21st Century Toys 1:18 Information Q&A (Area-21 Pres)

Ask Questions & Chat with representatives of the small scale companies!
Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:53 pm

21st Century Toys doesnt make boats now, why would they later, there are so many other things they could make, like a T-34, IS-2, Stug III, P-39 Airacobra, even a BF-110. There is no reason for it in my opinon.
[img39]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/QueenofSky/BirdFlu.gif[/img39] [img39]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Acherontia_lachesis.jpg/200px-Acherontia_lachesis.jpg[/img39]

Threetoughtrucks
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:08 pm

Jason:

The number of us on the board that have commented on your insistance that 21C should produce an Amtrak, and DO IT RIGHT NOW, or all is lost, feel is a little short sighted on your part.

WE would love an Amtrak or Higgins Boat or DUKW, but I feel you fail to understand that NOTHING can be produced in enough time to be in stores by the time the Iwo movie is released, or even in a year from today if a decision to produe was made today.

Your idea is a good one, but it would have been better to have been kicked oround last year when the Iwo movie was first announced. It's too late now, unless the 21C people have gone ahead last year and put it in the works and info on it will be released in the next few weeks.

That is possible but most of us think the next few ground vehicles will be the vehicles we have already discussed, the KT. 88mm Antitank with prime Mover and vairations of existing vehicles whether they are German or American. I'm sorry you don't feel German armor will continue to sell, but that's your opinion, and that's like butts, we all have one. 8)

Everything takes time, we all are willing to wait for the 21C products we love. Sometimes the stuff we would really like to see we have to wait even longer. I've been whinning about White half-tracks (besides the already produced M-3A1) and White Scout cars for years. I've already said I would like them in both the 1/18 and the 1/6 scale. but again that's my opinion.

BTW, we all use the phrase "Produce it and it'll fly off the shelves". 21C must be really tired of that from us. 8)

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:48 pm

In my opinon...
You think that the Amtrac/Higgins boat is the perfect seller, I and 21st Century Toys dont.

I dont like people who think they are right, and everyone else is wrong, you think the same too im sure, but we all forget one thing, the opinon.

I see what your saying, the boat would be popular because everyone saw it one time or another, in a movie or something, but as I see it, it would not be popular because no one has made any boats or anything sea-worthy. There is nothing to collect here, I personally would NOT buy it.

21st Century Toys makes tanks/trucks and planes, why make a boat?
It just doesnt make sense to me, it doesnt fit with tanks and planes.
Deveating is a dangerous thing that can be very costly, I dont think 21st Century Toys is willing to do that.
[img39]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/QueenofSky/BirdFlu.gif[/img39] [img39]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Acherontia_lachesis.jpg/200px-Acherontia_lachesis.jpg[/img39]

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:47 am

Personally I would want, buy, and very much enjoy a landing craft of any kind. My vote would be for a higgins myself. However, I seriously think that the production numbers needed to justify the tooling costs would not be beneficial to 21st.

I have seen 21st pain over certian subjects like this where they woul like to do it but there just isn't enough main stream support.
Right now I can confirm that there are no plans to develop a landingcraft. Who knows though, the future is always bright.

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:27 pm

21st Century Toys makes tanks/trucks and planes, why make a boat?
It just doesnt make sense to me, it doesnt fit with tanks and planes.
Deveating is a dangerous thing that can be very costly, I dont think 21st Century Toys is willing to do that.
uhmm 21C currently makes military planes and tanks that have been involved in combat in WW2 and beyond. A higgins landing craft EXACTLY fits in with 21C's military theme. I would love to see one with the working deck ramp and the sailor fiqure at the helm.

Size would NOT be a issue, as I am sure* the avenger is bigger. Making the molds? What a joke EASY as you have 3 almost flat pieces, the bottom hull, 2 sides, the ramp (perfect for diecast metal) and back aft piece. Inside detail would be secondary pieces screwed to the sides.
And last the little box area for the helm and engine. Add the machine gun mount from a existing dodge truck.

