posting pics on the web (a How to guide)

For all Forum, Computer, Message Board, or help threads!
Barbarian333
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: posting pics on the web (a How to guide)

Post by Barbarian333 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:44 pm

PanzerArm
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by PanzerArm » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:08 pm

Darn signature!

derek_001
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by derek_001 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:19 am

WESTERN OKLAHOME R/C AIRCRAFT & MODEL COLLECTER

[CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO VIEW MY COLLECTIONS]

http://forums.fighting118th.com/album.php?u=363

"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

aae83
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by aae83 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:17 am

Wanted to post an observation for folks who are not already committed to sites like photobucket or imageshack for their image posting. I can't speak for anyone else but personally find it really annoying when my following a posted link to XD-related images pops open links to travel, singles ads, etc. I have pop-up blockers turned on, but sometimes this crap sneaks through anyway.

Google's Picasa Web Albums site allows posting a link that "embeds" an image in a forum posting, bypassing pop-ups. (Maybe other sites have this capability; if so, it'd be nice if more people used it. :)) Registration for Picasa is free, and you're allocated 1GB of storage for your photos. You can purchase more storage if needed (currently 20GB is $5/year). FWIW, I've never had a google site pop open a window on me.

If you want to share your photo album/images on Picasa, you have to specify who has access. Here's an example of the album settings dialogue, configured to allow third parties to see the images.

Once the album is configured, you can either link to the album itself, or to an individual image within the album. Here's an example Picasa dialogue for linking to an individual, embedded image.

Here's the resulting example image link (highlighted above), which can be embedded in a forum posting by copying and pasting the text between Image tags. The example below is first without tags and second with tags.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-8F_8gq-Lgu4/TvASoGRMokI/AAAAAAAAAJQ/kWydkqKE7BE/s800/IMG_2342_sm.jpg

Hope this is helpful.

-- aae83
Was it for this my life I sought? Maybe so, and maybe not...

Axis Nightmare

Post by Axis Nightmare » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:26 pm

Well I thank all for the info. I have many pics of 1/18 displays from our Museum and have avoided the BST Forum since I couldn't figure out how to attach a photo. This is a wonderful Forum but if it only had a simple"add attachments" button like even the simplist e-mail, Craigslist or even e-bay (which I haven't used in years) it would be so nice! For those I just plug in the sandisk from the camera and upload any picture on it. Having to use an additional step and use photobucket doesn't make any sense. Seems it would be jumping through more hoops than the simple method. :)

What makes the P-51 Mustang so special?

"It would do for 8 hours what a Spitfire would do for 45 minutes."

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager

derek_001
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by derek_001 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:48 am

Axis Nightmare wrote:Well I thank all for the info. I have many pics of 1/18 displays from our Museum and have avoided the BST Forum since I couldn't figure out how to attach a photo. This is a wonderful Forum but if it only had a simple"add attachments" button like even the simplist e-mail, Craigslist or even e-bay (which I haven't used in years) it would be so nice! For those I just plug in the sandisk from the camera and upload any picture on it. Having to use an additional step and use photobucket doesn't make any sense. Seems it would be jumping through more hoops than the simple method. :)
exactly... if fighting118th has it sshq should after all most sshq members think sshq is better then fighting118th but not without the attachment app.....
WESTERN OKLAHOME R/C AIRCRAFT & MODEL COLLECTER

[CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO VIEW MY COLLECTIONS]

http://forums.fighting118th.com/album.php?u=363

"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:49 pm

Blah,blah,blah, blah, okay you get it, just tired of seeing this dudes name :D

iballdriver
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by iballdriver » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:22 pm

when i right click into my reply field, it won't copy. trying to post some pics off photobuckect.
anyone else having this issue?
thanks,
bc
coleslaw is a condiment.
Good Trader: Delta Team
vulgarvulture

iballdriver
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by iballdriver » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:46 pm

looks like an IE problem. was able to post pics with no issue on firefox.
bc
coleslaw is a condiment.
Good Trader: Delta Team
vulgarvulture

Axis Nightmare

Post by Axis Nightmare » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:11 am

iballdriver wrote:looks like an IE problem. was able to post pics with no issue on firefox.
bc
Not a whiz at this stuff and have yet to be able to post an avatar that doesn't disappear after a few minutes of being there, but I have been able to post pictures with relative ease. Took a while but I got the hang of it. Photobucket has been fine for me. I place the cursor on the pic. I want, the drop down box appears. I LEFT click the picture I.D. and it says "copied" then RIGHT click in the reply field and when that drop down box appears, click PASTE. I then "PREVIEW" and there is is. I was quite amazed that something actually worked as it was "supposed" to, especially since I still have the dreaded Windows Vista. :roll:

What makes the P-51 Mustang so special?

"It would do for 8 hours what a Spitfire would do for 45 minutes."

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager

Mad Sam
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Mad Sam » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:14 pm

Sam's Texan photo Yeovilton 2013 Image