Admiral Toys Information Q&A (Jason)

Ask Questions & Chat with representatives of the small scale companies!
RobC70
Corporal
Corporal

Post by RobC70 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:45 pm

Awesome 262!!! Make a FW190 Anton(not the Dora) and I would buy a bunch:)

I can't believe that nobody has come out with the Anton version. It was one of the most important German fighters of the war besides the BF109.....

CW4USARMY
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by CW4USARMY » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:10 pm

RobC70 wrote:Awesome 262!!! Make a FW190 Anton(not the Dora) and I would buy a bunch:)

I can't believe that nobody has come out with the Anton version. It was one of the most important German fighters of the war besides the BF109.....
I agree, soooooo many great paint schemes too! :D

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:40 pm

Awesome!!! An Me-262 in 1/18 scale.. Might just have to be one I pick up.. :wink:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

JOC
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Where does seat belt attach?

Post by JOC » Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:50 pm

Jason:
My plane arrived with the cockpit and seat belt floating around in the box. I was able to re-attach the cockpit, albeit it will not lock closed, but I am at a loss as to how the seat belt attaches? Can you shed some light on this for me? Also the pilot is really brittle, one good tug and he comes apart. Any suggestions other than to use Super Glue? Mine did have minor smudges but they are overshadowed by the "Wow Factor" this plane has. I am not sorry I ordered this beauty. Any help you can afford in this matter will be appreciated.
Thanks
Jay

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:53 pm

Jason wrote:

"Hello everyone! We are ecstatic with the responses we are receiving with the ME 262. It makes all of our hard work feel appreciated. And we are going to offer an aircraft that you will not be disappointed in purchasing. This is the aircraft that will have you saying WOW! Have confidence that every project teaches us a little more about what can and cannot be done in this hobby.

Thetatau87, you might just be surprised on how detailed this airplane will be. Those doors do open. This is all I will say at this time.

Dubar1: Regarding the ME 262A-1a

When: we expect it to be out the early part of summer. Delays are always a possibility, but I will let you know the second we perceive a delay. No one, especially the manufacture, likes delays.

Where: your local etailer or small hobby store,

How much is yet to be determined.

Morian Miner, the undecorated version of the F-86 has completed production. It is just waiting on a boat. Only 100 were made, but I will personally save one just for you. I know how much you want one. We will soon post the time in which we will accept orders on this version.

Jay aka JOC, I apologize for the loose parts. We hope not to have this problem in future releases. As for the pilot: We changed compounds of PVC plastic when injecting. The original compound was too soft and therefore he easily split in two and fell apart. We went with a stiffer compound to aid in him staying together. Changing compounds is not the best thing to do when you already have it molded with anticipation of using the softer compound. Hind site being 20/20 we should have started over with the pilot. But we had deadlines and obligations on delivery. This mistake will not be made in future projects. You will see a vast improvement in subsequent figures. If you are having issues that cannot be resolved by having a talk with your pilot (just kidding) email us at [email protected] we will replace him (this I am not kidding about). State your problem with the canopy as well.

As for the seatbelt: This is a first and the last for Admiral Toys Incorporated. The seatbelt worked much better on paper and in engineering samples then it did in production. Unfortunately this is all that is available on this particular model. To place it in the aircraft, push the end that has the two pegs into either the slot in the back rest of the seat or slide it in between the headrest and the seat. Then push the separate ends of the lower half into the slots in the armrest of the seat. If you want the seatbelt around the pilot… place the seatbelt over his head and then follow the directions above after placing him in the seat.

Some people have referred to our pilot as looking like an ice cream man. So if you want to, feel free to make a diorama using our pilot and a couple of “push-up-pops” (my personal favorite). He makes me smile every time I look at him.

For all you 1:72 scale tank guys and gals: The Panzer IIIL is finished with injection and paint. We are just finalizing the weathering. I have great respect for the companies that weather their products on a large production level. It is a very difficult process to do, and make it look good. We want it to look good and not overdone. So this week we are finishing the weathering and final production will take only a couple of days. It is safe for us to say that the tank will be on the boat in a week or two.

