Admiral Toys Information Q&A (Jason)

Ask Questions & Chat with representatives of the small scale companies!
Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:01 am

I am just psyched to see what AT has in store. I am not a pocket armor guy. But, your planes seem to hit me where you like it---the wallet. If you ever decided to get into 1-18th armor, I would be happy to oblige more funds. Whatever you got cooking, I am looking forward to it.
Aaron

digger
Officer - Brigadier General

cool

Post by digger » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:12 am

Quixote511 wrote:I am just psyched to see what AT has in store. I am not a pocket armor guy. But, your planes seem to hit me where you like it---the wallet. If you ever decided to get into 1-18th armor, I would be happy to oblige more funds. Whatever you got cooking, I am looking forward to it.
Aaron
I have to agree - I am not an AC guy but the F-86 is a no-brainer - and I would love if AT got into 1:18 armor, the forgotten product. :?

As for the lack of weathering on the 1/72 piece I have to say it is not that catastrophic - some people prefer fresh from the factory even if it is not the style of the times in 1/72. :wink:

easy8
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by easy8 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:05 am

Jason, thanks for your reply and update, sorry to hear about the weathering troubles, but I'm not too concerned about that. I'm just glad you guys are doing what you are doing! I'm sure you'll get the kinks worked out eventually! Can't wait to see your first Panzer!

easy8
"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men."

--General George Patton Jr.

eddie372
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Question for Jason

Post by eddie372 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:29 pm

Hello there Jason:

I've been reading with great interest about the modifications being done on the Sabre. This only means that an already terrific model will be even better.

My question is this: Is it feasable to remove and re-align the pilot's seat in the S1 F-86? Perhaps even release the seat and wedge it up with something? I don't want to damage any of my remaining Sabres by doing something that in your estimation, should not be done in order to preserve the integrity of the model.

Also, could you give us an idea of when the unpainted limited release models will be available?

Oh by the way, several of my friends who have seen my Jolly have already ordered theirs. Guess they coundn't resist, but then again...who could??!

Take care my friend.

Eddie372
The man that loves his job never works a day in his life.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:05 pm

Jason wrote:

"Thank you all for the reassurance that weathering is not the make or break factor in producing 1:72 scale armor. The un-weathered version is still striking.

Eddie372:

Changing the location of the seat is an easy process, making it look good is another story. Let me explain. The seat was originally designed to easily be removed from the airplane. We decided that this function was not necessary and therefore had our facility that manufactures the F-86 glue the seats into position. This means that only glue is holding the seat into position. The seat has a tongue that fits into a slot in the floor of the aircraft. This is where it was glued into position. Wiggling the seat back and forth with an upward pulling motion should break the seat free of its slot.

I have never tried to modify one of our F-86s so I am not sure of the best fix. I would imagine that you could build up the bottom of the chair with one of many materials and glue it back to the floor in the position that you choose. The only problem is that the head rest is attached to the back rail of the chair assembly which is not attached to the seat itself. Therefore if you adjust the position of the chair the headrest will not follow. This means you would have to cut the post that hold the headrest and replace them with longer posts. This would move the headrest location further forward to the new position of the chair.

Of course I cannot support nor endorse the modification of the F-86. We will not replace any broken parts that are caused by persons attempting to modify the aircraft from its original state. This means proceed at your own risk. I know you understand our position.

The unpainted version of the F-86 is completed and will be on the water next week. Look on our website for ordering information in the near future. We will not take preorders for this version; however, I know that many of you have shown an interest. Just for this website, if you chime in here and let me know how many you would be interested in, I will personally have one of our guys at the warehouse set them aside when they arrive. Consider it a Small Scale H.Q. exclusive right of first refusal. Do not worry Eddie372 yours will be waiting for you if you decide to purchase one when they become available on our website. The price will be the same as the standard version. It was no cheaper to produce the unpainted version because of the requirement to adjust the whole assembly process for only 100 aircraft.

Regards,

Jason"
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:20 pm

Jason,

Please have one put aside for me.

Thanks.

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:15 pm

I'll take one as well!
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

JOC
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by JOC » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:14 am

Jason:
Could you please also put one aside for me too?
Thank You
JOC

JohnLumley
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by JohnLumley » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:29 am

Sir Jason:

Please hold one unpainted F-86 for me.

Thanks for the terrific service & support. :D

John Lumley
One hundred and fifty three - 1:18 scale aircraft on the ceiling looks :shock: damn good!

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:04 pm

I would Like one as well
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

Timbo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Timbo » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:22 pm

I just want to clarify. Is this unpainted as in all silver or is it just bare plastic?

Trojan99
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Trojan99 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:44 am

Hi Jason,

Is the new Panzer III on the water yet?

Will the upcoming Panzer III M & H be weathered? What military theater will they be painted for? And when will preorders start?

Thanks,

Tim

easy8
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by easy8 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:02 am

Trojan99 wrote:Hi Jason,

Is the new Panzer III on the water yet?

