Admiral Toys Information Q&A (Jason)

Ask Questions & Chat with representatives of the small scale companies!
Sabrefan
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Sabrefan » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:15 am

YES YES YES thanks Jason for the Hartmann Sabre! :D
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

der Vogelfänger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Admiral Toys

Post by der Vogelfänger » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:10 pm

Jason,

This is truly EXCELLENT news for us Luftwaffe fans!

THANK YOU/DANKE SEHR,

dV
du doch nicht!
Kennst du mich noch?
Luftwaffe-a-holic!!!

Unsere Mannschaft muß einfach gewinnen, und
plötzlich, Weltmeister Zwanzigvierzehn! (WM2014)

Danke Jungs!!

boyx30
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by boyx30 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:18 pm

Hello Jason,

I get the feeling that you are getting to play out the ultimate childhood dream. To build toys that you would have wanted as a child (of course we call them a hobby now hehehe) So we are living the dream through too.

The ME-262 looks absolutely fantastic and I can't wait. Any word on other paint schemes Galland, Steinhoff etc.... that you could comment on?

Thank you again for not only being so open with the forum but for bringing new and exciting items too the table. This is truely the best of times for us.

Thanks
Scott

der Vogelfänger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Admiral Toys

Post by der Vogelfänger » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:09 pm

Well said boyx30......

dV
du doch nicht!
Kennst du mich noch?
Luftwaffe-a-holic!!!

Danke Jungs!!

Juneau@1
Sergeant
Sergeant

Tanks?

Post by Juneau@1 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:23 pm

Really looking forward to the Panzer III H, I went ahead and preordered 2 of them. Great to hear that they are on the ship and on the way here. Any idea what tank are being considered after the Crusader and M-10? I have heard rumors that Admiral Toys may do a German 88mm. Also, please post pics of the upcoming Panzer III M, I am really wondering about the skirting and how it looks.
Thanks,
Eric

Tshintl
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: Tanks?

Post by Tshintl » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:53 pm

Juneau@1 wrote: I have heard rumors that Admiral Toys may do a German 88mm. Also, please post pics of the upcoming Panzer III M, I am really wondering about the skirting and how it looks.
Thanks,
Eric
I heard that about an 88mm as well on a wargaming forum but can't seem to find any factual info to back it up. Where'd you hear it? You're not "Hrothgar" on another forum are you?

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:06 am

Sabrefan and der Vogelfänger, I am going to mix things up a bit… I am not sure which version you will see in the fall, camo or silver, it is still up in the air. No pun intended.

Boyx30, I am living the ultimate childhood dream. Nothing compares to taking a chance on something you love, military history. Making models that represent military history is so rewarding. These last three years have been some of the most memorable of my life…. Maybe it is proximity… I do not know. Furthermore, my whole family has its hand in aviation. My grandfather was a pilot, my father was a fighter pilot, my brother is a pilot, I flew for some time… my life and the lives that bring you Admiral Toys Incorporated have been in aviation for three generations. We all love what we do and would not change it for the world. No one works for Admiral Toys Incorporated unless they have a great interest and knowledge of military history and development.

Juneau@1 and Tshintl, you may be correct with your assumptions of the 88. But maybe you should divide it by 2 and subtract 4. That is as big of a hint as you will ever get. But the 88 is still very much in the running for production, or is in production. I can not tell you at this time and no retailer should rely on my statement. Therefore, please do not run to your nearest retailer and preorder either model. (1) Our retailers should not be ready to take preorders; we do not have a production date finalized. (2) It is not near ready for release. It will be some time before it/they are ready to talk about in full.

Pictures of the M model should be on our website in the next couple of days.

On a side note, we have a new “news” link available on our website. Sometimes we release information on the news link that I have not had time to post on this forum. So if you would like to have the most up to date information please visit our website at your convenience.

Regards,
Jason

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:16 am

Jason, Is there any chance that Admiral Toys will make 1:18 scale tanks?

Thanks for your time
[img39]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/QueenofSky/BirdFlu.gif[/img39] [img39]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Acherontia_lachesis.jpg/200px-Acherontia_lachesis.jpg[/img39]

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:02 pm

yeh those would be amazing, but i doubt they would.

pokeyjtc
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pokeyjtc » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:42 pm

Jason,
I was wondering if I can get my ME262 directly from you. Since we both are in Houston, could I come by your office to pick it up so I don't have to pay for shipping? Or should I just wait to see you at the Wings Over Houston airshow again this year and get one then? It is always a pleasure to talk with you at the Galveston and Houston airshows.

