Old Members

For all Forum, Computer, Message Board, or help threads!
macvsog
Sergeant
Sergeant

Old Members

Post by macvsog » Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:22 pm

So, I hate to start this out on a negative note... and if this is not needed, then please delete this post, however i have one issue that i think we should all as members address.

What is to do done with past "banned" members.

some things with the exception of audie murphey may have taken place before p51 was a member, i can't remember when he came on.

anyways, members like genpete and genmike and one i can't remember, who called us all pedaphiles and such... as well as audie murphy and a few more have been banned for insane behavior by GP.

It is my view that those members should remained banned, but may somehow be able to contact p51 or make an appeal to the board members and we can all decide what we want to do on an individual basis. Or perhaps that isn't needed and they should all just remain banned? or maybe p51 wants to start all new and allow anyone to join?

its really up to him, but my two cents are that they showed us that they were not good for our community when it was gpxd, and they will not be good for us now.

However, again i could easily be wrong and i would like to hear what you all think.

i don't mean to be a downer, its just "housekeeping" i guess we have to just get out of the way as fast as possible.

and again p1 really has the final say in that.

-mike-
-mike-

http://community.webshots.com/user/macvsog101st

Coreyeagle48
Officer - Brigadier General

good points

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:44 pm

Mike,

I don't think you are being negitative at all, just have legtimate concerns that I think we all are a little worried about at the present time. It wasn't like we were expecting to swtich boards suddenly.

I agree with you, some of those guys banned should not be allowed back here. Simple reason is they caused a lot more problems than we all need from a simple message board. I think 51 has been made aware of that concern and he will watch things closely. I think if people act mature and grown up we have very little problems, it is the people that can act like jerks that cause the most grief on a board such as this one. I belong to several boards and that is always the way it is, a few jerks try to ruin it for all.

So far so good. My suggestion is someone should do a sticky post on GP's forum, let everyone know where this board is and hopefully people will join up and most of our current group will get on here and be a part of the fun.

Corey

victory
Sergeant
Sergeant

victory

Post by victory » Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:26 pm

You raise an excellent point Mike. I believe each of the banned members have left an IP computer address on record and aferguson should have those. It would be nice if our administrator could be given these and have them just for future reference or need in order to identify potential trouble makers.

toyktdlgh

yep

Post by toyktdlgh » Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:54 pm

They certainly should not be allowed to post here. This is a problem that I'm sure that P-51 will address in time. Meanwhile it sure is nice to see you all here. :lol:

brett

banned members

Post by brett » Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:20 pm

I think they should stay banned if they were on Groundpounders.

Its great to see everybody on the new board!

laughinggravy2
Corporal
Corporal

Post by laughinggravy2 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:54 am

Most of you old-timers know me as the guy who speaks his mind, lays it all out, and doesn't mince words. I've had my run-ins with some of those banned from GP's, and had a more-than-passing-involvement in some of those bannings. I don't particularly care to share a board with troublemakers, thieves, or those who would seek to insult the US.

Having said that, I'd also like to say that a new board is a new board. A chance for everyone to go back to zero posts, maybe even change their name a bit. A chance for the good guys to look even better, and a chance for the bad-guys to try and turn over a new leaf without the stigma of past experiences. Just like that dreaded "permanent record" that they always had hanging over your head throughout your school years that never existed, I think that the board should be left open for membership without bringing what happened from another board into play.

I'm not a touchy-feely, kumbaya, gimme-a-hug, bleeding-heart, let's-go-make-smores, kinda guy. But I think that any chronic troublemaker can be dealt with as the need arises, rather than automatically refusing participation of anyone off the bat.

Just my two cents.

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:53 pm

I believe you are right LG. About the hugs part. :lol: Just teasing. Finding the banned persons IP#s and pre-banning them would probably not work out anyway. It only tool Aferg a short time to boot old Audie off the board anyway. I know this probably sounds bad but I kind of enjoyed watching the whole thing unfold. Everyone knows the rules and if you break them you have got some explaining to do. :wink:

Rylau
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Test

Post by Rylau » Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:58 pm

Nice Job,Thanks Bob

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:45 am

I like to consider myself one of the "old-timers" from GP's site... Actually I recall when it was started even, so I'm pretty sure I'm one of the originals from there...

Just checking in, saying my hello's and acknowledging that I've signed on.

I still say that for this forum to gain more recognition, a nicely maintained mainpage with news, photos, info and such (sponsors, sponsors, sponsors) would help. P-51 may not wanna handle it, but if anyone does want to take it on I'd gladly offer any advice I was able to from working for two sites myself currently.

GP's leaving should be embraced as a chance to make a stronger community... Remember that!
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!