Will the upcoming Panzer III M & H be weathered? What military theater will they be painted for? And when will preorders start?

Thanks,

Tim
Yeah, what he said! :)

easy8
"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men."

--General George Patton Jr.

eddie372
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

tj

Post by eddie372 » Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:27 am

Thank you Jason for all your commentary in reference to the seat and headrest mods. The entire thing seems very possible and requiring only a modest effort, so I'll defenitely be doing it.

Could you please reserve two of the unpainted version airplanes for me? There are many beautiful paint schemes for this aircraft, and the hard part is deciding which one.

Will this version be the factory modified version you spoke about at an earlier time, or just an unpainted version of the S1?

Again, thank you very much for taking the time to answer or questions and keeping us up to date.

Best regards.
Eddie372

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:45 pm

Jason wrote:

"Tim and Easy8, the Panzer IIIL will be in our shipper’s hands on Monday. This was the earliest scheduling for shipping that we could obtain. We thank everyone for your patience on the first issue of 1:72 scale armor.

Timbo, the un-decorated version will be painted silver and all the difficult areas such as the wheel wells, cockpit, airbrakes will be fully painted. The only thing that will be missing is tampo-printings and decoration on the exterior of the aircraft. Hope this answers your question.

Eddie372, this version will not be the factory modified version. They will be the factory modified version of the F-86.

We have decided to give you a sneak peek of completely new form of engineering we are incorporating into the cockpit of the ME 262. These photos will show you an unpainted version of the cockpit so you can get a sense of how it will turn out.

Admiral Toys Incorporated has improved and pioneered a new design of the 1:18 scale cockpits. We call it “three piece construction.” If you look at the photos you will see that the gauges are cut out of the panel and there is a great sense of depth on the gauge panel. What we have managed to do is have a back piece of paneling that will be decorated with the colors, dashes and numbers of the gauge itself. On top of this piece is a very very thin piece of Clear GP or SAN plastic that will cover the painted gauges. This will give it the look of actual glass on top of the gauge. Then on top of that, the third stage, is put a thin piece of ABS plastic that has the exterior of the gauges etched into it. This piece will be painted the cockpit interior color and will have the ring of the gauge tampo-printed in its correct color. When all of this comes together you have the most realistic version of a cockpit ever seen in 1:18 scale. As you can see from the photo we have learned a lot from our previous productions and master models. We hope you like what you see at this point. A lot of effort and skill went into the design of this cockpit.

I have also attached a photo of the gun-bay. You will see from this photo that the greatest detail has gone into the reproduction of the guns and inner workings of the ME 262. You will notice that there are quite a few individual pieces molded into the gun-bay. This means a lot of painting detail will be accomplished to give a very realistic effect.

Regards,

Jason"

photos to follow..

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:30 pm

Jason wrote:

"Eddie372, I just read what I posted and need to clarify. I kind of let the cat out of the bag. I was not going to tell you about certain modifications that you will see in 18001B (our second paint scheme). Then I got up for a drink of water and came back to my office after talking to a couple of people and did not read my prior sentence. I guess what I am saying is that this un-decorated version has the minor modifications. What I am not telling you is all of the major modifications that will be present on 18001B. We already retooled parts of the aircraft and accessories. I will tell you more in a few weeks.

18001B will be German…oops I did it again. Where’s that damn cat?

Regards,

Jason "

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:33 pm

Jason,
It's nice to hear you guys at Admiral are trying a few new techniques to improve the detail on you products. It is very much appreciated by all of us. Might I suggest including a few of the late war air to air missles with the ME-262. It would look great and allow us to make a different version from the same aircraft.

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:52 pm

Photos from AT...

eddie372
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

To Jason

Post by eddie372 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:54 pm

That's alright Jason, i do love cats! :wink:

The pictures of gun bays and cockpit are very impressive. Once painted, I know that the parts will look very realistic indeed. I'd like to thank you and the entire team at AT for the greatefforts you're making to provide us with evr more realistic models in the 1:18 scale we've come to love so much.

As for the F-86 and its modifications, I'm very excited and in anticipation of the day it becomes available.

Thank you.

Eddie

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:04 pm

Jason, thank you for the update. The instrument panel looks good, can't wait to see it finished.
Thanks,
Todd

digger

Cool

Post by digger » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:03 am

WOW - The gunbay is a complete WOW. I am so glad 1:18 has finally arrived in that regard. Well done AT. :D

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:39 am

Hot Dog--you guys have me stoked.
Aaron

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:09 am

That all looks awesome! Great improvement in detail quality over the F-86, and that plane was darn good to begin with! 21c will have a hard time getting around this, unless they make the engines open as well...
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:37 pm

Ditto on the gun bay digger. It looks great!

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:52 pm

jason

your f86 is great

love all the work you have put into it

21st f86 will be a complement to the AT f86

i think both have there place for collecter both are different enough to warent a purchase

your company just need to save money and keep going and learning as you go. good luck with all of your project i will keep on getting into dept as long as you produce these. lol
whats up doc....