21st Century Toys 1:18 Information Q&A (Area-21 Pres)

Ask Questions & Chat with representatives of the small scale companies!
normandy
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by normandy » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:13 am

TKO, do you know if these flight 19 or any other Avengers will make it to the east coast? Haven't seen any in my AO.
As for armor I'm with you, the Panzer IV is a must. A re-release of the Panther with Steel-rimmed wheels (similar to 21's Tiger) would be cool. A Jadgpanther :idea: talk about a must, dang I made one 6 years ago.
Hear anything on the King Tiger? I'm looking forward to this one.
Thanks for keeping us updated.

Plane Nuts
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Plane Nuts » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:19 pm

TKO: Since I know 21st would be the most likely to use their Mustang for this idea, what would be the prospects of some air racer paint schemes? I would beat down a door for a Miss America, and would simply die for Georgia Mae (I know that's one I pulled out of nowhere, since I couldn't even begin to know what happened to that plane, but I know Wiley Sanders still has his trucking company...).

I know some of the better known modifieds wouldn't be practical, but there have been a good number of stock one that would be popular! Just think, a White Lightning P-38 or........

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:34 pm

tko211 wrote:6. Stencils! It has MANY I count 40 areas in all. no step, step, fuel, hand holds, tie downs, service panels, you name it! All in white and a couple in red.
21C has got tampo printing nailed and all those little details make a huge difference.. :D Saw these have started showing up for pre-order at a few of the online shops. Will it still include aliens?
tko211 wrote: Panzer IV a MUST! I would rather see another re-release of this than any other tank. way too few made for that mold.
The RC units are pretty easy to un-RC.. Is it price, a particular aspect of the IV like the schurtzen, or ? Guess I don't get why we need another IV over a new model like a Pershing, Jagdpanther or a T-34..
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:34 pm

Oh, and has the message been heard regarding the need for Russians or British?
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:19 pm

Russians or Brittish... Nothing confirmed and no specifics as far as nationalities, units or subjects of yet. however I would expect to see some cool ideas develop into reality as far as figure assortments in the future. 21c has some very cool ideas on this topic, lots of neat ideas are on the table for the 21c product development team. Thats all I can say for now.

Yes the Flight 19 birds should still have Aliens with them! They should be fun little add in's!

Racer paint schemes could be kinda cool to see? I think the Tiger meet starfighter will be the test bed for these kinds of projects. So for this we will truely have to wait and see.

21c got kinda busy with the Pak and hanomag versions so I think the King Tiger is just coming to boil on the back burner. I should know more in few more weeks after Roy gets back from China and give everyone the status report on projects! LOTS is going on in 21c land that much is sure.

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:03 am

Hello TKO: :D You've probally been asked this a million times already, but I was just wandering if you know about when the online etiailers will get the new 18 fig asst? I've been to every wally in my area and nothing. I'm having x/d withdrawl... oh no getting the shakes agaiiiin... :D Thanks :D
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)

tko211

Post by tko211 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:10 am

I don't know who or when the oline retailers will get the new assortments I wish I did. Sorry I don't know more on that for you.

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:00 pm

Thanks TKO, :D :D
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:03 pm

What's the deal with Flight 19 tail #28 not having any aliens?
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

JohnLumley
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by JohnLumley » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:25 pm

It's good marketing & sales I believe.

The folks who wanted to buy only 1 Flight 19 avenger will buy the lead ship which is #28 Taylor. It's should be the most requested of the bunch.

If you want the Alien then you also buy one of the other four ships in the series.

I beleive this is done to encourage sales on the remaining four Flight 19 birds.

It's good marketing.

Of course... I could be all wrong.
One hundred and fifty three - 1:18 scale aircraft on the ceiling looks :shock: damn good!

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:22 pm

If I buy the rest of the flight, it's because I want the rest of the flight. The aliens are icing. Ultimately unecessary. At the same time, I find it annoying that #28 doesn't have an alien too.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:18 pm

flpickupman wrote:If I buy the rest of the flight, it's because I want the rest of the flight. The aliens are icing. Ultimately unecessary. At the same time, I find it annoying that #28 doesn't have an alien too.
Try contacting 21c and telling them about the missing alien. I'm sure they have spares and may very well send one. They owe it to the consumers for leaving out something that should have been packaged with all the planes :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:35 am

Well, the word from Matt at Bad Cat was that none of the #28 tail numbers had an alien(my plane actually arrives tomorrow). If it's a deliberate 21C decision to omit them, I'm fine with that. It's still annoying though. :?
-W.C. Fields

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:46 am

Okay, how about some official confirmation. TKO, any word on the abscence of aliens in tail #28?
-W.C. Fields

tko211

Post by tko211 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:47 pm

It is confirmed that all number 28 (flight leader) are shipping without the Alien. I am not sure exactly what the reason(s) are but it is indeed the situation.

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:05 pm

tko211 wrote:It is confirmed that all number 28 (flight leader) are shipping without the Alien. I am not sure exactly what the reason(s) are but it is indeed the situation.
Taste? :wink:

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:35 pm

Teamski wrote:
tko211 wrote:It is confirmed that all number 28 (flight leader) are shipping without the Alien. I am not sure exactly what the reason(s) are but it is indeed the situation.
Taste? :wink:

-Ski
Could be worse. At least it's not garden gnomes. Or pilots that look like Clay Aiken (ok, where is the nauseous looking emoticon when you need it?)
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:51 am

Any news on whether this will be rectified?
-W.C. Fields

digger

?

Post by digger » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:10 pm

flpickupman wrote:

Any news on whether this will be rectified?
How do you know it was a mistake? It could have been on purpose...would you not have wanted the Flight Leader if no Alien included?

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:22 am

The alien ultimately makes no difference to me. I would, however, like to know if it was omitted on purpose or by accident. If on purpose, why? Call me nosey if you will. I'm curious like that. I think having dropped a fair amount of money on 21C product gives me grounds to ask the question. But that's just me.
-W.C. Fields

digger

alien

Post by digger » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:40 am

By all means ask...but when you asked whether it would be "rectified" it implied there was a mistake, that's all. :wink:

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:57 am

Come on - 21st Century knows it is a well known fact that the flight leader was not abducted by an alien....
He flew his plane to X31 in the Crab nebula in an attempt to save his wingman.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

digger

Post by flpickupman » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:10 am

Hey, that plane isn't cheap! If it didn't come with an alien like the others, I'd call it a mistake.

It was either an error in assembly, or an error in judgement. :wink:
-W.C. Fields

tko211

Post by tko211 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:51 pm

There has been no specific reason that has been provided to me. All I know at this time is that the number 28 ship doesn't come with an alien.

I rememeber that when the Flight 19 project was introduced and the alien theme was incorporated that a several fans expressed that they didn't care or want the alien at all. I wonder if that feedback caused 21st to listen to fans and decide to offer one ship with out the little green friend. (or Red friend depending on the alien color you get).

Or perhaps 21st just wanted to add to the mystery surrounding Flight 19 by building in a little mystery of it's own? :lol:

7thva_hunter
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by 7thva_hunter » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:08 pm

any new playsets.
XD aholic