Admiral Toys Information Q&A (Jason)

Ask Questions & Chat with representatives of the small scale companies!
Sabrefan
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Sabrefan » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:40 pm

Jason, any more news on when the German version of the F-86 Sabre will be out? Thanks. :D
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:55 pm

Jason, I do like moving control surfaces because I think it adds to the realism but they are obviously not a deal breaker as I have bought numerous planes that don't have moveable control surfaces.
Thanks,
Todd

vulgarvulture
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by vulgarvulture » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:48 am

"Would you accept an A-10 that does not have the moving surfaces, why or why not?"

I'm late in replying to Jason's question:

I would gladly accept a F-4, or an A-10, with no moving control surfaces.

True, I like knowing that many of my planes do have moving control surfaces, but the fact of the matter is once I hang a plane, moving control surfaces become inrelevant. BBI's F-18 and F-16 are perfect examples of planes I'm very happy to own despite the lack of moving parts.

Thanks for asking the question. I look forward to future releases from Admiral, moving control surfaces or not.

[/quote]

Dubar1
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Dubar1 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:09 pm

How hard would it be to make the control surfaces not hinged, but with the ability of the owner to cut them off and hinge them??? Even cutting them off, make slots in the previously joined surfaces, and put a solid thin piece of hinge material in the slots?

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:22 pm

HA JASON!
you make an A-10 & a F-4E in 1/18 :D and i don't care about moving control surfaces on them.
the only problem i have with BBi F-18 is exaust cans but even that didn't stop me from buying 4 of them :shock:

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:32 pm

I'm not advocating an Admiral Toys A-10 or F-4 any way or the other, however I thought I'd add my opinion regarding moving control surfaces...

I share the opinion that moving control surfaces are not exactly necessary. Now, I do like them - it's cool having my XD F-104 displayed in a banking turn with the aeilerons in the correct positons, or the AT F-86 in landing configuration - but they are not necessary for the model to look good. Then there is also the possibility that some of the surface hinges could become loose (like the BBI corsair flaps) and then they do not look good when displayed, especially if it were a large plane.

Ultimately, I leave it up to the manufacturer to decide what to do. If it is a really neat looking aircraft and well detailed, then I stand a chance of purchasing it, with or without moving control surfaces.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:38 pm

I must say I love the extra detail that has been currently put into the new aircraft being produced. Moveable control surfaces are a great addition to a models detail. I would not want to sacrifice it just to save 5 bucks on a $40 dollar plane. I would however not mind the lack of control surfaces if it meant we could get a larger scale plane built. If loosing these details would mean that a B-25 might be able to be produced for around $100 or so then I say great. I can do some of my own customization if I deem it necessary but let’s not go back to the old days of less detail. I would actually like to see more detail in the future especially in the smaller aircraft. Maybe someday we could actually pull the hood panels off our P-51s to reveal a complete motor. Now that would be nice to see. :wink:

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:17 pm

Hey Jason,

If it means new aircraft, then I dont care about moving control surfaces.
Bring'em on and I'll buy them! :D

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:03 pm

i agree.
if you make the airframes Jason, we can detail them.
more planes :wink: please?

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:24 pm

I think that's the big picture. Alot of people are willing to spend more money for more bells and whistles, but alot are not. So, if those who are willing to spend alot of money would still buy the plane without all the goodies - that right there says leave them off. Sell more bids, I say!

Jason,

You'll have to excuse if you've already answered this, but is your company considering ever getting into the 1/18 armor/land vehicle market?

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:23 pm

Thank you all for the responses. I am up to my neck with work tonight, but will get back to you tomorrow with my replies.

Here is a word of warning for all those who preorder from retailers.

As you know the Patricia II is only a 500 world wide release. Our retailers do not know how many they will receive at this time. Soon, we will be taking retailer’s orders . We already know the numbers ordered by retailers will have to be prorated. This will allow each retailer to get a couple of Patricia’s if they so choose to order.

I will inform you of when retailers know the numbers they are receiving.

Thank you again,
Jason

Jolly Roger
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jolly Roger » Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:53 pm

i missed the time for the A-10, 14 stuff heres my two cents

make it as good as BBI did with the 16 and 18, BUT make the front
gear able to turn, i think its one thing i hate about them the most

control services just limp out over time, so i def dont care about thoose
landing gear, cockpit, and front gear are my biggest concerns, besides true scale lol
Still withering away from the A-10 Hunger Striker.

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:27 am

For all of you “olive branch hopefuls,” I personally contacted 21st, on my own dime, and we have spoken. But they are a very busy company with their upcoming releases, and I totally understand.

I hope that 21st and Admiral Toys Incorporated might be able to work out a production schedule, but that is yet to be determined.

I hate to say “wait and see” but that is the status of our communications. My next call is to BBI. 21st and I have talked; however, the BBI call has not been made.

I will keep you posted.

Regards,
Jason

Dubar1
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Dubar1 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:36 am

Jason,
Thanks for taking the time to answer all our questions.

I dabble in 1/18 and 1/6 scale WW2. I also dabble in HO and O scale trains. The "brand loyalty" issues are similar in the 2 genres (action figures and trains).

Seems like 1/6 and O scale folks are very brand loyal whereas 1/18 and HO folks are looking for compatability among the brands. Very few shouting matches on the 1/18 and HO fourms compared to the 1/6 and O scale forums.

Your efforts to contact the other 2 primary 1/18 makers is great to hear. There's plenty of room for everybody and enough stuff to keep from duplicating efforts.