As for your two new releases that have yet to be announced, you mentioned that they are going to be promotions with or associated with other groups. I was just wonder what kind of associations these are going to be? Are the projects going to be exclusives to certain retailers, associted with certain veterans groups or museums or foundations? Just curious.

Jason

der Vogelfänger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Admiral Toys Information

Post by der Vogelfänger » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:45 pm

Jason,

Speaking for me, and probably Sabrefan, too, it will be MORE than O.K. to see either the Camo OR the Silver first! Put another way, it is a given that I will purchase BOTH regardless of order of production!! The significance of the Hartmann CL-13 is simply history in itself. His transition from (Nazi) props to (West) German Luftwaffe jets is too excellent a story to miss. Thanks, Jason, for bringing this to light via Admiral Toys.

Respectfully,

dV
FLYNAVY73
Last edited by der Vogelfänger on Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
du doch nicht!
Kennst du mich noch?
Luftwaffe-a-holic!!!

Danke Jungs!!

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:54 pm

Yes Jason, I will also be getting both of the Hartmann Sabres. Any more news on when the German CL-13 will be here? Thanks. :D
Paul Hebert

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:12 pm

Jason,

Apologies if you've already given an update, but can you give a rough idea of when the unmarked silver Sabres will be going out?

Thanks.

Juneau@1
Sergeant
Sergeant

Panzer III delay?

Post by Juneau@1 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:55 pm

Jason,
Did the Panzer III H get delayed? Last week it had it listed as coming in the first week in August and now says late August. Also, looking forward to seeing the Panzer III M. What paint scheme will it have?
Thanks,
Eric

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:55 pm

Moth, we have looked into armor in 1:18 scale. However, at this time have no intentions of making vehicles. Maybe we will next year.

Jason, it might be best to wait for Houston’s airshow. I am not sure when I will receive an ME 262 in Houston, besides production samples and ones used for testing. I will let you know if I receive one that is suitable for sale.

Jason, to answer the second part of your question, one is for a retailer and the other is for a museum/foundation. Both aircraft have never been produced in 1:18 scale.

dV, thank you for your support and the recent phone call. Your enthusiasm for the CL-13s is much appreciated.

Sabrefan, the CL-13 is on the water. It has been for about two weeks. We never know what amount of time it will spend on the docks. Customs get backed up this time of the year, and the new ownership of the ports does not help. This is why we have put the delivery time back a bit; to allow for wiggle room for delays totally out of our hands.

Morian Miner, the Silver 86 is in the United States and will be shipped to you next week. They have been in the US for over 3 and one half weeks. Unfortunately they were held in Customs for an extended period of time and when they were shipped to Dallas, the driver picked them up at receiving and took them straight to shipping and they ended up on a train back to CA. Trust me; I cannot make this stuff up! UPS-SCS is quite embarrassed. They have arranged for a truck to drive straight to our warehouse and they should be here on Monday.

Juneau@1, look above at my response to Sabrefan’s CL-13 delivery date question. The Panzer III Hs are on the same container.

Regards,
Jason

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:52 pm

Thanks Jason, I have a place just waiting for the German CL-13 Sabre. Please let me know when you get them. Thanks. :D
Paul Hebert

boyx30
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by boyx30 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:29 pm

Jason......I think you need to visit the WWI Planes (Again) Please thread!
just in case you missed it. Very informative, might be your ticket to money town....

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:25 pm

Jason,

Thanks for the update. Believe me, I've been through customs nightmares you wouldn't believe, as well as shipping fun. Can't wait.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:11 am

Jason I sent you a PM
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

der Vogelfänger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Admiral Toys Information

Post by der Vogelfänger » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:21 am

Sabrefan wrote:Thanks Jason, I have a place just waiting for the German CL-13 Sabre. Please let me know when you get them. Thanks. :D
Yep, me too; under my pillow for safekeeping!! :lol:

dV
du doch nicht!
Kennst du mich noch?
Luftwaffe-a-holic!!!

Danke Jungs!!

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:52 pm

Jason any new on what is going to be released next year?
Can you drop us a hint…Please?:D

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:42 pm

Sabrefan and der Vogelfanger: Thank you for your support on the CL-13, they will arrive in the next month, give or take a week. We never know what is going on with customs.

