Admiral Toys Information Q&A (Jason)

Ask Questions & Chat with representatives of the small scale companies!
KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Sat May 13, 2006 11:00 am

the Mosquito was one of the first stealth fighters :shock: :roll:

me122172
Corporal
Corporal

Post by me122172 » Sat May 13, 2006 11:05 am

Maybe it is because radar had not been invented yet? :wink:
Or
Maybe it is because the aircraft never saw battle?

KWR190
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by KWR190 » Sat May 13, 2006 11:27 am

Maybe HO/GO 299 flying wing
Kurt

CW4USARMY
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by CW4USARMY » Sat May 13, 2006 7:38 pm

Well, I'm hoping that "them" means the bad guys. i.e. Axis powers and maybe "far" means far east or long range. Im just glad that there's at least two new aircraft coming that we are sure to be surprised about! :D

Dubar1
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Dubar1 » Sun May 14, 2006 4:33 am

Could be the wooden Mosquito . With a 54'-2" wingspan it's only 2 feet more than the P-38. In 1/18 that's not much difference. :D

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Sun May 14, 2006 10:15 am

I really like the idea of Admiral Toys making planes that we have not seen yet. Most of the members here have limited display space and are getting tired of repaints. Your quality control
efforts are also appreciated for all those who have bought a plane that is incomplete or has been opened. Is it possible you guys might be considering something with twin engines?

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Sun May 14, 2006 1:29 pm

what i meant was a Mosquito was plywood and did not reflect German radar :idea:
and yes radar was invented and Mossies had a Great battle record :)

digger

guessing games..

Post by digger » Sun May 14, 2006 2:14 pm

yes radar was invented

How do you know what era he was talking about?

Warthog75
Corporal
Corporal

Thanks for the reply, Jason

Post by Warthog75 » Mon May 15, 2006 7:31 am

In two words, you rock. I did eventually get through to customer service and talked with a very helpful gentleman named Jim. With his help, I am in the process of exchanging the plane for a new one through Badcat.

AS you all know, Badcat does not pay the shipping to have an item returned to them. After I told Jim that, he said they (Admiral Toys) would send out a prepaid UPS label so I could send the defective F86 back to BCA free of charge. Now that's customer service.

Thanks to Jason for explaining the situation and thanks to Jim for his great service!

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Tue May 16, 2006 10:10 pm

Go Admiral Toys!

Flytiger
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Flytiger » Wed May 17, 2006 10:18 am

A B-25. My kingdom for a B-25!!!! 45" wingspan.

To see one of the country's finest B-25's, go to http://www.cavanaughflightmuseum.com and look for "How Boot That"

Jason - that museum is in Addison, (Dallas area) TX.

Jolly Roger
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: Guesses

Post by Jolly Roger » Wed May 17, 2006 11:37 am

lightning2000 wrote:Hi,
I could see a 1:18 F-22 Raptor coming out from Admiral. Problem is, the licensing fees to Lockheed-Martin would be very high. I think that's one of the reasons why Franklin Mint still hasnt come out with one and no one, to my knowledge, has a pre-assembled version in a smaller scale. I'm not sure how many people would be interested in a F-117 Nighthawk, but then again, who's to say how popular it would be if the replica was spot on.

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
i heard otherwise, i heard Lockheed was wanting to give out licensing
on the Raptor to get it higher popularity, and try and get
more units sold.

why would they care for the 3$ each model, when they
make about 8.6 million making the real ones :lol:

Jason, any hint on weather the new model are
Vintage or Modern babys? :wink:
Still withering away from the A-10 Hunger Striker.

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

F-22

Post by lightning2000 » Wed May 17, 2006 2:27 pm

Hi,
Sorry to get off topic, but I'm not sure where you got your figure for the F-22. Here's the "exact" information taken from the globalsecurity.org web site:

Average unit flyaway cost includes the costs associated with procuring one aircraft, including the airframe, engines, avionics, other mission equipment, and certain nonrecurring production costs. It does not include “sunk” costs for development and test and other costs to the whole system, including logistical support and construction. The average unit flyaway cost for the F/A-22 in 2003 was about $178 million, while the unit flyaway costs for future annual buys were projected before the budget decision to decrease to $127 million, $111 million, and $108 million in fiscal years 2007, 2008, and 2009 respectively [that is to say, roughly double the unit flyaway costs of the single engine F-35]. With the program will be truncated in 2008, the less expensive aircraft in 2009 and beyond will not be bought and unit costs are projected at $135 million in 2007 and $149 million in 2008 (increases associated with close-out of production).

