BBI - Blue Box Toys Information Q&A (Mike)

Ask Questions & Chat with representatives of the small scale companies!
aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:23 pm

i love the zeros and F-18...and i'd really, reallly love any Hind BBI sees fit to put out. :)
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

CW4USARMY
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by CW4USARMY » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:39 pm

aferguson wrote:i love the zeros and F-18...and i'd really, reallly love any Hind BBI sees fit to put out. :)
AMEN!! A hind would be too cool! (BTW Mike, Love all your 1:18 offerings, keep'em comin ;-) )

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:49 pm

CW4USARMY wrote:AMEN!! A hind would be too cool! (BTW Mike, Love all your 1:18 offerings, keep'em comin ;-) )
Agree on both fronts Mike, keep em coming.. And don't forget about sending me some pictures for the database! ;)
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:01 pm

This is to Mike:

"Mike I dont care if the Hellcats tires are to thin, I dont care if the Hellcats wing dehedral is wrong and I dont care if the wings dont fold correctly. You guys at BBI have delievered one of my all time favorite fighter planes of WW 2: The F6F Hellcat in 1/18th scale. The wings on my Hellcat wont be folded anyway so problem solved. If I really want I can replace the tires with the Avenger tires, problem solved. So far your Corsairs and Mustangs for me have been top notch and the Hellcat no doubt will be the same if not better."

This all being said I think Mike has done enough explaining about the Hellcat. If you dont like it dont buy it. Its that simple. Me? I've waited a long time for the Hellcat to come out in 1/18th and I dont care if its not perfect in every way so I'm going to buy it. Now I'm not saying people dont have a right to voice their opinions but how many times must Mike explain things for people to "get it"?

:?
"You dont know the power of the darkside, it is your destiny" Lord Vader.

Killerf6
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Killerf6 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:28 pm

MightyMustang wrote:This is to Mike:

"Mike I dont care if the Hellcats tires are to thin, I dont care if the Hellcats wing dehedral is wrong and I dont care if the wings dont fold correctly. You guys at BBI have delievered one of my all time favorite fighter planes of WW 2: The F6F Hellcat in 1/18th scale. The wings on my Hellcat wont be folded anyway so problem solved. If I really want I can replace the tires with the Avenger tires, problem solved. So far your Corsairs and Mustangs for me have been top notch and the Hellcat no doubt will be the same if not better."

This all being said I think Mike has done enough explaining about the Hellcat. If you dont like it dont buy it. Its that simple. Me? I've waited a long time for the Hellcat to come out in 1/18th and I dont care if its not perfect in every way so I'm going to buy it. Now I'm not saying people dont have a right to voice their opinions but how many times must Mike explain things for people to "get it"?

Yeah what he said!
I fly cartoon airplanes

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:26 pm

A little off the Hellcat topic and something Mike had little to do with, but just wanted to tell him its great to see BBI readily at Target for such great prices :D

Who would have ever thought to see an Apache or a Blackhawk for $30, and the M1 Abrams and LAV for even less? Target has also done a kick-ass job of getting the stuff out there. At least 3 stores in my area now have the BBI products, which is a record that beats out anything a certain larger retail chain ever attempted :wink: Good going BBI!
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:30 pm

MightyMustang wrote:This is to Mike:

Amen, brother!
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:16 pm

I am sorry I got all worked up...I guess I am the bad guy here..sorry.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:24 am

This for all those that have been jumping on me.

I don’t want to make enemies here and I sure don’t wont to lose any friends here either.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

USCGSARdog
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by USCGSARdog » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:18 am

toyktdlgh wrote:
I’m curious Mike; why do you even bother answering some of these questions here? It seems to me that some people just want to tell you how you got it wrong and should fix this or that huge error. If I were you I wouldn’t bother even reading this thread. When’s the last time someone said I love it or that’s a great model, you guys did a great job?
My 2c

By the way, I’m not referring to anyone specifically, just to the general tone of these threads.
Well said toyktdlgh. I've been scratching my head about this as well. My concern is that the Hellcat has not even been released and people gripe, nit-pick and rip it apart, and for what? Having never laid eyes on it, I would say thats putting the cart before the horse.

