21st Century Toys 1:18 Information Q&A (Area-21 Pres)

Ask Questions & Chat with representatives of the small scale companies!
parrish333
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Great!

Post by parrish333 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:51 pm

tko211 wrote:Yeah, you are correct! I forgot all about him! I never saw any pictures to post an article on but I did discover that it was a Pak-40 crew member / army builder german figure!
Fantastic! For all of those collectors who have joined the 1:18 bandwagon in the last couple years, it looks like this is going to be a great wave to get them caught up with the essentials - while still throwing in a few treats to the longstanding fans.

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:24 pm

tko211 wrote:Yeah, you are correct! I forgot all about him! I never saw any pictures to post an article on but I did discover that it was a Pak-40 crew member / army builder german figure!
Do we really need one? I mean, the BoB soldiers work just fine!
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Flak Happy
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Flak Happy » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:03 pm

Is there any chance that there will be any vintage or even modern jets in the 32x line? Or is strictly just WWII. Sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn't find any post.

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:32 am

The 1:32 line of aircraft have all been WWII subjects indeed. WWII reamins the most successful of era's for military sales bar none. However, I gotta say that the success of the new Sabre, MiG-15, and starfighter have certainly opened up the opportunity to see other era's in 1:32 in the future. That is my guess. It's just a matter of time I am sure!

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:52 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:
Do we really need one? I mean, the BoB soldiers work just fine!
Perhaps he comes with a pair of wicker shell carriers! :D Or some other "special" artillery / anti-tank crewman accessory..

tko211 wrote:The 1:32 line of aircraft have all been WWII subjects indeed. WWII reamins the most successful of era's for military sales bar none. However, I gotta say that the success of the new Sabre, MiG-15, and starfighter have certainly opened up the opportunity to see other era's in 1:32 in the future. That is my guess. It's just a matter of time I am sure!
Yes, that would be awesome. When FoV first hit the sceen, I was so disappointed to learn that their modern helo's and planes weren't 1/32 like all of their armor. Waste of perfectly good apaches and tomcats.. :?
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

MK
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MK » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:45 am

First time poster in this section, so forgive me if this has been asked. With the relative excitement and success of the PAK 40, when are we going to get a Howitzer for our US forces to play with? The same howitzer can be used to make a Priest using the exisiting Sherman body. I figured it would make sense since the Pak halftrack was made.

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:29 pm

BRAVO for 21C! It's so good to see them retooling the Me-262 into the night fighter version!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It will go right along side the other Me 262, instead of forcing a choice of buying only one.

An I can tell the 21C gun barrels might actually line up with the ports...hehe.

I thought the Me- 262 "surprise" was going to be a kettengrad to tow it but hey the 2 seat is super.

Ok now for the He-111!

Dave

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:51 am

TKO, I noticed that, on 1/32 models, the cowl flaps are molded in the open position. Any chance 21st Century Toys (BBI and Admiral, you too!) will do the same on 1/18 models?

I love the way a plane looks with them open, it looks more agressive.

The Corsair looks so placid with closed cowl flaps :?
[img39]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/QueenofSky/BirdFlu.gif[/img39] [img39]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Acherontia_lachesis.jpg/200px-Acherontia_lachesis.jpg[/img39]

tko211

Post by tko211 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:58 am

Instead of wicker carriers how about wicker furniture in 1:18? :lol:

Yeah the 262 nightfighter is going to be pretty sweet!

Moth- I have to agree with you that the open cowl flaps in the 1:32 line sure give the Corsair a boss look. I would guess however that 21c isn't going to revisit the Corsair mold right away. I know it isn't part of the 2007 plan anyway.

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:04 am

Thanks TKO :wink:

Hear anything on the re-realese of the Panther, Panzer IV, Cobra Helicopter, Huey Helicopter, P-40, or P-47?
[img39]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/QueenofSky/BirdFlu.gif[/img39] [img39]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Acherontia_lachesis.jpg/200px-Acherontia_lachesis.jpg[/img39]

normandy

Post by normandy » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:18 am

TKO, any news on the King Tiger?

tko211

Post by tko211 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:59 am

I am waiting to hear back on the King Tiger. There will be some new repaints in 2007. I would guess that a P-40 P-47 might be among them for sure. We should start to get the details on some of the 07 stuff any day now.

Shin Densetsu
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Shin Densetsu » Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:01 pm

TKo I have brand new questions for the holidays!

1-Christmas is upon us. DOes Roy/21st century HQ have any christmas hints for any of the 2007 items? )like an F-14 Tomcat?)

2-Would a variable incidence wing be hard to replicate on a 1/18 F-8 Crusader?

