HELP !!!!!!!!!

For all Forum, Computer, Message Board, or help threads!
Snake Man
Sergeant
Sergeant

HELP !!!!!!!!!

Post by Snake Man » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:52 pm

I got a new laptop, and I don't remember the password to log on to this site. I signed up so long ago that I don't remember which email address I used at the time, and in order to use the "forgot password" feature, I have to use whatever email address I originally signed in with. I'm scratching at the door and can't get in !! I know my user name, but the password and original email address is long ago forgotten. HELP !!!!

Studly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!

Post by Studly » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:03 am

Hey Mate. PM Britt (P51) he might be able to access it as a Admin.

Cheers
Studly

Snake Man
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Snake Man » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:07 am

Studly wrote:Hey Mate. PM Britt (P51) he might be able to access it as a Admin.

Cheers
Studly
I tried that, and never got a reply !!

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:10 pm

I never got a message from you. What account are you posting with for this?

Snake Man
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Snake Man » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:03 am

p51 wrote:I never got a message from you. What account are you posting with for this?
I used the PM link on your profile page. That was the only contact possibility I could find anywhere on this site. Perhaps it didn't go through because I could not log in ?

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:26 pm

You're logged into an account right now with over 200 posts. What was your old account name?

[CAT]CplSlade
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:15 pm

And the account started in 2010. Is he using an older account now? He seems to be logging in to me.

Snake Man
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Snake Man » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:22 am

[CAT]CplSlade wrote:And the account started in 2010. Is he using an older account now? He seems to be logging in to me.
Apparently you are missing my point. I usually use my desk top computer, which logs me in automatically. I got a NEW laptop for traveling, and I cannot log in on it because I forgot my original log in info. Trying to log in on my NEW laptop cannot be done without my original log in info. Once I am able to get in, I will be able to save my log in info on it to log me in automatically just like my home desk top. I guess the system does not know it is me based on just my user name when using my new laptop, which I ONLY use when traveling. I am still using my original user name. I'm not much of a computer geek, so that's the best explanation I can give.

MY ORIGINAL POST : I got a new laptop, and I don't remember the password to log on to this site. I signed up so long ago that I don't remember which email address I used at the time, and in order to use the "forgot password" feature, I have to use whatever email address I originally signed in with. I'm scratching at the door and can't get in !! I know my user name, but the password and original email address is long ago forgotten. HELP !!!!

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:30 am

Okay, it wasn't clear you were posting from a different computer but I see what you doing now.

Consider yourself lucky you were able to log in from there, as I find sometimes it kicks me out of auto login and I have to re-enter my info.

Snake Man
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Snake Man » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:39 am

[CAT]CplSlade wrote:Okay, it wasn't clear you were posting from a different computer but I see what you doing now.

Consider yourself lucky you were able to log in from there, as I find sometimes it kicks me out of auto login and I have to re-enter my info.
I am at home now, so this conversation is being conducted on my HOME computer. I was NOT able to do it on my NEW laptop while I was away from home !

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:49 am

Does it not let you view your profile? Your email that you used is listed there, which would let you know where the reset link is going.

Snake Man
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Snake Man » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:50 am

[CAT]CplSlade wrote:Does it not let you view your profile? Your email that you used is listed there, which would let you know where the reset link is going.
There is no email address shown in my profile, only a PM link.

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:21 pm

I see an email for you... in fact it's also under your posts as well. It's set publically viewable, so not sure why you don't see it. It's [email protected]

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:15 pm

Snake Man wrote:
[CAT]CplSlade wrote:Does it not let you view your profile? Your email that you used is listed there, which would let you know where the reset link is going.
There is no email address shown in my profile, only a PM link.
Not the profile linked at the bottom of your posts that other people see.

1. Go to USER CONTROL PANEL in the green bar at top of page.

2. In the small panel on the left marked OPTIONS select EDIT ACCOUNT SETTINGS

3. Your email address should show in the input box under your username in the right-hand panel. You can change it from there to your current address.