New Members Introduce Yourselves!

For all Forum, Computer, Message Board, or help threads!
p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:29 pm

You know... all people on the boards should really introduce themselves since we never really did have a thread on this before recently. So all you board veterans (meaning anyone pre the creation of this thread) re-introduce yourselves!

I'm Britt, the board administrator & GPXD recreator. I stumbled across the original GPXD boards way back when it was just 21'st market and XD was just getting started. I wanted to know more about the XD line, and was a member since! I started to put together for Groundpounder charts that had all the aircraft at the time for comparison. After GP decided to close the doors, I offered to take command and keep the community alive.

As far as I go... yes, I lean always towards 21st Century Toys! I've been a big fan of them since the first 1:18 P-51 Mustang. You've all seen my photo work for them on the 21st site, I do product photography for the site and other purposes.
I mostly collect the 1:18 scale, but I do have many of the 1:32 aircraft and vehicles. I'm a big aviation person, so my collection of armor and vehicles is not nearly as large as most people's on here. But aircraft wise, at the current time (Middle Jan. 2006) I've got over 60 1:18 aircraft ranging from the original P-51D Mustang and ME-109 to the new Starfighters, BBi Hornets, and etc. And let me tell you... space became an issue for the first time last year :-P He he.
I'm also the webmaster, graphic designer, and official photographer for the world famous Planes of Fame Museum in Chino, CA. I'm an aviation photographer above all else and travel to airshows throughout the west coast shooting modern military and vintage warbirds. I often take part in air-to-air photo sessions.
Website for my Aviation Photography - http://www.warbird-photos.com
Planes of Fame Museum Website - http://www.planesoffame.org

I'm also a Star Wars fanatic, but an aviation uber fanatic above that ;-)

toyktdlgh
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by toyktdlgh » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:25 pm

Well if you insist Britt. I fist got into this hobby by stumbling across the first issue 109 at TRU many moons ago. I snagged it and have been collecting ever since. I joined the old Groundpounders site when it was about a year old and have ridden it through to today. I have been a starch 21c fan even with the arrival of some new competition and suspect I will always favor them. I’m not sure what it was about XD that became so enticing to me. I have been collecting all kinds of toys from Star Wars and Hot Wheels to Masters of the Universe and GI Joe for years but XD seems to have lasted the longest. Now that I’m getting more involved with other project, mainly my cars, I have been slowing down a bit with my purchasing but I suspect I will always be an ardent 1/18 WWII collector.

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:02 pm

And, to continue,
My name is Aaron and I live not too far away from The National Museum of the Air Force at Wright-Patterson AFB in Dayton, Ohio. I am the son of a former jet jockey. My dad cut his teeth on the F-51 and went on to fly many other ships, including the soon to be released F-86. He took me to airshows before I could walk. I have been a plane and history nut since day one. I teach English and History at the junior high level and I am almost done with a MA degree in museum administration. I found 21st Century stuff on accident at TRU in 2002 when I went to buy a birthday present for my nephew. From there, I Googled as much as I could about the line and wound up at Groundpounders. I have been kicking around these boards since August or so of 2002. I also have been building a collection of AAF militaria for the past 14 or so years. Besides my 1:18 and 1:32, I have some pretty cool 1:1 pieces too.
Aaron

Hanomag
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Hanomag » Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:32 pm

Hey all, Just thought I'd drop a line here. As I stated else where, I'm only new to posting. I've lurked around for years and over at GP's board. Nice that he stops in now and again.
Let's see....about me eh? Mostly I'm in to 1/32nd scale. FoV does alright by me so I have a few of them. 30 maybe. I do have a number of WW2 aircraft...but I normally go for 1/72 there as you can keep Bombers and Fighters in proportion. Although a 1/32 B-24 would be sweet (but I would be single I think).

I live near Annapolis MD. It's nice 'cause it's near to the National Air and Space Museum in D.C. In Feb. I'm planning to go on a tour at Aberdeen Proving Grounds. To round out the year there is the Air Show at Andrews Air Force Base (very nice) and a trip to PA for the WW2 Air show. Not to mention the WW2 Sub we have docked in the Baltimore harbor. I still need to go to that.

Hey, how do you guys display your stuff? Just wondering.

-H

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:21 pm

Well, to continue the introduction of veteran members...

I'm Tristan, aka Tmanthegreat. I've been an XD fan since the beginning when I found the S1 P-51 and ME-109 at Toys R Us. I joined GPs old board in the summer of 2003, looking for more info on 21c products and have been around ever since. My best XD claim to fame is that I placed in the XD USMC Photo Contest put on by 21c a year ago, my photos can be found (hidden) on the 21c Area21 site.

I have always been a fan of toy soldiers, and model building. My father was a model builder and collected model trains. This sort of rubbed off on me. As a kid I collected 3 3/4" GI Joe figures, planes and vehicles in the late 1980s and 1990s, and built many plasitc model kits. All along I really wanted realistic toy aircraft, vehicles & soldiers, especially from the WWII era. That wish was answered in late 2000 with XD and my collection has grown considerably since the early days, though it is modest by most comparisons.

