Admiral Toys Information Q&A (Jason)

Ask Questions & Chat with representatives of the small scale companies!
Birddog
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Birddog » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:14 pm

You have my orders, my cash, and my full support. Admiral's respect and service to the fans and collectors is what makes them Number One anyday. Ya'll are the Innovators of this hobby.
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:19 pm

Jason, put me down for a couple of your F-4 models. One for me, and one for a friend of mine who flew F-4s in the Marine Corps. It will be a great looking model for sure. :D
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:14 pm

I join my fellow enthusiasts here my experiences with Admiral have always been great so you have my money and support as well.
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

JoeS
Corporal
Corporal

Post by JoeS » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:42 am

You've got my vote Jason, I like the look of your F-4, thank you for producing this aircraft. Also looking forward to the Skyraider and all the schemes for that as well as the Dauntless. I have to admit I didn't buy the 262, as I'm more modern jets person.

But most of all your smoker is the one I will be investing in as well as the variants. Please don't lose heart as you have a loyal fan base here.

Joe.

Black_Dragon_One

f4

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:16 am

i am for one too...
whats up doc....

tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by tkjaer21 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:16 am

You know that I am getting this DUFF from AT.

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:51 pm

Admiral, after all that has happened with 21stCT, I suggest, (Not like I am in any position to suggest anything, but anyway :wink: ) make your next aircraft something obscure, like the Do-335, or Ho-229.

Another idea is, make a Mil Mi-24! as I understand, 21stCT has quit helicopters, so there is less duplicate worry, and you can finally break the no Russian barrier. I dont consider 21stCT's Mig-15 breaking the Russian barrier, since it was done to compliment their Sabre, in Korean and Chinese colors.
[img39]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/QueenofSky/BirdFlu.gif[/img39] [img39]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Acherontia_lachesis.jpg/200px-Acherontia_lachesis.jpg[/img39]

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:55 pm

I think a better strategy is to just keep quiet, say no more than we expect to release something fantastic on or around this date. That way the enemy can't anticipate your move. Always keep the element of surprise on your side.
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:58 pm

I agree Jericoe, mum might be the best word from now on. :(
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

EnemyAce
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by EnemyAce » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:19 pm

Well, i warned Admiral after the 262 incident not to release any info about new releases until the product is "on the boat," so this doesn't really surprise me.

Remember, 21st *is* Walmart now, so expect them to follow the same business practices! Identify the competition, undercut their prices, and force them out of business by using your overall sales (or guaranteed shelf space contract) to use their product line as a loss leader. Happened all across america.

Shin Densetsu
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Shin Densetsu » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:22 pm

Jericoeagle1 wrote:I think a better strategy is to just keep quiet, say no more than we expect to release something fantastic on or around this date. That way the enemy can't anticipate your move. Always keep the element of surprise on your side.
Yes but is that what we really want? A lot of us were glad that Jason tends to chime in more than any other company associated person. We see him more often than Mike from BBI(not knocking you Mike, we miss you!), and thats something I think we all like.

The key to success is adaptation and I have no doubt AT is already adapting. Perhaps they will have multiple aircraft in development at one time, so in the case of an overlap with another company, they have other models as backup.
Shin's wishlist for 1/18 and 1/32 with retractable landing gear and more:

F-14 Tomcat, F-8 Crusader, A-4 Skyhawk, F-105 Thunderchief, A-6 Intruder, F-15C, F-15E Strike Eagle

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:32 pm

Shin Densetsu wrote:
Jericoeagle1 wrote:I think a better strategy is to just keep quiet, say no more than we expect to release something fantastic on or around this date. That way the enemy can't anticipate your move. Always keep the element of surprise on your side.
Yes but is that what we really want? A lot of us were glad that Jason tends to chime in more than any other company associated person. We see him more often than Mike from BBI(not knocking you Mike, we miss you!), and thats something I think we all like.

The key to success is adaptation and I have no doubt AT is already adapting. Perhaps they will have multiple aircraft in development at one time, so in the case of an overlap with another company, they have other models as backup.
I see your point but I think Jason is a good communicator and just being there to say Hi and tell us they are doing things would be good enough for me. Maybe in time when they are more competitve communication can be loosened but I think if companies want to play hardball then so be it.

