New Members Introduce Yourselves!

For all Forum, Computer, Message Board, or help threads!
Phaid
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Phaid » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:49 am

Howdy folks. I originally joined back over the summer, only to have my account get nuked by the anti spam thing before I could post. Been lurking since then, this board has been a wealth of information and I've been itching to participate.

I'm in New Windsor, NY, and I collect 1/6 and 1/18 modern stuff mostly. I do a little bit of customizing on my 1/18 figures, pretty much limited to head and gear swaps at this point though.

Great to finally (again) be on board.

Ruger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ruger » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:03 pm

August 15th. That's the date I registered for this site. Several rounds of account activations passed, but to no avail, I could still not log in. I would rack my brain daily trying to figure out just what I could do. I sent email after email (well, I sent one, and then another... but I did send them after one another so that description still counts right?) to Britt. And I think even to the automated system that sent the first activation email, but I had no luck.

I debated abusing the comment section on BadCat's site to ask for assistance, but decided not to. I was pondering the idea of contacting one of the rare members here who has their email availible, but couldn't decide if that would be appropriate.

Then someone else did just that. They contacted "ChairmanMilo" and he posted a copy of the email in a thread in the forum threads area. I decided to do the same, and sent ChairmanMilo a copy of an email I'd sent to Britt. In the email I tried to offer as much proof as I could that I was not a spammer. Pictures, links to posts I've made at BadCat, a link to my Myspace where my picture can be verified to be me... Anything I could think of, for I was sure that Britt had decided that I was nothing more than a two-bit spammer and was not worthy of actual account activation.

But it seemed it was all for naught. Days, weeks, and even months went by, but never could I log in. So many comments I could never express. So many finds I could not alert others to. There was a thread about interesting stories from veterans that I wanted to add to, but time passed by with no change. At nighttime I would regale my girlfriend with bits of knowledge I had picked up on "That site I can't join", as we would call it. We watched the diorama contest build, and then the final results, sadly admitting I was nowhere near that good.

And then suddenly, after I'd almost given up all hope and resigned myself to never being able to do anything more than lurk here... Everything changed! I read the posts, clicked the link, and activated my account! I was in! The joy in my household was almost overwhelming! I was excited, my girlfriend was excited for me, the dogs were excited because, well, they're dogs. They think me standing up is reason enough for excitement.

By now I'm sure you're wondering why I've told you this entire story...

Mainly, it's because after almost four months of anxiously awaiting the moment I could finally post here, I never really thought about a good introductory post.

Sorry.

My name is Matt. I'm in Central CA. I'm 32. I collect 1:32 scale, mostly armor, but anything 1:32 is good. I've even got a 1:32 Volkswagen half destroyed to appear as roadside debris next to an M1.

That's about it. Oh yeah, and I can't type with more then three fingers, so it goes really slow...

MV
"When I went into Kuwait I had 39 tanks, after six weeks of air bombardment, I had 32 left. After 20 minutes in action against the M1's, I had none." Iraqi BN Cdr, 1991
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/CanteenX/Blowing-Smoke-sig.jpg[/img]

RED
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by RED » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:29 pm

WELCOME BROTHERS!!!!---RED---
[size=150][/size]"Take your time.Stay away from the easy going.Never go the same way twice."---GySgt Charles C. Arndt on patrolling on Guadalcanal,1942[color=#BF0000][/color]

acisne
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by acisne » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:49 am

Hey Fellas! My name is Al and Houston is my AO. I joined back in the summer, but as with other, the anti-spam filter kept me away, so I just lurked.

I belong to several 1/18 diecast forums and we have several members that collect 1/18 planes. Some have been able to sign in, some have not.

I collect anything 1/18! so the planes were a natural progression.

Great forum, and I plan to add as much as I can.

Forward Observer
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Forward Observer » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:01 am

Hi guys, I am new also--just registered a couple of days ago.

I was always a modeler as a kid and still have dabbled with kit building as an adult although I haven't done much with plastic, but instead have built quite a few wood, brass, and steel cannons that can actually be shot using black powder--I probably have over 30 or so in my collection now. I was in the artillery in Vietnam back in 1969 and have aways been a bit of a pyromaniac. ,

Anyway, being an avid WW II combat flight Sim enthusiast since about 1999, I jumped on one of the 21st Century Bf109 E-4's when they first came out, but I stopped after my wife (now ex-wife) thew a fit about it.

