BBI - Blue Box Toys Information Q&A (Mike)

Ask Questions & Chat with representatives of the small scale companies!
Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:04 pm

"For all on the F-16 in TRU...it will be assorted with the F-18 so be quick"
....Uh...When will the F-16 and F/A-18 be at ToysRus?

Thanks
[img39]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/QueenofSky/BirdFlu.gif[/img39] [img39]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Acherontia_lachesis.jpg/200px-Acherontia_lachesis.jpg[/img39]

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:07 pm

Hopefully not before too long. I still have the itch for an F-18, but don't want to pay exuberantly.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:47 pm

Same deal here, exept I want the F-16.
The F/A-18's fan blade turbine thing is ridiculos, it kills the whole plane in my opinon.

The only F-16 I found on the internet is $90, which is a bit much for me :(
[img39]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/QueenofSky/BirdFlu.gif[/img39] [img39]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Acherontia_lachesis.jpg/200px-Acherontia_lachesis.jpg[/img39]

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:56 pm

Mike, any chance we might see the BBI F-16 in the "Thunderbirds" paint scheme? That would be a great looking model. :D
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

jeffrowse
Sergeant
Sergeant

May have missed this in the preceeding 37 pages but...

Post by jeffrowse » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:26 am

...has anyone spoken to Asda, the UK supermarket? It's now a wholly-owned subsiduary of WalMart so there's the start of a relationship there already...

And while I'm in "Pie in the sky" mode, can we have a Harrier GR7 (not the cheap American AV8B+ version! :roll: ), Tornado GR4A, F-15E Strike Eagle, KA-50 Black Shark ("Werewolf"/Houkm), Mil-24D/E/F Crocodile (Hind), EH101/US101/Merlin... :twisted:

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:01 pm

Hi mike sorry to hear that Modelers Loft has declined that is a real shame and i think i will have to start emailing them about it and encouraging other people to do the same perhaps if they see the no of interrested people they will change their mind. We can hope!Anyway mike am glad you are still working on it and hope you do find someone as you have some really great products!!!!

Some other suggestions if you haven't already approached them would be Toymaster, and The Entertainer (another toy shop they may not take up the more expensive elite force line although i have found it in the Entertainer but i recon they would be interrested in the combat command line.), Also Toys r us but i guess you have approached them anyway.

Well i hope we do get to see some new vehicles and really awaiting new figs and perhaps more weapons packs. Will you be able to give us a heads up before the next lot of new stuff comes up mike so that we can all get online and look for updates? lol

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:51 pm

Must admit I`m rather surprised at MLs declined BUT i know they DID try a few years back BUT Order numbers didn`t win them it & Corgi got it (for all the good that did us Brits :( ).

The likes of Asda or Woolworths would be awesome as BOTH have US owners i believe so there`s a common ground :D

Toys R Us UK I`m really surprised DON`T stock them/ship them in,though then again i`ve found they tend NOT to like action figures apart from Star Wars,Superheroes & Action man :( be Great to say to our American brethren "was in TrUs & picked up this that & the other from the BBI ELITE 1/18th line". Alas I doubt we`ll EVER be that lucky :(

Toymasters would be great scope. Though alas they are closing a LOT of stores around the country :( TrUs are affecting sales still even though TrUs is Crap over here (Till they stock BBI & 21st 1/18 & 1/6th :D ).

i think BBI having an International Store section WOULD be an awesome way to go :D Though that`s been suggested in the past by Scope too :D

Thank`s Mike for letting us know that the swival wrists on the new figures (that don`t have it) is being FIXED :D So they WILL have it :D That`s right?

Ja
Steel Bonnet

markecho
Sergeant
Sergeant

WotW Romans Question

Post by markecho » Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:34 am

Hello Mike,
I just saw BBi's/Merits display of a testudo formation at AWOH and that got me hooked!
I am in the process of ordering a bunch S1 Romans but my main army builder figure would be something similar to this:
(K&C roman)

Any chance of this pose being made in your BBi WotW Roman line? Basically it could be used to make companies/centuries of troops.

I also saw the new Series 2 preview (calvary, officer, chariot, pilum thrower, catapult) and they all look great!
Please keep up the great work...maybe throw in some minor artiuclation (ok ok...I know I won't be pushy!)

Thanks again!
mark
It is the dang toy companies that have sometimes made me want to stop collecting toys!!!