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:42 pm

Toy Fair was a very successful showing and a great time. I thought you might like to see a photo of the new aircraft that made a showing at toy fair. When the team gets back to Dallas with the models we will do a formal photo shoot of all the models and post them on our site.

Regards,
Jason

MIGMADMAVIS
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by MIGMADMAVIS » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:44 pm

Wow, they all look fantastic!!!! Great Job
Great Traders List:

hworth18
raiderad16
razor17019
momaw nadon
jmd250
kimtheredxd

Shin Densetsu
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Shin Densetsu » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:45 pm

Beautiful!
The hartman Sabre is a shock to me, I am thinking about buying one. Never knew he had a plane in that scheme before.

The Skyraider is a beaut! Flight of the Intruder scene recreation here I come!(I hear the book was way better than the movie but I think people often overlook the sandy's parts in that movie, pure bliss for any spad lover).

Add to the fact that its a MIG killer too. HECK YES!
Shin's wishlist for 1/18 and 1/32 with retractable landing gear and more:

F-14 Tomcat, F-8 Crusader, A-4 Skyhawk, F-105 Thunderchief, A-6 Intruder, F-15C, F-15E Strike Eagle

MIGMADMAVIS
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by MIGMADMAVIS » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:47 pm

Gosh I cant wait for that Dauntless, It looks awesome!!!!
Great Traders List:

hworth18
raiderad16
razor17019
momaw nadon
jmd250
kimtheredxd

cocimitch

Post by cocimitch » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:54 pm

Hi Jason

You guys put out an Awesome product!

On the Dauntless it seems as though the landing gear are short and the wheels too big...not sure though.
I think landing gear is important to get right because if not, it throws everything off. Can you comment on this?

Thanks

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:10 pm

Dear cocimitch,

I understand your question and this is not the first time it has been mentioned. I will post some photos of the model next week comparing the landing gear to various photos of the 1:1 aircraft.

I think what is being overlooked is the fact that most of the photos available for comparison are those of museum or airshow aircraft that are not in the configuration of battle. The weight of the bombs and a full tank of gas had an effect on the height an aircraft sits. I am not making excuses, but I think the aircraft looks correct for what it is: a fully loaded SBD with ordinance and fuel ready for the battle of Midway. Strut compression occurred when the SBD was in this configuration.

The problem with criticism in this area is that the Dauntless is deep into tooling and this is not an easy fix if the community is displeased with the model. The entire wing section will have to be retooled. It is not as simple as lengthening the struts or making the wheels smaller. Everything is in conjunction with the rest of the aircraft.

I love the way the SBD looks and I hope you will agree after seeing better photos taken by a professional.

Regards,
Jason

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:17 pm

Its a compromise if you look at the P-47 from 21st they had to deal with the same thing. A fully loaded P-47 compressed the struts quite a bit while in the air they fully extended. What to do? How are you going to get them in the wells. In some cases you just can't compromise.

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:24 pm

I am looking forward to seeing the finished SDB Dauntless model. I have a strong feeling Jason got it right. I will have a few of those babes. :D
Paul Hebert

cocimitch

Post by cocimitch » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:24 pm

Not criticizing at all - on the contrary, I've got one on preorder and will end up getting more :) Have to expand my air force
Excellent explanation, makes sense.

Thanks Jason
Mitch

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:30 pm

It's SBD Dauntless, man I can't type. :D :D
Paul Hebert

Rogue
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Rogue » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:06 am

Jericoeagle1 wrote:Its a compromise if you look at the P-47 from 21st they had to deal with the same thing. A fully loaded P-47 compressed the struts quite a bit while in the air they fully extended. What to do? How are you going to get them in the wells. In some cases you just can't compromise.
Actually P-47 gear compress quite a bit on retraction.
Its hard to see without putting it on jacks and doing a gear swing.
Toy Mfg don't have that ability, so they have to compromise.
Sometimes its invisible, somtimes it looks funny like the P-47.

cocimitch

Post by cocimitch » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:14 am

I think AT should go for something that has never been done yet...a biplane. PT17 Stearman has many many different paint possibilites, a HUGE following and would look impressive. Then you go back to WWI, and BAM!