After she left about 4 years ago, I snagged an early Stuka, but I stopped again because I had moved to a small apartment and just didn't have the room. Now I live in larger condo and having just retired last month, I decided I needed a Spitfire to have at least a trio of Battle of Britain war birds. I had to go on EBay to find one and snagged it for not to much more than they sold for back in the day. I also picked up a P51 "Old Crow" at a bargain price.

From there, I sort of went nuts though, and bought a Tiger 1 (the dark grey) a Panther, an M41 Walker, an M48A3 Patton, a Sherman, M3A4 half-track, a Pak 40, 2 Sdkfz--one regular and one Pioneer---so there's been a new toy on my doorstep almost every day for the last week, which has made me feel like a kid again at Christmas.

Now if they would only make a Hurricane, and Ju-88, and a Heinkel 111, I'd have all the major birds for the BOB (the last two probably won't happen, but hey--I hear a B-25 is in the works)

This looks like a fun site, and I hope I have something to contribute off and on in the future.

Cheers
Artillery brings dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl

RED
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by RED » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:50 pm

Good to have ya'!!!!---RED---
[size=150][/size]"Take your time.Stay away from the easy going.Never go the same way twice."---GySgt Charles C. Arndt on patrolling on Guadalcanal,1942[color=#BF0000][/color]

Fritzkrieg
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Fritzkrieg » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:33 pm

Hey Guys,

I've been looking for a forum, like this for some time now, and was very excited when I finally stumbled across this board. Some of you may know me from some of the custom work I've been doing over the years. My primary focus is 1:18th Scale custom figures and vehicles. I've been collecting 1:18th and 1:6th Scale German stuff since 21st Century started the XD line. I've been looking for a good resource to help me develop my WWII customizing techniques. I also hope I can offer some of the knowledge I have learned over the years as customizer and modeler.

Col.Pickle
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Col.Pickle » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:41 am

Glad you found us Fritz! Welcome aboard!
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General Patton

ChairmanMilo
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by ChairmanMilo » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:59 am

Welcome Fritz! That's an awesome avatar you've got there.

Jagdpanther
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jagdpanther » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:39 am

Welcome! :D
[img88]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s281/army5551/160392_1114600356-1.jpg[/img88]

cranedriver
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

First Timer Here

Post by cranedriver » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:45 am

Hi,

I am new to the boards. I found this site after I got into the 21st Century figures. I like to customize so I will be posting some of my work soon. I mainly stick to Vietnam era. As you can see by the avatar I am a Star Wars fan as well.
Is that you John Wayne, this is me!!

cmderinchief
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by cmderinchief » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:23 pm

Greetings all. I went on a bit of a hiatus from the site. I dug up my old bookmarks and decided to drop back in. I am located near Indianapolis. I collect all things military in 1:18th scale. I'll be checking out the site more often.
www.JOhio.org - Admin | www.JoeBattleLines.com - Mod | CFB - President | GIJCC - Member

A snappier sig to follow......

Der Kommandant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Der Kommandant » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:05 pm

Hello all. New guy here. I've been looking for a forum like this; glad to see people care about this hobby as much as I do. It's depressing to see stacks of dusty Forces of Valor Stugs at my Targets, so seeing people who care about collecting 1:32 as I like to is gratifying. Most of my collection centers on Forces of Valor. I'm very glad to be here, and will contribute my best.

Dauntless
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Dauntless » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:25 pm

I was born in the South Pacific at a place called Canton Island (near Tarawa) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canton_Island

to an American father in the USAAF and Australian mother who worked for Quantas Airlines, back when it was all propeller driven aircraft.

During my childhood years I was always around military aircraft and hardware, wartime wrecks etc. typical of a 1950's Pacific island airbase, which also doubled as a PanAm civilian stop over to Australia and the lower Pacific.

Canton was one of the first outlying islands that was occupied by US forces in 1942, and one of the launching islands for attacks against Tarawa and Makin. Interesting history that I am just rediscovering since more info and history gets on the internet.

Found this site about 2 years ago. I lurked here for a while, then registered last summer.
Great site.
Always been interested in WWII airplanes since I was a kid, watched every war movie I could, read some books mostly about the great air battles. Built quite a few 1/72 airplane models as a kid, till one day my friend and I as we hit our teens hung each and every one of them up with fishline and BB-gunned them all.

Now I'm an adult, and when I first saw all the cool 1/6 scale 21st Century vehicles, I bought every one I could, along with many GI Joes.

When the 21st 1/18 ME-109 and P-51's came out I freaked, and that's what got me started on the 1:18 line. I have bought most everything from that scale since, give or take a few uber-rare ones.