I am not calling anyone out. As Mighty Mustang said, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I would just ask that such negative comments be kept to ones self until said comments are truly justified, after you have seen the plane in person.

With all of this negativity, its no wonder the company reps don't interact here as much as they once did. :|

-Rob

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:44 am

VMF115 wrote:This for all those that have been jumping on me.

I don’t want to make enemies here and I sure don’t wont to lose any friends here either.

You're not brother...and I don't think you are a bad guy. Everyone has things they are passionate about...yours is attetnion to detail on these planes. This is just one of those things you are out voted on so to speak. Personally, I am not that worried about tire thickness either, but we can all voice our concerns.

warhawker
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by warhawker » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:46 am

VMF115 wrote:I am sorry I got all worked up...I guess I am the bad guy here..sorry.
You are forgiven only if you man up and get a real avatar instead of rocking cat heads. :D

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:05 am

LoL...I like the rocking cat head. Cats are cute. Oh, maybe that should have remained just a thought.

Black Lion VF-213
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Black Lion VF-213 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:45 am

NOOOO I say keep the cat heads!! They're awesome. The baby tabby looks so much like the cat I had growing up with. She was a great cat.

mccarthy1028
Corporal
Corporal

???

Post by mccarthy1028 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:04 am

I was wondering since the Tomcats were retired from service, is BBi going to consider a F-14 in 1:18. It would behove this company to do such a plane since you sit on the forefront of modern 1:18 scale aviation...They would go great with the F-18's and F-16's...I would also like to know if there are any plans to re-release the Blue Angels version of the F-18...Thanks, Mike M.

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:29 pm

Wo Wo Wo---I recognized the whole wing plastic thickness thing. We both need to show the love. And, the Po-lock will be certainly showing bbi the love at Target and MTS.
Aaron

My pathetic fantasy football team:

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1804/polocksia2.jpg[/img][/url]

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:30 am

Hi Mike.
Don't know if this was asked or not, but I take it your Target line of Combat Command is over?

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:51 pm

Hi Mike sorry if this has been asked but is the current chinese toy recal problem going to affect the release of new items in any way do you know?
If interrested in seeing more of my customs check out

http://www.freewebs.com/scopescustoms/index.htm

KWR190
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by KWR190 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:07 pm

Mike will Target carry the Pavehawks in

Thank you
Kurt

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:49 am

Mike wrote:

"For holensock,

Yes…Combat Command has been “re-assigned’

For Scope UK,

No effect on us…but the owner of the paint factory hung himself last weekend

For KWR190,

A Pavehawk is just a repainted Blackhawk and target will get a rolling line of color schemes
For Grunt1

I have every item on a disc for you..so please give AFerg a name and address to mail it to

Mike"
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:22 am

aferguson wrote: ... target will get a rolling line of color schemes
Yes! :D
aferguson wrote:For Grunt1

I have every item on a disc for you..so please give AFerg a name and address to mail it to
Mike"
Done, thanks Mike!
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

mccarthy1028
Corporal
Corporal

hello???

Post by mccarthy1028 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:26 am

I was wondering since the Tomcats were retired from service, is BBi going to consider a F-14 in 1:18. It would behove this company to do such a plane since you sit on the forefront of modern 1:18 scale aviation...They would go great with the F-18's and F-16's...I would also like to know if there are any plans to re-release the Blue Angels version of the F-18...Thanks, Mike M.

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:22 pm

Mike, just wanted to let you know that the Target here in Strongsville, Ohio has restocked the bbi armor and figures THREE times already since the arrived on the shelves a couple of weeks back! Still haven't seen the helicopters yet, but everything else goes QUICK!!!

Black Lion VF-213
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Black Lion VF-213 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:58 pm

Oh yeah Mike, I second what McCarthy1028 asked about the Tomcat. I bet if BBI made the F-14 they would end up having the all time sales record or at least close enough for 2nd or 3rd for any particular 1:18 aircraft. Repaint possibilities for the F-14? Endless.....that equals lots and lots of sales.