Of course that is all from memory of "Saving Private Ryan" intro.

Don't say 21C can't do it, just look at the joke of a RC Abhrams tank in 1/9 scale ???? I have a closet full of 1/9 scale figures and accessories, don't you?

DH

Shin Densetsu
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Shin Densetsu » Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:12 pm

Tko,

1-Are we getting a gun locker "stang" this year? I know you mentioned BBD as the 1st gun locker release but I was not sure when it was due.

2-Was 21st able to solve the problem of folding wings on the avenger?

3-Would 21st consider retooling their corsair, or would they rather make an all new mold?

4-Is the F-104 the last big jet fighter we see from 21st this year(2006)?
Shin's wishlist for 1/18 and 1/32 with retractable landing gear and more:

F-14 Tomcat, F-8 Crusader, A-4 Skyhawk, F-105 Thunderchief, A-6 Intruder, F-15C, F-15E Strike Eagle

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:02 pm

TKO, Can you shed some light on these new Wal-mart sightings? (Mutt jeep, New paint Hanomag, New paint US Halftrack, M-48 Patton)

digger

um..

Post by digger » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:29 am

It's been 3 days now!!!!!
I hope you're kidding...there have been 6 articles in 12 days (and you haven't seemed to pleased with any of them) so I think you should be able to sit tight... :wink:

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:07 pm

There are a LOT of people on the forum who take things down to the millimeter. I believe a collector trait.

DH

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:04 pm

Where were ya 4 years ago when the green M48s and green and snake Stukas were gathering dust at local TRUs??

Ok, just kidding, I now have to walk away from the BBI and 21st Corsair repaints as well as P-51s to leave room for new 1/18th.

But I refuse to shy away from any 1/32nd ac or armor repaints or new

tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by tkjaer21 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:55 pm

• Here is a pic and proof of the 21st Century Patton tank purchased at a local Wal-Mart. zoom into the pic and in the middle of the box. It will have a 2006 copyright. Enjoy and happy hunting. The tank is $39.98 + tax and does not come with a picture.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:11 pm

tkjaer21,
Nice pics.
Were you able to find anymore M48 Patton Tanks?

Sent you a private mail on this in reference to the M2 Bradley I have.
Private mail me back or email me: [email protected]
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:30 am

i can not open the pic
whats up doc....

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:40 am

i agree with digger (wonder of wonders), TKO has been more than prompt with the promised updates. They are not necessarily going to be of interest to everyone all of the time but the information has certainly been free flowing.

I'm sure there will be tidbits come along that will be to the delight of every one of us, even me. :P
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:58 pm

Black_Dragon_One wrote:i can not open the pic
Copy the http scripting in between the image markers into your internet browser URL, then hit enter and it will got to his Yahoo photos account.

That certainly is the M-48 in a current box! Is the tank diecast? Also, is it just me, or the picture, but the green on the new tank looks a shade lighter than my origional TRU M-48. I'm not going to hurry after this one, but its good to see it re-released in the OD paint and NOT as the Sahara vehicle 8)
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

tko211

Post by tko211 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:02 pm

The Patton re-release was news to me. Every now and again there is a product / project that just seems to come in stealth like.

Weird but kinda fun too. Sometimes it's nice to go in and see something you aren't expecting. I am sorry I don' know more on that topic.

Here are some other questions answered.

1. Gun Bay P-51's... Godd question. Last I heard yes we would see at least one. I would plan for late 06.

2. Avenger is all done. No problems or further revisions. Brace yourselves soon.

3. I doubt the Corsair is near the top of things to re-tool at the moment.

4. Compared to the F-86 and MiG-15 which are small jets compared to the F-104... yes the F-104 I think is the last of the big jets of 2006. Though an exact ETA has not been confirmed from 21st I would expect the korean pair of jets to show before the end of 2006.