I have almost every 1:32 airplane also, most of the armor, and have been filling in the gaps here and there lately.

Going to start doing a few 1:32 models, and will eventually star painting a few of my 1:18 planes. This is a great site for reference and people who do a lot of it themselves.
Last edited by Dauntless on Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

Rogue 01
Sergeant
Sergeant

Hello new member

Post by Rogue 01 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:28 pm

Hello to all and happy holidays
I'm new here i like collecting 1/18 1/6 1/32 1/72 figures and I'm a big fan of star wars al so collecting all , Member of the 501st. legion

I all ways visit this page since tree years but now I finally join the ranks

Thanks all you all have been inspiring me to keep up with collecting an customizing

Thank you all
Never Under estimate the power Of the Force

Aslav
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Aslav » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:31 pm

Hey everybody, Seasons greetings.
Another bitten by the 1/18th bug.
Did a lot of 1/32 models (armor + aircraft) as a kid.
Got into 1/6 in my 20's, now in my 30's and becoming addicted to 1/18th.
Oh yeah I come from the land Down Under, so G'day to all the Aussies and Kiwi's on the forum.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:09 am

Welcome to all the new members!
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

gramps
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: New Members Introduce Yourselves!

Post by gramps » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:06 am

Hi all,
Have checked in from time to time on this forum, finally got off my duff and joined. Enjoy all scales in general, particularly 1/6 and 1/18, primarily figures, but if it's neat looking, whatever scale, I have to at least look at it. :D

h60mech
Private First Class
Private First Class

Newby here

Post by h60mech » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:28 pm

Just joined the site. Been collect for some time but can never find out info. Hopefully this site will help
"When once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,
for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

glcanon
Corporal
Corporal

Post by glcanon » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:42 pm

I collect primarily 1/72 aircraft, but I do have a couple larger scale aircraft in collect, namely a 1/144 "Bock's Car" B-29 and a 1/48 "Old Crow" signed by Bud Anderson.

I think it would be neat if I could get Chuck Yeager to sign one of my Glamorous Glenn P-51's or have Pres. Geo. H.W. Bush sign my 1/72 Avenger in his original livery.

I try to keep my small collection to what will fit in my glass shelves, which keeps the addiction fm spreading, as well as the dust off of everything.
1/72 is a good scale for collecting; anything bigger starts to take up too much room, and becomes much pricier. Anything smaller lacks detail.

LIVEVIL
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by LIVEVIL » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:46 pm

Hello, everyone. :twisted:

I've been a long time lurker for a few years but now just registered.

Some of you might know me from joecustoms.com as a customizer of GI Joe figures. I've mostly been into GI Joe and other 1:18 customs but every now and then do 1:35 and 1:72 models.
I am consistently impressed and inspired by the amount of talent presented here and hope to impress and inspire in kind.

Thanks, everyone...
[b]LIVEVIL[/b]

Ec5
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ec5 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:12 pm

been learing alot of information from this forum been reading post on here for about 2 months now and finally decide to join thnaks to everyone for all the helpfull information.
wish i was an f-14 pilot

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:27 am

Hi and welcome aboard. :)
Trade References: JOC, IMMEWW2, Razor17019, KAMIKAZE, caesarbc, momaw nadon, supersonicfifi, Tambo, USMA07, bigsarge, American Grenadier, YT, Crazy Kraut, C00per, AV-8B Driver, cjg476, Buckyroo, aae83

C130IM
Sergeant
Sergeant

Not new but been offline for sometime

Post by C130IM » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:47 am

Hey everyone. I've been a member of this forum and the old GPXD forum for a long time. I don't typically don't post a lot so I guess my account went inactive.

I'm a collector of 1/18 scale military vehicles from the early days of 21st Century Toys to present with BBI and FOV. This includes the Star Wars vehicles and figures.

I also do custom and scratchbuild my own military and sci-fi vehicles in 1/18 scale.

Chad

vince_chua
Corporal
Corporal

Post by vince_chua » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:02 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm from Singapore and I recollected the 1:18 Joes in late 2008. I read about all the amazing stuff BBI has produced and now I'm also trying to collect them(A bit late I know)

But fortunately, I managed to buy the BBI 1:18 Pave Hawk and Apache just last Sunday. :D
I also managed to persuade the shop owner to sell me his personal F-16 but in 2 months time.(I'm a bit broke now after buying the 2 helicopters :cry: )

And here I am, chance upon this great site!!!

Cheers!!!