Thank you again to all for your continued interest and support. Admiral Toys Incorporated perceives every comment as constructive and welcome all comments that may better this great hobby. So let us know what you think can be improved in modeling and we will try to incorporate it into our future releases.

Regards,

Jason"
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Timbo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Timbo » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:13 pm

Looks like my question about the 262 paint scheme got skipped.

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:50 pm

As I hung my F-86 from the ceiling of my "War Room" today, I couldn't help but admire how great it looks, but more importantly, I am ecstatic that a new company has come along that actually cares about the collector and isnt afraid (or too good) to share info and pictures with us on a consistent (emphasis on "consistent") basis. The other guys (companies) drop in now and then and throw us bone or two, and then we dont hear from them for weeks or months. Admiral has come along and shown that good old fashioned customer service and respect hasnt been forgotten. I dont know about you guys but I am getting a little frustrated at being treated as if I am supposed to sit down, shut up and wait since I am not a buyer from a big brick and mortar store. I mean, I'm not asking for production secrets, just a little info as to what the hec is going on!

I'm not trying to start a heated "which company is better" discussion but I mean, hec, Admiral is just starting and has already shown us pics from the production prototype Me-262 which was taken months ago and now looks like we may see them this summer...amazing!!! We've seen production protoype pictures from the other guys taken years ago and still nothing, and I'm not talking about only the Avenger. Admiral also kept us consistently informed as to progress of the F-86, when it was finished, when it was on the water,when it arrived.......what else could you ask for?

OK, enough ranting, but just want to say again how refreshing it is to have Admiral Toys (and their support) as a new player in the 1:18 scale buisness. Although I'll still buy from the other guys, it wont be in multiples as I will from Admiral. (now if we could only get them to make 1:18 Armour :D )

VR,

Andy

Dubar1
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Dubar1 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:51 am

Amen Bro...all we have to do is keep our heads cool so we don't run them off!

digger

Post by digger » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:53 am

Timbo wrote:Looks like my question about the 262 paint scheme got skipped.
Timbo, If you take a look at "Warplanes of the Third Reich" (the book on WWII Luftwaffe) you will see the first 262 on the color profile page is Nowotny's jet from Oct. 1944, and it is distinctly different from the planned AT sheme and sounds different then the one you describe. That said I am sure they are aware of the various schemes attributed to Nowotny but made a choice (correct me if I am wrong). Compared to the image in WTR I think the one AT chose is more interesting.

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: 262

Post by Teamski » Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:03 am

digger wrote:
Timbo wrote:Looks like my question about the 262 paint scheme got skipped.
Timbo, If you take a look at "Warplanes of the Third Reich" (the book on WWII Luftwaffe) you will see the first 262 on the color profile page is Nowotny's jet from Oct. 1944, and it is distinctly different from the planned AT sheme and sounds different then the one you describe. That said I am sure they are aware of the various schemes attributed to Nowotny but made a choice (correct me if I am wrong). Compared to the image in WTR I think the one AT chose is more interesting.
Spence,

To go off topic, I believe the best Book on WWII German planes ever produced is The Warplanes of the Third Reich by William Green, hands down. It is currently out of print, but you can still get it on AMazon for $45. I have both books, and Green's masterpiece is the best of the 2....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/088365 ... oding=UTF8

Along with The Encyclopedia of German Tanks, it is a must-have book!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/185409 ... e&n=283155

Sorry for the hijack!

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

digger

?

Post by digger » Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:09 am

Wait - I thought that's what I said :? ?
Anyway, no hijack - those are both must haves (and I have them both :wink: ) :D

JOC
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by JOC » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:56 am

Jason:
Thank you for responding to my dilema of sorts with the pilot and canopy. I hope you did not think I was complaining about your product, I was not. I really am overwhelmed with the F-86 Jet. My wife, who mostly chastices me for bringing another plane into the house was quite impressed with this model. So in essence, you and Admiral Toys have scored a "Double Whammy" in this household. Can I ask you another question if I may?
I too would really like one undecorated F-86 like out of the factory style, could you hold one for me also? I am on and off the boards so I don't really want to miss this. I will send $$$ ahead if needed.
Thank you again for being so up front about your products, it is greatly appreciated. I usually just stay with WWII aircraft so I have shyed away from other manufactures stuff of newer planes, I'm sure happy though that I jumped at getting this one from you.
Thanks again
Jay (JOC)

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: ?

