substantial. We would have to produce 10's of thousands to get it to the price the competition is selling their smaller 1:32 models. However, you never know... I think it would look better in 1:18. This IS NOT a hint for toy fair.

[/quote]

Jason, my personal feeling is you don't have to bring 1/32 prices down to "the competition's" 1/32 price. I think most people would be willing to pay more money for planes that are high in quality and a little bit on the less known side. I am not sure a Kate would sell for the BBI Phantom price of $50 but I would gladly buy many releases at $30-$40. :wink:
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:05 pm

Jericoeagle1 wrote:Great to hear from you as usual Jason,

Awhile back you mentioined showing some photos of your Dad's A-1. Are you still planning on doing so? I know we all would like to see them.
I would love to show you some photos. However, we are looking for the right opportunity to sneak his photos out of his den for use on the sale-box. He knows that we are producing the A-1, but he does not know the extent that we wish to honor his service in this aircraft.

I cannot gain access to the photos until it is time for the box's production.

I am signing off until next month. I will be out of town until March. Have a great rest of the month.

Talk to y'all soon,
Regards,
Jason

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:20 pm

Jason - Have a great show and we look forward to hearing from you in a few weeks. I also have news to cover with you at some ponint, when you get a chance.
Thanks for all the intel and background over the past few weeks--it adds some real depth to this hobby, and is one the many things that makes Admiral truly stand out from the rest of the industry.

Regards

The FieroDude
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

sarge
Sergeant
Sergeant

Dauntless

Post by sarge » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:43 pm

Jason
Don't mean to run an old horse into the ground but what's the story on the Dauntless? :roll: All MTS is saying as of 2/14/08 is they're waiting on the pics of the prototype and that's all. I've been on the pre-order list since it first came out and don't mind waiting but a few new updates would be nice :? . Thanks.

Plane Nuts
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Plane Nuts » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:31 pm

Jason,

Any updates on the Hartmann Sabre? Shouldn't we be seeing it soon? Last you mentioned, you were hoping to have it here around Toy Faire time?

I know the Bubbletop boys are pining for a Gabreski P-47...But I have been dying to have the Gabby Sabre you promised us in November. When I first heard about the F-86s many years ago, that is the one I have been hoping for ever since.

Regards.

der Vogelfänger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by der Vogelfänger » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:46 am

Plane Nuts wrote:Jason,

Any updates on the Hartmann Sabre? Shouldn't we be seeing it soon? Last you mentioned, you were hoping to have it here around Toy Faire time?

I know the Bubbletop boys are pining for a Gabreski P-47...But I have been dying to have the Gabby Sabre you promised us in November. When I first heard about the F-86s many years ago, that is the one I have been hoping for ever since.

Regards.
...and to add to PN's plea: how about ALL of Hartmann's airplanes ( :D :!: 8) ) plus Gabreski's P-47D and his F-86??!! Any updates on the Hartmann F-86 will keep me going for a long time. Thank you, as usual, Jason!!

dV
du doch nicht!
Kennst du mich noch?
Luftwaffe-a-holic!!!

Unsere Mannschaft muß einfach gewinnen, und
plötzlich, Weltmeister Zwanzigvierzehn! (WM2014)

Danke Jungs!!

DropTank
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by DropTank » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:34 am

Jason..Great job on the new website update. Looking forward to seeing it added to in the future when news permits. 8)

warhawker
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by warhawker » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:34 am

Yeah...I like the three box tease marked "TOP SECRET!"

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:33 am

Is this a hint The Boeing F/A-18E/F Super Hornet that at the top of the home page in the banner?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:17 am

That would be nice

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:35 am

I don't think it likely unless it's 1/32 Scale. We already have a 1/18 Hornet out there I think Jason knows to sell a jet it would have to be something new.
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:45 am

2 things
the old bbi Hornet is long in tooth. and a Super Bug is about 80 persent a new airframe