SGT. Saunders
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SGT. Saunders » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:02 pm

Mike

1/18 WWII British Reg Infantry figures, are we we ever going to see any from BBI. I would really love to see them done by BBI.
There's only one way out of HELL! and that's through it!!

tankduel
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by tankduel » Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:22 pm

Mike
here's the contact for BBI's best chance to sell in NZ
http://www.thewarehouse.co.nz
They carry GI Joe, Power Team, Chap Mei, why not BBI? You can only try; good luck if you do!
Neville

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:36 am

Hi Mike just wanted to see if you could clarify are these figures in the top of the cabinet new 1/18 figs (if so any info on when available/ articulation)or are they a new 6 inch line?

http://www.merit-intl.com/month/6-1-06/ ... C08313.JPG

dont know if you know yet but will there be anything new at comic con next month? will you be there?

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:57 pm

...and it was quiet on the BBI front, too quiet!
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:06 pm

Mike,

Will bbi have a booth and any surprises at Comic Con this year?

Thanks.

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:34 pm

Mike,

Is the Combat Command line being made available to retailers other than Target?

Thanks.

digger

CC

Post by digger » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:36 pm

Bird, you can get a lot of the CC line at Goodstufftogo. That is the only place I have seen it for sale online.

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:46 pm

Thanks digger.....now if we can just get some exciting news on Comic Con..... :wink:

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:21 am

Mike wrote:

"To All,
yes we will have some new product being shown at Comic Con on the Merit booth.

to Scope UK...those are 1/6 figures you see there."
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

digger

cool

Post by digger » Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:53 am

aferguson wrote:Mike wrote:

"To All,
yes we will have some new product being shown at Comic Con on the Merit booth.

to Scope UK...those are 1/6 figures you see there."
Wow - awesome news...makes the wait for CC that much harder..

But I couldn't imagine that both the 12 inch guys and the 6 inch guys are 1/6 figures. :?

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:50 am

Cool. Thanks for the response Mike. :D

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:46 am

Thanks Mike thats great news can't wait to comic con am sure whatever BBI show will be excellent as always.

Mike i know the figs on the middle and bottom shelves are 1/6th but the ones on the top shelf don't look like they are?

looking forward to comic con and what BBI has install for us thanks for the update mike will have to look out for pics on the web that weekend

billgiff
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

wing replacement

Post by billgiff » Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:04 pm

Mike, how do I get a replacement wing for my Marine's Dream Corsair? I just opened mine and while putting it together, I noticed that I have two right wings and no left wing. I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can and will you help me? Thanks, Bill :cry: :cry: :cry:

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:49 pm

Mike wrote:

"to scope UK,
those are a 6 inch figure that we are "toying" with...no production yet

for billgiff,
just email [email protected] with the details and they will take care of you

for Birddog,
the original Combat Command was exclusive to Target and was available to other retailers in a slightly different format ( cosmetic or content changes)...but it does not have broad distribution outside Target.
Our preference is to sell our regular Elite Force 1/18 and not CC...but retailers are paranoid about price and say there is no market for items like ours....what can I say?
US retailers have shelves full of product that they think consumers want...but "it ain't necessarily so" "
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:03 pm

Thanks for the response Mike. It's a shame that retailers can't see the forest from the trees. It sounds like the US retailers are marketing like the US auto makers. I'm glad that Toys R Us, online retailers, and bbi see there is a good market for the Elite Force line. I hope we keep seeing more releases in the Elite Force line for Modern and WWII aircraft, vehicle, and figure categories.

Can't wait to see what bbi has at Merrit's booth at Comic Con.

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:58 am

Ah that explains it they look really cool though mike any chance we can get these sorts of figs in 1:18 the helmets and weapons especially look nice will have to keep an eye out for these :)
As for retailers well we all know that they don't make the right decisions. I have been to the states a couple of times and have always found it hard to find BBI (not as hard as here in the UK) i ask TRU employees and they just say it just flys of the shelves! doesn't that show theres a market but i guess we are all ruled by what they think we want even if it is way off target.
Mike i think BBI make truely great products and i cant wait to see what will be at comic con. speaking of your new stuff i was just wondering will there be both new combat command stuff and Elite force stuff on show? also will your new products be available to online retailers so that us people outside the states can get them? i know you might not know the answer for these yet but thanks for the replies :) .

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:20 pm

I`d like to echo Scopes question on seeing any New 1/18th BBI & BBI CC items :D

Also why doesn`t BBI push BOTH the Standard BBI line that we are all so familiar with & also push the CC range too.

After all BBI does push both there Normal 1/6th line & the cheaper/basic range too.

So why not have both in 1/18th.
Not sure if you`ve noticed from other 1/18th Joe related sites. The likes of the Hind helo have been snapped up & there is a demand for them still (Myself i`d love to still get one,never going to happen over in England though).
As for the BBI CC figures well they work really well for customizing with Joe type figures & I have to say I love the detailing on the assault vests on these figures BTW.

I truely think BBI CAN Sell Both the Normal & the CC ranges out there & here`s truely hoping Over here in Britain :D

Ja
Steel Bonnet