3-21st has brought modern helicopters to the 1/18 scale field. Same with warbirds to now Korean era fighters(including the F-104 since it was made during that era). So far they have ww2-korea basically covered. Does 21st have any intention of bringing modern fighters or the 70's teen fighters to 1/18 scale?

4-We got a vietnam color scheme from smoke II. Will we get 1/18 vietnam era jets to dogfight it with next year?

5-The F-4 was once said to be too big for the box. Has 21st figured out a way to stuff that bad boy into a box? I'm sure more than 1/2 of us would buy it!

6-An important question. We all love the starfighter. But to me I wonder, will the future repaints of it include more armnaments ? For example....could we get wingtip mounted sidewinders? Or zuni pods for the wings? Pylons? Its sucha beautiful bird but lacking armnament...and you've gotta admit, thats one aggressive looking bird! We have 2 repaints set for next year, could those have more weapons options? I imagine the wings would maybe not even need retooling, just a new tooled wingtip pylon to attach to it. The only part to retool would be for underwing pylons.

7-Does walmarts policies factor into what planes we get in 1/18? For example, are they against big fighters such as the F-4 and F-14 because of sales worries?

8-Would 21st love to go back to TRU?BEcause I would!!

9-Merry x mas and thank you for bringing us a lot of news throughout the year!!
Shin's wishlist for 1/18 and 1/32 with retractable landing gear and more:

F-14 Tomcat, F-8 Crusader, A-4 Skyhawk, F-105 Thunderchief, A-6 Intruder, F-15C, F-15E Strike Eagle

Jackson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Jackson » Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:20 pm

tko211 wrote:I am waiting to hear back on the King Tiger. There will be some new repaints in 2007. I would guess that a P-40 P-47 might be among them for sure. We should start to get the details on some of the 07 stuff any day now.
Speaking of re-doos- Even tho a lot of you are probably burnt out on the Fw D-9 I think if 21st would stretch them wings out and stretch the fuselage a lil as well and you would have what I think is the best looking fighter of WWII and would seem not that much in re-tooling to do it....... Give me the Focke Wulf Ta. 152H with them long alabatross{alabatross= albatross from alabama} :shock: albatross wings....... 8) in the works maybe? Anyway the 152 should be good seller considering how many D9s were put out there...... any word on this bird?..

SGT. Saunders
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SGT. Saunders » Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:41 pm

Has anyone have a Idea when the new figures will be avalable on-line (BadCat, FoxHole)?
There's only one way out of HELL! and that's through it!!

tko211

Post by tko211 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:42 am

Here are some answers...

1-Christmas is upon us. DOes Roy/21st century HQ have any christmas hints for any of the 2007 items? )like an F-14 Tomcat?)

A: Just a little too early for that right now. On Christmas day a new Special Edition Repaint on an older bird will be announced.

A: I doubt that it would be too hard. But I have not heard one way or another on that plane.

3-21st has brought modern helicopters to the 1/18 scale field. Same with warbirds to now Korean era fighters(including the F-104 since it was made during that era). So far they have ww2-korea basically covered. Does 21st have any intention of bringing modern fighters or the 70's teen fighters to 1/18 scale?

A: Ah, jets... Ya know WWII will ALWAYS be a subject that favorite to most, however I think the success of the F-104 led to the development of the F-86 and the MiG-15... Is there a future in jets? Most likely.

4-We got a vietnam color scheme from smoke II. Will we get 1/18 vietnam era jets to dogfight it with next year?

Not sure.

5-The F-4 was once said to be too big for the box. Has 21st figured out a way to stuff that bad boy into a box? I'm sure more than 1/2 of us would buy it!

The F-4 would be HUGE to make and to box! I would LOVE to see one. I have begged for one in the past with now luck so far so perhaps it is too big to make for the moment?... I suspect that might the case.

6-An important question. We all love the starfighter. But to me I wonder, will the future repaints of it include more armnaments ? For example....could we get wingtip mounted sidewinders? Or zuni pods for the wings? Pylons? Its sucha beautiful bird but lacking armnament...and you've gotta admit, thats one aggressive looking bird! We have 2 repaints set for next year, could those have more weapons options? I imagine the wings would maybe not even need retooling, just a new tooled wingtip pylon to attach to it. The only part to retool would be for underwing pylons.

The next 2 schemes do not have any changes in the mold or it's offerings. I like the idea though! Might just have to borrow that one from you!

7-Does walmarts policies factor into what planes we get in 1/18? For example, are they against big fighters such as the F-4 and F-14 because of sales worries?

YES for sure! WM sales do effect the ability to sell larger planes with higher price points! GO BUY AVENGERS!!!! that will be the quickest way for us to get larger birds. If WM sees a solid trend they will put pressure on 21st to make something else cool and big! WM pressure means that WM will write a big order to fund another big project!

You bet! TRU could use some military toy help!

Merry Christmas to you too my friend!