Post by Teamski » Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:28 pm

digger wrote:Wait - I thought that's what I said :? ?
Anyway, no hijack - those are both must haves (and I have them both :wink: ) :D
LOL!!!! Nice backdoor edit there, Spence!! :lol:

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

digger

hey...

Post by digger » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:28 pm

Wait...I couldn't have edited your quote...right?

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:31 pm

Jason,

I much appreciate the offer, and can't wait.

Thanks.

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:02 pm

Any set timeframe expected for the Me-262???? :D
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:14 pm

summer..

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:16 am

yes!!
$8.00 SAVED UP SO FAR.
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

thetatau87
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by thetatau87 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:01 am

STUKA wrote:yes!!
$8.00 SAVED UP SO FAR.
Good to see some one actually saving up money to buy something. The buy now, pay later philosophy has destroyed far too many people's financial future.

I use a credit card for most of my purchases, but I never spend more than I have and the balance is paid in full every month.

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:05 am

Yes knowing that something has a tentative date helps -
it never fails when something new comes out - I'm usually blindsided with 8-10 new things and the money to purchase one item. very frustrating.

The walmart layaway policy is also a life saver. If only TRU would step up and do the same. They will only hold an item for 12-24 hours.
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

easy8
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by easy8 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:32 am

Jason, any updates on the Panzer III? How did the weathering process go? Are they close to being on the water yet?

easy8
"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men."

--General George Patton Jr.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:25 pm

Jason wrote:

"Easy8, The good news is that the Panzer IIIL is almost done with production. We are waiting for sales boxes to put them in. We approved the sales box awhile ago however the Printer we use was backed up on other projects; therefore, we are waiting on printed sales boxes. We personally think the sales box is a work of art. I hope you are as impressed with its design. It is like nothing else on the market.

The bad news, or not the news you wanted to here, is that the weathering did not go as planed. I am going to China for a couple of weeks to give, or get, a lesson in “production line weathering.” It really is a difficult process to do and make it look good. For the skilled home modeler weathering can be a little tricky, imagine repeating the process over and over and over with consistency and realism. We really do respect the companies that have perfected this process. We just need to learn how they do it! At this time we are on very tight time restraints with the Panzer; therefore, we are going to release it without weathering. Do not get me wrong, it will have great paint and tampo-printing. But the war weathered look that is becoming so popular will not be present on our first release. We look at it this way: It is Admiral Toys Incorporated first release and should be an exercise in tooling. We know you will like the detail of the injected pieces and the individually painted tools and parts. Our next release which is tight on the heels of the L model will incorporate some weathering. No matter what scale you are dealing with, a learning process takes place. In this case thousands of people get to have a front row seat to the process. Hey, look at it this way, the Panzer IIIL will hopefully be the only non-weathered tank released by Admiral Toys Incorporated. Maybe it will be that much more collectable in the years to come!

For all you 1:18 guys and gals: Another reason I am going to China in a couple of weeks is to sign off on production of the ME 262. I have a hunch that you will like this one and you will see just how far we have come in such a short time.

Insider info: we think I will be in China for a couple of weeks. It doesn’t take that long to approve a model and learn about weathering. This means I will be “looking at” and brainstorming with our facility on a couple of different “things” that I have not even hinted about. This year will be fun. You will see a lot of stuff between all of the manufacturers.

Regards,

Jason"

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:24 pm

aferguson wrote:Jason wrote:

Insider info: we think I will be in China for a couple of weeks. It doesn’t take that long to approve a model and learn about weathering. This means I will be “looking at” and brainstorming with our facility on a couple of different “things” that I have not even hinted about. This year will be fun. You will see a lot of stuff between all of the manufacturers.

Regards,

Jason"
And it just keeps getting better all the time.

*by the way, just because I don't post as much as I used to don't think I've forgotten about the A-10. I'm just to weak from hunger to move my hands anymore.
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:41 pm

Let me formally second that A-10 thought!!!

:wink: :D

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:43 pm

I too want to chime in on the A-10! Anytime you guys are ready.
Todd