Bravo Zulu to you!!!

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:12 am

Jason,

My hat is off to you. Thank you for taking the time and effort to contact the other companies. If a somewhat cooperative relationship among the manufacturers is spawned I think our hobby will grow. Your efforts for our hobby are deeply appreciated.

Thanks again. :D 8)

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:41 pm

I only hope good things can come out of you and 21C talking with each other. Not necessarily for us collectors, but for your companies. For if your companies are doing well, that just makes things harder for us collectors.

Keep up the good work!

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:00 pm

Dear fellow enthusiasts,

I can finally say that the new Silver Version, which is just waiting for you to adorn her with your mad skills, is ready for preorder. I have set aside a sufficient number of the aircraft to fill the interest of those on this website. However, I do not know many of your “real” names. Therefore, if you do not want to miss out on the order I would recommend that you go to our website and place an order.

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT: You have the option to place an order without being charged until they are shipped to you. Just click the “preorder credit card payment.” I know this is not ground breaking news, but you would be shocked by the phone calls we receive when people do not choose this option.

They were shipped on the 9th of June and should arrive in our warehouse in one week. So the wait will not be long if you preorder this week. The 100 number of production is incorrect. The actual number of Silver Versions being sold by Admiral Toys Incorporated will be 98. I used two for various tests and demolition. Half are already sold, so get to it! (I feel like I should say: MONDAY! MONDAY! MONDAY!, sorry if some of you do not get that reference, it might be a southern thing)

Also on the Admiral Toys’ website are new photos of the 500 Limited Releases, Patricia II. I know at first glance the aircraft looks familiar, and it should. But limiting the production to 500 worldwide makes this airplane something special. It IS NOT ready for preorder. We want to talk with all of our retailers before offering them to you.

The German Luftwaffe CL-13 is also on the site. New photos were taken to give you a sneak peak at this beautiful aircraft. The CL-13 IS NOT ready for preorder. Production will end next week and when we know they are on the boat we will open the link for orders.

For you 1:72 scale guys and gals, the new Panzer IIIH is up on our website. Preorders will start when they are on the boat. They will be finished with production next week and on the boat soon after. Keep your eyes on our site for further information.

The Panzer IIILs will be in our warehouse next week and sent to our retailers as soon as possible. They were put on a boat on the 9th of June.

Ironically the ME 262 is on an airplane this very moment. We will have complete photos of this aircraft for your viewing early next week.

Thank you all for your input on moving verses nonmoving parts in larger aircraft. Reading what you post really does help manufacturers make better decisions. After all, we are making these models for you, why shouldn’t we listen?

Dubar1, (answer to your question on page eighteen) I like the way you think. We have considered this possibility. The problem with this proposal comes down to toy regulation. We take the model out of our sellable age group when you involve cutting. The ABS plastic that would be used on a large model must be very thick and sturdy. Cutting such plastic is not the easiest of tasks for a child 8 and over. Plus if you look at the modifications people are making to the models already out there you will see that this is already being practiced. Many on this site have done some pretty phenomenal mods to the models.

Morian Miner, yes Admiral Toys Incorporated is considering getting into armor. Our plate is pretty full of production at this time; however, in the future you just might see some scales of armor different from our 1:72 scale line.

Sorry for the long post, I have not been around lately.
Regards,
Jason

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:29 pm

thanx jason for all the facts
i want to know if the fed paint numbers will be avalible for the German Cl-13, F-86/?
i want to do Hartmanns JA-344, 71 Richthofen @ Ahlhorn that i have about 50 pix of, i don't want to do an all over repaint just finish where you all left off.
thanx again Jason, have a great day :D

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:35 pm

Jason,

I really like the different colored silver panels on the Patricia II F-86. Much better the the Jolly Roger. You guys learn fast and it is very much appriciated. I can't wait to get my hands on that Me-262.

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

Dubar1
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Dubar1 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:32 pm

Thanks for the feedback Jason!!! Like the rest, I'm anxiously waiting for the ME-262 to arrive. Where will be the best place to purchase it???

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:38 pm

Thanks for the updates Jason. I am really looking forward to getting the German CL-13 Sabre. It looks awesome in the new pictures you posted! :D
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:02 pm

Well, my "Hi-Ho" Silver F86 is on preorder. Gonna be a tough call if I leave that plane as is, or go with the ETAF like I planned.

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:35 pm

KAGNEW, Unfortunately I use Pantone paint codes when specifying our colors. I can get you the codes later after I look them up. Then you will have to compare them to FS or I am sure there is a place that shows the corresponding code.

By the way you are encouraged to do Hartmann's plane. But I will tell you that you will see that same airplane in limited numbers manufactured by Admiral Toys this fall. :shock: 8)

Kamikaze, thank you for the compliment. I think the photos look great, but you have to see this paint job in person!! It really does look better!! The paint used captures light at different angles. Looking from this angle, nothing, that angle... something... another angle and... pop there is contrast. Makes it look like a real airplane.

Dubar1, you can always purchase our models from our website or use one of the great retailers in our links section or anywhere else you can find them. They will not be on a shelf of one of the major mass-retailers. We are trying to give the small guys a chance in this market. Mass-retail has put a lot of good honest people out of business.

Sabrefan, thank you so much, I knew I could count on you for one of the German Sabres. You will not be disapointed :!:

Morian Miner, get TWO!! :D I was told by our sales department that we received one of the orders that I placed aside. Thank you for your order!

Regards,
Jason