FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED...

For all Forum, Computer, Message Board, or help threads!
p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED...

Post by p51 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:10 am

Hey guys,
So I know the forums have been filled with spam (so have my other forums)... with some help tonight (it's currently 3:10am, been working on this for a few hours) with a phpBB expert, I got a new phpBB installed with some 'beta' features to help block spammers. Hopefully this does the trick. I went and cleaned out anyone who hasn't activated their account, deleted bad posts that I could see, and am in the process of IDing currently registered users for deletion. This should also resolve ALL registration problems in the future, including changing e-mails. (meaning that if you have a problem registering, it's on your end). This should solve a ton of the problems that were going on on the site. Unfortunatly, the backup of the database we used to do the update was an older update from yesterday, so anything posted on the site from 12-3am PST was lost. But it appears that it wasn't that much anyway.

So, I'm going to get some well needed sleep, and then I'll be back to work on it all a bit more in the morning to finally clear all the spammers out for good.