21st Century Toys 1:18 Information Q&A (Area-21 Pres)

Ask Questions & Chat with representatives of the small scale companies!
Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:23 pm

Thanks for the answers TKO :D

Are there re-tools planned, or the Mustang is the only re-tool?
Or a late war Spitfire would be great

Is there anything Russian planned besides the Mig-15? (I know, I asked before, but maybe something changed?)

Sorry for so many questions
[img39]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/QueenofSky/BirdFlu.gif[/img39] [img39]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Acherontia_lachesis.jpg/200px-Acherontia_lachesis.jpg[/img39]

Morian Miner
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Morian Miner » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:08 pm

tko211 wrote:
Though an exact ETA has not been confirmed from 21st I would expect the korean pair of jets to show before the end of 2006.
A little bummed about that, I want my MIG!!! But, with some of the new stuff showing up, nothing wrong with spreading out the love :lol:

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:43 pm

tko211 wrote:Avenger is all done. No problems or further revisions. Brace yourselves soon.
That is good... but are we going to get at least the two paintschemes (Atlantic & Flight 19) or is it just going to be the Atlantic and then nothing else for a long while?

I wonder what all the BCA fuss was about - perhaps some misinformation on the part of their 21c rep? Haven't heard anything else from other small retailers...
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:51 pm

That is kind of funny how Bad Cat took the Avenger out of their ad and put the BBI Corsair in its place. :roll:
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:04 pm

The last report I had from 21st indicated that both the Atlantic and the Flight 19 Avengers would release very close to one another.

for my friend Morian- I suspect the MiG-15 and the Sabre will both be out quickly actually. Perhaps 3rd quarter? They have to be close if 21st is showing paint schemes, production pilot paint samples, etc. I think we will even see S2 paint schemes for both projects later this month / early next.

As far as the AD on Bad Cat... well I would rather not have my Avenger all shot up by BBi zeros anyway. It's better that a BBi Corsair is getting some heat! 8) It is kinda funny!
Don't worry... Bad Cat will sell a ton. In fact I am way excited to order the Bunker Hill exclusive from them. I think it is great that they do those things! -In fact I think I will do it tomorrow. Might pick me up Smoke II as well.

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:00 am

Okay TKO its 12:00 on my clock. I'm waiting!
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by tkjaer21 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:15 am

For tmanthegreat, the
That certainly is the M-48 in a current box! Is the tank diecast? Also, is it just me, or the picture, but the green on the new tank looks a shade lighter than my origional TRU M-48. I'm not going to hurry after this one, but its good to see it re-released in the OD paint and NOT as the Sahara vehicle
The tank is heavy and diecast. I never had a chance to see the original release, so I do not know if the paint scheme is lighter or not. However, it is very impressive.

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:22 am

Sabrefan wrote:That is kind of funny how Bad Cat took the Avenger out of their ad and put the BBI Corsair in its place. :roll:
It was probably more because the Avenger they had on the ad was the flight 19 Avenger, which, unless they hyperwarped across the planet, wouldn't have seen action against Zeros.. :roll:

Thanks for updates TKO.. They are much appreciated!!!! :wink:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:22 am

tkjaer21 wrote:For tmanthegreat, the
That certainly is the M-48 in a current box! Is the tank diecast? Also, is it just me, or the picture, but the green on the new tank looks a shade lighter than my origional TRU M-48. I'm not going to hurry after this one, but its good to see it re-released in the OD paint and NOT as the Sahara vehicle
The tank is heavy and diecast. I never had a chance to see the original release, so I do not know if the paint scheme is lighter or not. However, it is very impressive.
The original release was a solid green color with black overspray like a attempt at weathering. So it looks darker. The new one looks fresh from the assembly line. That's why where was no figure, he's still in tank school...

Dave

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:41 pm

TKO,

One thing you could ask 21C is are they looking into preventing joint sticking on their figures? I finally broke down and bought the F104 today (fabulous bird, by the way), and when I'm trying to pose the pilots head, his head peg breaks. So, right out of the box, my pilot has a head glued in one position.

I know there are limits based on the plastics used, the paint apps, and assembly procedures, but its such a pain that when you get a new figure, unless you are absolutely careful, you run the risk of breaking a joint on the figure (this isn't just 21C's problem - same thing goes for BBi).

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:39 pm

I guess you're back to using the hot water technique to loosen a new figure's joints.... I also had an F-104 pilot figure break, though that was an arm joint.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

tko211

Post by tko211 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:19 pm

Wierd, I haven't had any problems with my F-104 pilots (knock on wood) I plan to get Smoke II ordered up tomorrow.

tko211

Post by tko211 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:47 am

There are so many cool schemes for the P-51D. I know of 2 more that they are considering heavily but I am afraid that I can't talk about those yet. Sorry, orders are orders. Some of the above schemes have obviously been kicked arround due to historical significance etc. One thing to keep in mind is that 21st sometimes likes to do a plane that is unsung. So I would expect one or 2 of those. I think that the P-51D line will be very strong and I would plan on a long life line. 10-12 schemes on this model over the course of 2-3 years is what I would guess.

The next scheme (which might get bumped up in priority over Big Beautiful Doll should be announced in the next few weeks, perhaps a month.

-TKO

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:21 pm

Model Variety is the spice of life to a normal collector, I would think 10-12 D model Mustangs is a bit overkill however. Is that number including the S1 releases?

I see 109G-6/ Ridgerunners now in WM with tons of dust on them.

A few schemes, and then on to the next plane / vehicles etc...

DH

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:44 pm

I am in that camp also, there are already too many Mustangs out there. However, I can see a mustang collector wanting all the variants. Still I hope we see other "new" aircraft before we see another Mustang variant aka the "B" model.
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

tko211

Post by tko211 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:39 pm

That many schemes as I said would occur between 2006-2008... I think 10 P-51D mustangs over that kind of time frame would make sense if the market is there to support it. I agree that most people will not elect to own all 10. (I will but I am crazy) However as new blood enters the market and as time passes a very popular seller like the P-51D might need to have that many options for the general public and so on.

Though I would agree that giving the mold a 6 to 10 month rest between a burst of paint schemes is wise. Kinda like the Bunker hill corsair and stuka and P-86 we just got from 21st. Those molds have not been available for a while now so a new scheme to freshen up is nice.

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:19 pm

Oh sure, you have to make the money back and more. A 6-9 month rest between paints is smart. The buyer gets refreshed as well.
Though I would agree that giving the mold a 6 to 10 month rest between a burst of paint schemes is wise. Kinda like the Bunker hill corsair and stuka and P-86 we just got from 21st. Those molds have not been available for a while now so a new scheme to freshen up is nice.
What P-86? The Stuka begs for tank buster with the 37mm pods.

Dave

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:54 pm

tko211 wrote:P-86 we just got from 21st.
P-86? Never saw that...

EDIT- Sorry Scbvideoboy didnt see your post
[img39]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/QueenofSky/BirdFlu.gif[/img39] [img39]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Acherontia_lachesis.jpg/200px-Acherontia_lachesis.jpg[/img39]

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:38 pm

scbvideoboy wrote:
What P-86? The Stuka begs for tank buster with the 37mm pods.

Dave
I think he means F-86 as in the Sabre.

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:56 pm

Oh, forgot about that plane, explains why I could not figure out that the P was wrong not the number :oops:

ogravl
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by ogravl » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:13 am

I think he means the P-38 Pudgy V.

tko211

Post by tko211 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:47 pm

Holy crap what was I smokin? Must have been late or early or something....

I was trying to say P-38 as in the Pudgy V...

I must have also had the F-86 on the brain when I typed that. Sorry for the confusion!