21st Century Toys 1:18 Information Q&A (Area-21 Pres)

Ask Questions & Chat with representatives of the small scale companies!
tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by tkjaer21 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:58 am

The Hellcat, the King Tiger, and other 1:144 new planes would be a great sign. I hope so.

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:35 pm

ok, i dont know how this works, but i need some spare 1:18 fw-190 blue 12 wings from 21st, how would this be possible?
michael
[email protected]

digger
Officer - Brigadier General

?

Post by digger » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:00 pm

What did you do to your wings? I know this plane only went to WM so I doubt those are pieces that are lying around at 21st..
Have you tried contacting 21st directly?
It is a little concerning that all the DFTS threads have turned into customer service outlets...it seems to drive away the "source" itself and was never the purpose of the forum. You'll notice a lot less of bbi Mike now that he has been presented with any and all individual QC issues...

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:12 pm

It's not like Mike gave any information anyway,
All he says is wait and see. :lol:

TKO, im just curious, what is more profitable for 21st Century Toys, 1/32 or 1/18?
[img39]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/QueenofSky/BirdFlu.gif[/img39] [img39]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Acherontia_lachesis.jpg/200px-Acherontia_lachesis.jpg[/img39]

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Re: ?

Post by catman » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:00 pm

digger wrote:What did you do to your wings? I know this plane only went to WM so I doubt those are pieces that are lying around at 21st..
It is a little concerning that all the DFTS threads have turned into customer service outlets...it seems to drive away the "source" itself and was never the purpose of the forum. You'll notice a lot less of bbi Mike now that he has been presented with any and all individual QC issues...
Well I sold the wulfe on ebay, sealed, MIB, and the guy found his landing gear broken on both sides :oops:
Now either I get him new ones or its my ass..
I sent an email to 21st, but, like all my previous emails to them, no response. Quite horrible service actually. I saw the Admiral Toys thread and how VMF got his fusilage and other stuff, I thought I could do the same, but tko works on the website so I didn't know..

digger

ebay?

Post by digger » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:15 pm

Um...so your ebay sale gone bad is the impetus for this request? Good luck.. :roll:
I think a refund may be your best route. Goes to show selling a $40 plane for $50 is often not worth the effort and fees, but that's for another thread altogether..

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:38 pm

well its not like im doing this for profit..
i bought this like 3 months agfo for my personal collection and am now getting rid of it, plus the last one sold for like 70
plus, its a manufactorers responsibility to satisfy the customer of their product, weather it is bought online or in the store. plus, i dont want to except a refund as he had opened the item and assmbled partially the plane, if i was going to accept it it should be a %75 back or something

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:14 pm

Catman, are you sure your buyer didn’t break the dang gear himself? Let me tell you, when I got my first got one I accidentally put too much pressure on the gear when putting it together. Both front gears snapped like a twig. They are very weak. Either it was opened prior to your purchasing it or broken later on. I find it a bit odd that both would be broken while retracted in the wing from the factory. Not that it can’t happen, it just seems odd. In the end it’s your word against his I guess. You should probably just refund his money after he sends it back. He will probably still leave you bad feedback. It’s a loose, loose situation when something like that happens. Good luck with it.

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:25 pm

He left good FB before he opened it to inspect, I havent left yet. And no, Im not going to refund all of his money

OK
I have a box that this thing BARELY fit into. I mean there was no room for NOTHING. Nothing could possibly break. Now he claims the fuselage was broken, the Canopy cracked twice, the proppeller loose, wont spin, snapped landing gear(yeah right, they are folded into the wings which are dug deep into the plastic base which are in a factory sealed box, in turn in a custom fit corrugated cardbox package. if it broke, he did it) now i know none of this was amiss when i had it, and the shipping didnt do anything to it. so either hes lying or its not my fault. It clearly states in my return policy that if the item is un-opened and unused, a refund will be given for the item price. Now, I paid 45 with tax for this. MIB. Im not going to give him FIFTY, for the same plane back, better yet, out of the box and virtually ruined. it is my responsibility to make my customers happy.. if these means 21stC following AT and BBI-or at least responding- then that's what needs to happen. in case you are wondering, 320014115596

mediump
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by mediump » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:44 pm

Any word from the front TKO?
I'm looking forward to the pics of the new figures.
Thanks

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:15 am

...its a manufactorers responsibility to satisfy the customer of their product, weather it is bought online or in the store.
Actually you need to get real. 21C has 0 liablilty on a product you took out and displayed /played with and then repackaged and sold /shipped to another party. That bud, is your problem.

Your ebay listing should have addressed damage during shipping and you should have sent it insured. Why you guys ( generally) don't want to spend a extra buck or two on shipping to cover your end is beyond me.

I keep seeing and reading outlandish claims to the various manufactuers about broken parts that have nothing to do them, ie "my plane was on the kitchen table and my dog jumped on it and busted the wing, hey 21C I need a new wing pronto and for free"

The manufactuer response should be something like, "sorry to hear that, there is no lifetime replacement warranty on this toy, however we would be more than happy to sell you another plane. If however the product is out of production, we can direct you to other retailers that might have this item in stock"

The manufactuer will decide on each "case" presented to it's customer service, but people need to understand it's not a "right" to get free replacement parts and without a actual registered warranty program, the toy company doesn't have to do squat.