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:26 am

Hey TKO..
Whatever happened to the 1/32 model kit and new product update in 1/32??
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:10 am

well he tries to post it but keeps nodding off every time he does..

**yaawn**

:P
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Timbo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Timbo » Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:54 am

I'm optimistic that the new repaint to be announced will be the long overdue P-40 Flying Tigers update.

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:15 pm

tko211 wrote:Here are some answers...

A: Just a little too early for that right now. On Christmas day a new Special Edition Repaint on an older bird will be announced.

A: I doubt that it would be too hard. But I have not heard one way or another on that plane.

A: Ah, jets... Ya know WWII will ALWAYS be a subject that favorite to most, however I think the success of the F-104 led to the development of the F-86 and the MiG-15... Is there a future in jets? Most likely.

Not sure.

The F-4 would be HUGE to make and to box! I would LOVE to see one. I have begged for one in the past with now luck so far so perhaps it is too big to make for the moment?... I suspect that might the case.

The next 2 schemes do not have any changes in the mold or it's offerings. I like the idea though! Might just have to borrow that one from you!

YES for sure! WM sales do effect the ability to sell larger planes with higher price points! GO BUY AVENGERS!!!! that will be the quickest way for us to get larger birds. If WM sees a solid trend they will put pressure on 21st to make something else cool and big! WM pressure means that WM will write a big order to fund another big project!

You bet! TRU could use some military toy help!

Merry Christmas to you too my friend!
Hey TKO, your post states "answers" but all I see is your opinions. Might want to relabel your post. :wink:
I searched and searched but didnt find one solid answer in any of that! :wink: Dont take it the wrong way, I appreciate you posting pictures on the 21st website and actually posting something noteworthy once in awhile like the nightfighter Me-262. I guess 21st was willing to give you a bone on that tid bit seeing how they were trying to impact Admiral's sales of an Me-262 already on the street. Gotta love the competition! :lol:

tko211

Post by tko211 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:00 pm

You read it right! I do have answers but I am under orders for the moment not to talk about any specifics. Sorry, orders are orders. More bones will be thrown via AREA-21 in the next couple months. In fact a whole new Special Edition repaint will be announced tomorrow. This article will unveil the paint scheme, plane, and even show box art.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:13 pm

Hey TKO

Since you have one of the Flight 19 Avengers in your possession, could you fill me in with some of the details of the paintjob? These are some funny questions, but given that we have yet to see pictures of the finished product...

Are the main landing gear moulded/painted in the same blue color as the rest of the plane? What about the wheel well interior?

Are the inside of the bombay doors and the "roof" of the bombay painted in the interior green color as on the "Atlantic" Avenger?

Is the blue color more flat or shiny?

Finally - and most critical - will there be screw covers and tightened wing joints?

I am very tempted to order one, and it was the aircraft I origionally preorded at BCA, but then cancelled :wink:

Thanks for your help!
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

tko211

Post by tko211 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:17 pm

I do have a Flight 19 pre factory paint sample. Mine is number 36.

My review and answers!

1. main gear are dark blue/gray like the rest of the plane. The interior wells on my sample are also the blue color

2. bomb bay doors and interior is olive green

3. crew / deck / pilot interiors are all olive as well

4. The Blue is very cool. I really like it. It is Dark blue/gray in color. It is not shiny at all. Very flat in fact.

5. It has the full set of screw covers.

6. Stencils! It has MANY I count 40 areas in all. no step, step, fuel, hand holds, tie downs, service panels, you name it! All in white and a couple in red.

7. I can't say too much about the quality of any wing joints as far as this example. This plane has been through the ringer at 21c development and shipping and my house, and the fact that this is NOT a production sample but a test paint sample. In short it's functionally very beat up. I have no reason to believe that the finished versions will be very different functionally than it's atlantic brother. Mine is not fit nor intended to be judged in that area at all.

8. It's a great looking beast. The color is neat in person!

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:47 pm

TKO, I see that 21st Century Toys has re-released 2 planes already, is there any plan to re-release,

Spitfire, or modify it into a late-war Spit
Cobra Heli
Huey Heli
Panther
Panzer IV (Hopefully not rc, and with shurtzen)

Any news on the ME-262's?

And where is that Hanomag with Pak-40?

Thanks for your time

tko211

Post by tko211 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:01 am

Spitfires, I am certain that we will see something. 21c has mentioned it in passing. Nothing concrete yet but I would say that it is likely!

Helos... Doubtful. Focus is on other projects I believe. Perhaps in the future?

Panther? I have no idea. I would welcome and get one for sure though.

Panzer IV a MUST! I would rather see another re-release of this than any other tank. way too few made for that mold.

Pak-40 Hano... it does exisit, we will see it when? I don't know I would have thought we would have seen it by now.