Boyx30, I love WWI aircraft. I know a friend of ours, a fellow manufacturer that got pretty far on a WWI aircraft, maybe I can convince him to continue with development, or at least give it to Admiral Toys Incorporated. You never know, this is my new version of wait and see. Let me answer your next question: No, I cannot tell you what airplane.

Morian Miner, customs has a very important job, especially in the times we live in. However, I think a container of plastic toys should not be held up for over 3 weeks! But, safety should come before pleasure (I should write for Trojan). :lol:

VMF115, thank you for the message. We try pretty hard around here to pay attention to the concerns of our customers. We would be nothing without you. Thank you for your patience. We are learning with every step. But with each step we take, we bring along with us the knowledge that our customers make us who we are.

VMF115, I can give you a hint of what is coming next year. We will have a couple of aircraft in 1:18 and a couple of tanks/guns/vehicles in 1:72 scales. The aircraft (which I am assuming you are most interested in) are all new to this market. No company has manufactured them before. You will be surprised because they are not your standard sure sale items. We will take a risk or two this coming year. I think there are plenty of P-51s, F-4Us and the like, available to the market. We just might go out on a branch and offer you some aircraft that would not be manufactured by the others. We are not in the business of stepping on other’s toes, and would like to produce aircraft that would not be on their list of planes to manufacture. I can say that two of these aircraft are well on their way to production. You will learn more about these aircraft in the next couple of months. Sorry, but this is all I can say.

Regards,
Jason
Last edited by Jason of Admiral Toys on Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:06 am

Jason of Admiral Toys wrote: VMF115, thank you for the message. We try pretty hard around here to pay attention to the concerns of our customers. We would be nothing without you. Thank you for your patience. We are learning with every step. But with each step we take, we bring along with us the knowledge that our customers make us who we are.
Not a problem, and thank you. :D
Jason of Admiral Toys wrote: VMF115, The aircraft (which I am assuming you are most interested in) are all new to this market. No company has manufactured them before. You will be surprised because they are not your standard sure sale items.

Regards,
Jason
Thanks Jason :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Shin Densetsu
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Shin Densetsu » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:31 am

Jason of Admiral Toys wrote:Sabrefan and der Vogelfanger: Thank you for your support on the CL-13, they will arrive in the next month, give or take a week. We never know what is going on with customs.

Boyx30, I love WWI aircraft. I know a friend of ours, a fellow manufacturer that got pretty far on a WWI aircraft, maybe I can convince him to continue with development, or at least give it to Admiral Toys Incorporated. You never know, this is my new version of wait and see. Let me answer your next question: No, I cannot tell you what airplane.

Morian Miner, customs has a very important job, especially in the times we live in. However, I think a container of plastic toys should not be held up for over 3 weeks! But, safety should come before pleasure (I should write for Trojan). :lol:

VMF115, thank you for the message. We try pretty hard around here to pay attention to the concerns of our customers. We would be nothing without you. Thank you for your patience. We are learning with every step. But with each step we take, we bring along with us the knowledge that our customers make us who we are.

VMF115, I can give you a hint of what is coming next year. We will have a couple of aircraft in 1:18 and a couple of tanks/guns/vehicles in 1:72 scales. The aircraft (which I am assuming you are most interested in) are all new to this market. No company has manufactured them before. You will be surprised because they are not your standard sure sale items. We will take a risk or two this coming year. I think there are plenty of P-51s, F-4Us and the like, available to the market. We just might go out on a branch and offer you some aircraft that would not be manufactured by the others. We are not in the business of stepping on other’s toes, and would like to produce aircraft that would not be on their list of planes to manufacture. I can say that two of these aircraft are well on their way to production. You will learn more about these aircraft in the next couple of months. Sorry, but this is all I can say.

Regards,
Jason
I got a feeling one is an F-20 Tigershark and the other is an F-8 Crusader. :wink:
Shin's wishlist for 1/18 and 1/32 with retractable landing gear and more:

F-14 Tomcat, F-8 Crusader, A-4 Skyhawk, F-105 Thunderchief, A-6 Intruder, F-15C, F-15E Strike Eagle

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:34 am

Maybe a P-39 or Hurricane? That would be my deffinition of unlikely major sellers.
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.