Even at a cost of $108 million, that's somewhat more than the $8.6 million you quoted in your response. Why do I bring this up? If this number is in error, then pretty much your entire statement is in error. I'm sure it would cost more than $3 in royalty fees per unit. Typically, royalties can range from 6%-10%, depending upon the item in question, production run, intended market, and so on. I also cant see why Lockheed-Martin would want to overexpose their property as you claim. Coming from the gaming business, I can tell you firsthand that US prime contractors want a bucket load of cash before their weapons platforms are profiled in a game with the good graces of the manufacturer. Likewise, every diecast manufacturer I speak to says there's tons of red tape to replicate an existing weapons system along with exorbitant costs.

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

Jolly Roger
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: F-22

Post by Jolly Roger » Wed May 17, 2006 3:01 pm

lightning2000 wrote:Hi,
Sorry to get off topic, but I'm not sure where you got your figure for the F-22. Here's the "exact" information taken from the globalsecurity.org web site:

Average unit flyaway cost includes the costs associated with procuring one aircraft, including the airframe, engines, avionics, other mission equipment, and certain nonrecurring production costs. It does not include “sunk” costs for development and test and other costs to the whole system, including logistical support and construction. The average unit flyaway cost for the F/A-22 in 2003 was about $178 million, while the unit flyaway costs for future annual buys were projected before the budget decision to decrease to $127 million, $111 million, and $108 million in fiscal years 2007, 2008, and 2009 respectively [that is to say, roughly double the unit flyaway costs of the single engine F-35]. With the program will be truncated in 2008, the less expensive aircraft in 2009 and beyond will not be bought and unit costs are projected at $135 million in 2007 and $149 million in 2008 (increases associated with close-out of production).

Even at a cost of $108 million, that's somewhat more than the $8.6 million you quoted in your response. Why do I bring this up? If this number is in error, then pretty much your entire statement is in error. I'm sure it would cost more than $3 in royalty fees per unit. Typically, royalties can range from 6%-10%, depending upon the item in question, production run, intended market, and so on. I also cant see why Lockheed-Martin would want to overexpose their property as you claim. Coming from the gaming business, I can tell you firsthand that US prime contractors want a bucket load of cash before their weapons platforms are profiled in a game with the good graces of the manufacturer. Likewise, every diecast manufacturer I speak to says there's tons of red tape to replicate an existing weapons system along with exorbitant costs.

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
that would make sense, but are you telling me the 88Cent Diecast F22's at walmart paid between 6-10% royalt of 127 Million dollars?.. so a small time company pays out 27 million for a 88 cent raptor toy?.. doesnt make sense... even at 1 percent it still is not going to happen, your looking at probably .0001 of a percentage to grab that deal for a cheap toy... therefor i dont see them penalizing the larger scale ones from the companies, and i dont see companies spending more then 1000 to use a model for somthing there is a million models already available.
Still withering away from the A-10 Hunger Striker.

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Royalty

Post by lightning2000 » Wed May 17, 2006 4:11 pm

I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying that the replica manufacturer has to add on another 6-10% to their own manufacturing costs to cover the royalties. If something costs $50 to produce, then a low-end royalty would tack on another $3. A high-end royalty would add another $5. The retailer then has to raise his/her asking price appropriately. This, in effect, could put the product out of reach of most consumers if the average retailer decided to live on a keystone margin of 50%. That would put the final selling price at $110. Compare that with a much cheaper 1:18 scale plane that may not command a royalty if the original prime contractor is no longer around to be compensated.

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Wed May 17, 2006 5:37 pm

well my 2 cents will go here,
the military model world with the lead of Stevens International has been fighting the military contract companies from collecting royalties for a couple of years now.
"HR4806 Military Toy Replica Act" has made it through house last week as part of 2007 defence bill. everyone needs to get in touch with there Senators to vote for this bill.
we say the taxpayers paid once for these weapons, the modelers and toy companies don't need to pay again.

