DOMAIN STATUS AND EXPLAINATION

For all Forum, Computer, Message Board, or help threads!
p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

DOMAIN STATUS AND EXPLAINATION

Post by p51 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:50 am

Hey Guys! Okay, so wow... this all happened so fast! I had no idea the domain was about to expire. Never got the notices. Obviously, being that this domain is on my primary aviation photography site... it was pretty scary last night until the DNS could get back up. Thankfully, my good friend Nick (the server guy) was able to snag the domain in time. Nick had, a few years ago, bought the domain for me as a thank you gift. Well, we both forgot it was on some other domain service that doesn't auto renew. So, here it is and was about to expire. I haven't been home much lately... so I didn't get the info until just recently last night. The good news is that in about 3 months, I'm going to transfer the domain over to the service I normally use (domainmaze.com) and have it so it automatically renews each year. One that happens, like my other domains, we'll never have this problem again. I want to thank everyone who tried really hard to get ahold of me. Finally, someone actually called me tonight. I know right now it can be difficult with me being away from the computer quite a bit. So, I will be giving my cell phone number to Aferg, Teamski, Digger, and TKo211. Actually, Zach (TKO211) actually has my phone number already. But they will be the people you can contact to contact me if there's an emergency.

So... where have I been? I know... it's been some time! I've been lurking quite a bit recently. Mostly in between times where I've been very busy. I've been trying to keep up on the latest news and such... though it's been a bit silent lately from all companies. I haven't even heard from 21st lately! I've been quite busy with Disneyland related activities here in California. I'm based in the SoCal area, so between Disneyland and Aviation (they call SoCal one of the nation's warbird capitols) photo shoots... it's been hectic. I've actually worked my way (and it's been a tough climb) to be (from what I'm told) a 'legend' at Disneyland... and I'm there photographing cast members (mostly characters and parades) and expieriencing things there that normal guest, and even VIP at times, will never get to expierience. And on top of that... I may be auditioning to be the Dark Lord of the Sith at the park soon for fun. Aviation wise... I just went up with the Orange County Sheriff in their new ASTAR helicopter and did the first helicopter air-to-air shoot I've ever done with the 3 Costa Mesa Police Department Eurocopters... which they had been planning for nearly 10 years! So quite a lot! I'm waiting for things to start to get a little lighter, and then I'll be back to normal. But I wanted to thank you all for your support of these forums. This has turned into an amazing community of friends, far beyond just collectors discussing military collectables.

I hope to chat with you all again soon on the boards... and rest assured that there's nothing to worry about now that the domain has been renewed. Once it's transfered to domain maze (we have to wait 60 days since it was just reregistered), there's no way it can expire.

Thanks everyone!
Last edited by p51 on Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kevrut
Officer - Brigadier General

xd

Post by kevrut » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:56 am

Thanks, great hearing from you again. :)

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:16 am

Britt! I am glad to see you are alive bro. I was getting worried. You may have to mail me your phone number again... I had to get a new phone. (long story but basically phones dont like being under water) anyway I no longer have your number programmed in my phone / planner.

MG-42

Site is Saved !

Post by MG-42 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:27 am

:shock: .... This is great news ! .... I never ran into any difficulty like some other members did ,... weird. :roll: .... Well,.. anyway I'm real glad this site is saved. :D ... I've actually made some friends here. :P ... Thanks P-51 ! .. :) ... and thanks for making this such a fun site too. ... Glad your back on track. 8)
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:33 am

Glad to hear your alive and kicking. :D

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:58 am

PHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:14 am

Hey P51 :D

Thank`s very much for the heads up on the future transfere & also glad to see things are great in the real world for you.

As for here,well we all know we`re lucky to be on the best & friendliest site there is :D

Ja
Steel Bonnet

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:08 pm

Great to hear that the sight is back on line i have just got back in from a weekend away and needed to check the sight. (i went to a net cafe and was very worried when the sight didn't come up Thanks to SteelBonnet though for keeping me informed)

Hanomag
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Hanomag » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:16 pm

Thanks for the heart attck last night. :D

Glad to hear it all worked out...I was worried as this is the only board I post on. I started to feel cold all over when I went to bed.

Good lucking turning toward the Dark Side!

-H

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:59 pm

Whew Britt! You had us all scared as hell, hehehehe..

Glad everything is working out for you, mate!! :)

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:18 pm

Britt, glad you're back in the loop and that you are healthy. Some members thought your absence might be due to more than a busy life. :-)

Please share out thanks again to Nick. When I contacted him yesterday and let him know what was happening, he didn't even think twice about it and started fixing the problem right away.

He indicated the only warbird he had was a 21st Century FW-190, so if he has a favorite plane besides that one I'm sure we can hook him up.

In addition to the domain issues, we've been having some administrative problems as well. Registrations not working, account problems, spammers, site backups, and an older version of PHPBB that is missing several security patches.

Do you have a plan to address those as well as ongoing phpbb administration?

Thanks again and welcome back!
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:49 pm

I Knew you were busy. I never would have guessed that you had so many things working at once. Glad to see that everything worked out ok. Hope you got the message today. Just a precaution you understand. :wink:

Mark

PS. You are my hero.
I'm a legend in my own mind.

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:53 pm

Glad to hear you are ok and everything is going well for you Britt. Looking forward to seeing you back this winter.
Aaron

My pathetic fantasy football team:

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1804/polocksia2.jpg[/img][/url]

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:09 pm

Britt glad to hear all is OK. Sounds like your living the fun life now. Keep up the good work. Thanks for having this forum.
Todd

Coreyeagle48

Britt

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:20 pm

Britt,

Glad to see you are still around. I enjoy looking at all that great airshow photography from you as it gives me ideas for my own airshow shots and how to take better photos. Some time in the future I want to speak with you if possible as I want to invest in a new camera and perhaps you know a good one to buy for airshow photography.

Glad to see the forum is running on all 12 cylinders. Unfortunately and unlike the other board members, I'm used to this sort of thing. Last year the school I worked for changed over to a new domain name and it caused a disaster. The site kept going on and off and it made all the teachers and the parents crazy. Glad to hear everything is back up for us and running smoothly.

Thanks for hosting this forum Britt.