Admiral Toys Information Q&A (Jason)

Ask Questions & Chat with representatives of the small scale companies!
VMF115
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by VMF115 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:41 am

Welcome back Jason

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:52 am

Quixote511 wrote: And if you are planning to do the Dayton Airshow this year---my steak dinner offer is still good.
We will be attending the Dayton Airshow. I am not sure what new products will be there, but it would be great to put faces to the names on this board. If you stop by the booth and ask for me I can guarantee a great price on some of our models.

When am I going to be in Dayton? :? I have forgotten the dates of our events this summer. I should probably look this up. :oops:

Regards,
Jason

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:58 am

Jason how is that new plant comeing along?

Jason of Admiral Toys wrote:
Quixote511 wrote: And if you are planning to do the Dayton Airshow this year---my steak dinner offer is still good.
We will be attending the Dayton Airshow. I am not sure what new products will be there, but it would be great to put faces to the names on this board. If you stop by the booth and ask for me I can guarantee a great price on some of our models.

When am I going to be in Dayton? :? I have forgotten the dates of our events this summer. I should probably look this up. :oops:

Regards,
Jason
I wish I could be there also. I would very much liek to put the faces with the names my self.

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:15 am

Regards,
Jason
WOW, if you’re going to be there this year i will be going for sure. I would love to finaly meet some of the people that actually make these great models. I'll bring some cash too. :wink:

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:15 am

VMF115 wrote:Jason how is that new plant comeing along?
The new facility is going to be doing some pretty cool things for us this year. I hope that they will be available this fall. What they are working on is a new “model(s)” that have never been done before. I think they will go over pretty well. Only time will tell. But I can say that they will be pretty limited because they are individually made by hand castings and airbrushed. Yes, they are in 1:18 scale. This is all I can say at this time.

Regards,
Jason

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:24 am

Hi Jason, any news on the Hatmann CL-13 Sabre? Thanks. :D
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:39 am

VMF115 wrote:Jason how is that new plant comeing along?
The new facility is going to be doing some pretty cool things for us this year. I hope that they will be available this fall. What they are working on is a new “model(s)” that have never been done before. I think they will go over pretty well. Only time will tell. But I can say that they will be pretty limited because they are individually made by hand castings and airbrushed. Yes, they are in 1:18 scale. This is all I can say at this time.

Regards,
Jason
are they high priced over $200
If they are over 500 dollars maybe but if over 1000.
and I will not be able to get one.

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:55 am

VMF115 wrote:
Jason of Admiral Toys wrote: The new facility is going to be doing some pretty cool things for us this year. I hope that they will be available this fall. What they are working on is a new “model(s)” that have never been done before. I think they will go over pretty well. Only time will tell. But I can say that they will be pretty limited because they are individually made by hand castings and airbrushed. Yes, they are in 1:18 scale. This is all I can say at this time.

Regards,
Jason
are they high priced over $200
Should be well under $100.

tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by tkjaer21 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:18 pm

Jason, it is good to have you back. I am very pleased with your customer service. I e-mailed your company about a month ago (you must have been on vacation during that time) on a replacement wing for the Jolley Rogers F-86. Not only did I get a very quick responce, I received the wing in 2 days. Long live Admiral Toys! I can't wait for the Dauntless. I am liking the Skyraider and Phantom II a whole bunch for VN as well.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:26 pm

VMF115 wrote: are they high priced over $200
Should be well under $100.
under a 100 WOW sign me up for a few!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now that is faith, I dont even know what it is :lol:

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:52 pm

Dayton air show is July 28/29
Phabulous Phantoms Phorever rule the sky
and Starfighters Rule the Stars

http://WWW.Panda-Hobby.COM

USCGSARdog
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by USCGSARdog » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:56 pm

VMF115 wrote: under a 100 WOW sign me up for a few!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now that is faith, I dont even know what it is :lol:
True, but with Admiral's track record I think thats a pretty safe gamble. I can't wait to see what they have in store!

-Rob

Black Lion VF-213
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Black Lion VF-213 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:38 pm

Jason,

That's great news about a new facility and new hand made products. Considering how well detailed and constructed your products are and especially the quality of attention to paint, I pray that Admiral Toys will be the first company to launch the F-14, F-15, A-10, and possibly new and better re-releases of the F-16 and F-18 all above with actual moving flight surfaces. Knowing you're sticking with the Phantom, and the confidence it and the Dauntless will sell very well, I feel that you will have set the bar high enough to give you a clear runway to launch the aforementioned A-list modern airplanes.

I don't know what anyone else thinks about this but I fear that a Tomcat released by 21st or BBI may not have the nice glossy paint finishes necessary to do justice to the high visibility markings on those birds that really give the Navy's former prized fighter its attention grabbing appeal.

Off track: Alot of us here would love to see you make the modern jets and more Vietnam.

To all,

Ya know I was just thinking that nobody has (at least from what I've read through the threads) has asked the makers to make a F-101 Voodoo. I've always loved to look of that plane, even though it's not a great plane, I think it's look is unique and eye catching. What do y'all think about Voodoo?