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Wed May 17, 2006 6:30 pm

KAGNEW wrote:well my 2 cents will go here,
the military model world with the lead of Stevens International has been fighting the military contract companies from collecting royalties for a couple of years now.
"HR4806 Military Toy Replica Act" has made it through house last week as part of 2007 defence bill. everyone needs to get in touch with there Senators to vote for this bill.
we say the taxpayers paid once for these weapons, the modelers and toy companies don't need to pay again.
Amen Bro! I've already written mine about this!

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Thu May 18, 2006 5:39 am

I was involved in this for about a year or more, wrote my congressman,and sent letters of complaint to Boeing.
i think it's finally working. Revell-Monogram, Testors,Steven International, small distributers and lots of IPMS groups,lobbied the goverment.
MAYBE? the little guy won one :D

Juneau@1
Sergeant
Sergeant

Panzer III's

Post by Juneau@1 » Sat May 20, 2006 4:44 pm

We are quickly approaching the end of May. Any word on when we will see these if we already ordered? I am really looking forward to adding this tank which no one has made yet to my collection!
Thanks,
Eric

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed May 24, 2006 4:39 am

Jason wrote:

"Hello All,

I and a few of the folks from Admiral Toys Incorporated have returned from China. We got in last night and I have used the better half of this day returning calls and catching up on domestic concerns.

Our trip to China was quite productive. We viewed the production version of the ME 262, the production version of the German F-86 and the production version of Patricia II. We also viewed “several” more master models that will enter tooling in the next week or two.

I will not say what models are entering tooling. You will find out after tooling is complete and when we are only weeks from production. They have not been produced by another company. Do not read into my hint all that much. You took it quite literally. The most important part of that last post was the sentence after the hint: I, myself, am not sure what the hint means. That is the truth.

The ME 262 has started production. I will not tell you a definite time of completion because I do not want to be wrong. But I anticipate delivery at the end of next month, June. I have provided this forum some photos of the model and the pilot that goes with the 262. The pilot is a painted master model. The pilot’s molds were not ready in time for the pilot to be painted and presented. Delays will not occur because the pilot is not ready. Tooling on a figure takes a much shorter time then for the model itself.

The German F-86 has also started production and will be ready for shipping in a short time. There is a new pilot to accompany the German paint scheme. He is much improved from the last pilot.

Patricia II, F-86, in an only 500 piece distribution worldwide is ready and will be shipped soon. I have provided a photo of Patricia II without the weathered flag. I wanted you to see the new paint technique that will accompany the new F-86. We have taken the time and considerable expense to revamp our paint process. Now the silver F-86 will come with three different paints that make up the body of the aircraft. What this does is add an incredible quality of realism and depth to the paint job. Several different panels are masked and painted with either different shades of silver or different finishes of silver to give an incredible depth and natural look to the plane’s finish. I have provided a photo of the new F-86, and you have to look close because the difference is very subtle in photos but very nice in person.

Photos will be available here and on our website later today or tomorrow.

Juneau@1, we apologize for the delay of your receipt of our Panzer IIIL. While we were in China we had six boxes airmailed to our warehouse in Texas. If you ordered directly from us you will receive your tanks within the next week. If you ordered through one of our retailers you will have to wait for the shipment to arrive by boat. I am sure you understand the great expense in airmailing the tanks. We wish we could afford to airmail the whole order to our individual retailers but that was not an option.

Warthog75, I am glad we could help. You the customers are our greatest priority.

Jolly Roger, you asked vintage or modern aircraft… sorry I am not at liberty to say.

KAGNEW, “just before they crash most do!” I laughed for hours readying that one. Everyone here at Admiral Toys thinks that just might be the best response to date on any thread.

Regards,

Jason"
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Wed May 24, 2006 11:35 am

Hi Jason,

Is there any possibility of making the new F-86 pilot available for sale, to those of us wanting to replace our original one? Oh, and when did you say the new A-10 will be out?
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Wed May 24, 2006 2:06 pm

Thanks Jason,
Do you know when the German F-86 will be out? Thanks.
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Wed May 24, 2006 2:19 pm

the German F-86 begs to be painted as Eric Hartmanns black rose nose :idea: bird, to go with my repaint of the Me109G with black rose & "E" :wink: in the red heart on left side. :wink:

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Wed May 24, 2006 2:33 pm

Jericoeagle1 wrote:Hi Jason,

Oh, and when did you say the new A-10 will be out?
That's what I was wondering too?..... :D