DH

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:22 am

catman wrote:He left good FB before he opened it to inspect, I havent left yet. And no, Im not going to refund all of his money

OK
I have a box that this thing BARELY fit into. I mean there was no room for NOTHING. Nothing could possibly break. Now he claims the fuselage was broken, the Canopy cracked twice, the proppeller loose, wont spin, snapped landing gear(yeah right, they are folded into the wings which are dug deep into the plastic base which are in a factory sealed box, in turn in a custom fit corrugated cardbox package. if it broke, he did it) now i know none of this was amiss when i had it, and the shipping didnt do anything to it. so either hes lying or its not my fault. It clearly states in my return policy that if the item is un-opened and unused, a refund will be given for the item price. Now, I paid 45 with tax for this. MIB. Im not going to give him FIFTY, for the same plane back, better yet, out of the box and virtually ruined. it is my responsibility to make my customers happy.. if these means 21stC following AT and BBI-or at least responding- then that's what needs to happen. in case you are wondering, 320014115596
Dude, it's not 21c responsibility to "bail" you out on your auction. If it were their fault then you should have noticed the plane was beat before you sold it. As for refunding his money, that’s your call.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:55 am

digger wrote:What did you do to your wings? I know this plane only went to WM so I doubt those are pieces that are lying around at 21st..
Concerning Bbi I feel there is no customer service, as for admiral toys there quick resolve made me feel more confident in their products which I bought more products from them.
Customer service will make or brake a company, Rule number one in any retail bushiness never forget who your customer is.

If it’s giving information out about up new products or trying to resolve an issue with a defective or broken part whether you damaged it our not should be addressed and fixed.

In defense of catmen he should get a replacement part, However since he took it out of the box and played with it, he should pay for the replacement parts, even if he did not brake it. I am suspecting that the other guy broke it and now wants his refund, Buyer’s remorse.

Catman you should have insured it. It would have save you a lot of grief.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:06 am

Here is some information about the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/bus ... rranty.htm
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:19 pm

Catman,
The Walmart on Jones Maltsburger has a Black 12 Fw 190 if you are considering replacing your plane.

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:34 pm

catman, what does your Dad think you should do?

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:03 pm

thanks mark

my dad? im doing the business. he holds the account and the money. he doesnt even know whats going into the individual boxes. I KNOW there was nothing wrong with my plane, there is moreso of a chance the buyer is lying as per his descriptions. The canopy cracked in two places, back left wing gone, landing gear snapped, and machineguns disintegrated. Youd THINK id notice some of this for the three months ive had box, no?? I told him also he should invest in insurance, he declined. he is also lying, or at least exaggerating. The landing gear situation I was reluctant to believe, but hey, hes a customer. The line was drawn when he made those other claims. I gave him some info to 21ST, he can take it from there, because he goofed around with a previously mint, sealed, unopened box, and at this point it is his problem. He took this upon himself. Ill help him retrieve, but at this point that's just courtesy.

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:49 am

VMF115 wrote:
Concerning Bbi I feel there is no customer service, as for admiral toys there quick resolve made me feel more confident in their products which I bought more products from them.
Customer service will make or brake a company, Rule number one in any retail bushiness never forget who your customer is.

If it’s giving information out about up new products or trying to resolve an issue with a defective or broken part whether you damaged it our not should be addressed and fixed.

In defense of catmen he should get a replacement part, However since he took it out of the box and played with it, he should pay for the replacement parts, even if he did not brake it. I am suspecting that the other guy broke it and now wants his refund, Buyer’s remorse.

Catman you should have insured it. It would have save you a lot of grief.

I dont know what the deal is with BBI but "yes" their customer service does suck! They rarely EVER respond to any of my inquireies (or however you spell it) and they give me the same old line as Mike does and thats "wait and see".

:?
"You dont know the power of the darkside, it is your destiny" Lord Vader.

SGT. Saunders
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SGT. Saunders » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:38 pm

Any news on the figures?
There's only one way out of HELL! and that's through it!!

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:33 pm

TKO, looks like the MIG-15 is out is some areas, can the F-86 be far behind? :D
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:32 pm

The showing of the MiG-15 was about a 2 weeks sooner than I would have expected! Not that this is bad news... I think there is a really good chance we will see the S2 F-86 Sabre show up within the next week or so.

The S1 Huff scheme needed some last minute tweeks. So I know that the S2 was put in front of it on the production line.

Glad to see we are this close! Now I just have to go find me a MiG!

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:04 pm

Thanks for the updates! If I spot an F-86 at Wal Mart, I just may go for it. The Mig is what I'm really after. Apart from Raider's sighting, there haven't been many other reports so it would seem that the plane is not quite out yet - though I think TKO's timeframe will prove more-or-less accurate and we will be seeing these planes sometime in September.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:13 pm

The F-86 looks awesome. I will look far and wide to find that one. :D
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)