Sorry I've typed alot and maybe bored some of y'all. :oops: I was a communications major in college (although not a great student of writing) and can type 60 WPM so sometimes I get carried away. As for the use of "y'all", I'm originally a Texas farm boy so I carry a license to use that word as correct grammar. :P

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:07 pm

Regards,
Jason
Hey Jason, I guess you can sign me up to for the special. If you ever are down here in New Orleans I will let you buy ME a steak dinner. :wink: I will take a couple of the specials as long they don't envolve quad 50s on a trailer. :? :evil:
Matthew
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:21 pm

Well, the offer was my treat pickle---let me know if you get up this way and I coauld treat you to a Miamisburg specialty----Hamburger Wagon!
Aaron

My pathetic fantasy football team:

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1804/polocksia2.jpg[/img][/url]

Plane Nuts
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Plane Nuts » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:10 pm

Jason: I would be really interested in your planned event schedule. I've never seen how you guys display at a show...That and I need to start getting out to more airshows!

pokeyjtc
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pokeyjtc » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:26 pm

Glad your back, Jason. I am excited to hear about the new stuff. Sorry I missed you at the Galveston airshow. Did you ever make through the I-45 construction traffic on Saturday? Hopefully, I'll see you at Wings over Houston this fall.

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:15 pm

Welcome back Jason! Great to hear from you guys at Admiral. News and info has been sparse on all fronts as of late and been a real bummer. Your return brings new hope to this avid 1:18 collector!
I'll take two of those hand painted gems, especially once I know what they are! :wink:

ChairmanMilo
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by ChairmanMilo » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:01 pm

Thank you for the news update, Jason. Just wanted to let you know on behalf of small-scale tank collectors we thank you for making such highly detailed, rarely produced tank models and for continuing to build 'em even after having to switch over to a different manufacturing process.

I look forward to seeing new releases over the next half a year.

boyx30
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by boyx30 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:25 pm

Hello Jason,

Sorry the dream job seems like a real job now but thats why they call it work and not play...?.....so we know the difference and the reasons why we do it...typically for the support of the family, household or life in general....I hope you were able to appreciate your down time with your wife and truely enjoy those moments for all they are worth...I know sometimes it's hard to let go and relax into a true vacation...but...you get my point....hang in there buddy! we all really appreciate your time here and what you do for us.

I was recently layed off (first time in 23 years, "title insurance")...but I kept the faith and after 6 days a job found me!!!!.......so believe me I really appreciate what I do have each and every day.

Jason, keep making those great planes and we'll keep you employed and happy too!

Boyx30

sluff
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by sluff » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:22 pm

Jason, any future plans for your product to be available in retail stores? Shipping rates are beginning to take their toll.

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:23 pm

Hi Jason,

Is the Skyraider grounded? I have not heard anything on that project in some time. I hope you are still going to make it.
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by tkjaer21 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:33 pm

I think that both the Skyraider and Phantom II are in the works. They are delayed a little bit since the new production plant has been purchased in China.

Spudkopf
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Spudkopf » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:40 pm

G'day Jason

Welcome back and thanks for the hints about the new products, your frequent visits have been sorely missed.

If you ever do get the chance to come down here to the bottom end of the world, I will gladly put you up for some nights and even bake you some Kangaroo or do a BBQ, both with plenty of cold beer to wash it all down. Australia after all must be about two thirds closer to the US than China is?

As for having to travel the 8000 miles, well to be honest I think I could cope with that if it meant I could devote all my artistic talents solely in your line of work, as this has always been my dream job, so the travel aspect would be something I think I would gladly put up with, far better than sitting behind a desk 5 days a week doing a lot of stuff that I do not enjoy, but in the end I got to pay the bills some how.

Anyway I as do the others look forward to all your up and coming products, but especially the Spad, this product on it’s own has switched my current collecting focus almost entirely to the Vietnam era, while I have also developed an almost unhealthy desire to learn as much as I can about this period of history, my resource library has now grown from but a few titles to something far more respectable.

Unlike Black Lion VF-213 my typing skill is more like 60 minutes per word but it makes the day go quicker :wink:
SPUD

Something's up with photobucket?????

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:47 pm

I have a warning for all of you heading to Dayton to see us. We may not be in Dayton. I might be at Oshkosh instead. There is a conflict in schedules. I will let you know when we make a decision.

If we go to either, we will bring the F-4, Skyraider and the new F-86 paint schemes. I am not saying they are production versions ready to be released. They would be the preproduction versions that you can hold and get a feel for the size of these beasts. The SBD is not on this list because it was torn to pieces for tooling. This is a good sign for you SBD fans.

DO NOT ASK ME FOR A RELEASE DATE FOR THE SBD. I am not saying anything on public forums about release dates until I have a very, very good idea of time.

Hope all is well with the members of this forum. I will be back soon.

Regards,
Jason

Post Script
If any of you are in the North Dallas area the weekend after the 4th of July, you are welcome to come to the Admiral Toys Incorporated annual 4th of July extravaganza! I know that one of your crew might make it, but I wanted to open the invite to the rest of you Texans and members. We swim, play volleyball, “party” and then blow up a lot of fireworks at 12 launching stations spread over 5 acres. It is a sight to behold. We also blow up a model or two. I really should post some of those videos.

RSVP by sending me an email at [email protected] if you are going to make it. In the subject line put "Admiral Toy's Party." This way it will not be deleted by the kids (old enough to work) that we have working for us.

And if you make it Spudkopf, I will definitely put you up for a couple of nights and you are hands down the winner of the most devoted partier award! By the way, my wife and I might make it to Australia early next year. I will look you up.