I am a big fan of military aviation, helped in no small part by the fact that my father is a pilot and a senior administrator for the FAA. I have been going to airshows and flying planes since before I could walk, though curiously, I have yet to get a pilots liscence.

Outside of this hobby, I am a 2005 graduate of UCLA, with a BA in History. I focused my studies on ancient Rome & Greece, the US Civil War and the WWI-WWII era. I have traveled the world and studied in both London and Rome. (On a side note, a couple years ago I saw the actual "Alexander" mosaic that my avatar picture is taken from in the archaeological museum at Naples, Italy 8) ) Currently I am torn between attending law school or going into teaching; while both have their merits, I think I would be happier teaching, though law has its monetary incentives. In my spare time (besides going mad trying to find the latest XD products at Wal Mart) I go Scuba diving off California's coast, and spend alot of time hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada mountains.

BTW, to answer Hanomag's question about displays, I hang some of my aircraft from the ceiling, and have others displayed on a table. Some of my smaller 1:72 and 1:32 pieces are displayed on shelves, while my 1:18 armor sits in a cupboard as I don't have much space to accomodate its display yet.

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:51 pm

Hi my name is Mark. I have been collecting xd from the beginning as well and was a participating member of GP's
board.

I am also from a military background.
My father worked for lockeed during the 1960's and launched rockets from Vandenburg AFB, Ca. including everything from the first project "corona"
to lockeed KH10 and KH11 spy satalites.

I loved these planes and tanks as a kid and I love them as an adult. I collect mostly 1/18th scale but also have a huge collection of 1/32, 1/72 dragon armor, and tons of micro-armor for wargaming. I enjoy this board very much and have made quite a few friends in other states and countries.

Like T-Man and alot of you other forum members, war history really turns me on. I welcome all new forum members and hope this site continues to evolve. Thank you Britt for understanding the need for this forum.

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

new guy onboard

Post by scope uk » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:48 pm

Hi everyone
I have been reading the information on this board for years now and have found it an invaluable place to find information on the new releases. This is my first post ever as for the first time ever i am in a position to look online regularly. My Main interest is in the Modern world figures and equipment in particular. Although i do have some world war two figures from BBI and 21st century. As i am in the UK though i have some problems in getting the new releases!! luckily i have friends and family that go to the US fairly regularly and get sent straight to the nearest tru and Walmart.

Thanks to everyone for posting the info as i have found it realy helpful over the past few years. :D

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:25 pm

Welcome aboard scope!! As you know, you aren't the only soul in the UK collecting 1:32 and 1:18. Good luck in your collecting and we look forward to your participation!!

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

blaster_e11
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blaster_e11 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:28 am

Hi all

my name is julien

i'm french and i've been collecting SW toys since 1994

i've started a new collection with joes and 1/18 bbi figures

digger

hello

Post by digger » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:28 am

Julien, welcome.
It is likely only a matter of time before you are adding XD, PTE and a whole bunch of other stuff to your 1:18 world. Have fun. :D

blaster_e11
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blaster_e11 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:52 am

thank you

i hope to have fun yeah

so far we aren't lucky with toys in France : i've only seen bbi stuff at retail once (on clearance thank the maker - i got them all) and pte and 21st century toys have yet to be seen.

we can't even get gijoe toys now (damn dtc policy and tru exclusives)

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:50 pm

Another old vetran introduction.

Got hooked on XD with the first series, then the Vietnam line. Mostly bought figures and jeeps, with a few Hueys, until the P40 came out at Walmart. That pushed me over the edge. Since then, its been a continual downhill slide. :D

Pretty much a toy junkie, especially anything 1:18. Lots of Star Wars, some GI Joe, etc etc etc. Also into model trains (large scale and O-scale) and diorammas. Try to tie all my addictions together as much as possible, which means building various train sets that double as diorammas for my SW, XD, BBi, SHS, and GI Joe figures.

theToyFederation
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by theToyFederation » Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:09 pm

Greetings all!
My name is Jim and my best friend is one of the owners of theToyFederation. From now on, TTF will be a regular presence on these boards.
Consider me the pointman, spokesman or canary in the mineshaft, whatever the case maybe.
From time to time, I will provide intel on new-item announcements, upcoming sales & specials and historical/collectible topics of interest to us all.

Jim
www.thetoyfederation.com
"May the wings of liberty never lose a feather."

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:30 am

Hello every one I just wanted to drop in and say hello,

I just started collecting Bbi Aircraft , in fact I bought most of my Bbi Aircraft with the last 40 days. I already have a thread in the 1:18 scale with pics of some of my planes.

P.s I am starting to run out of room real fast!!!!!
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:31 am

Woops I posted the same thing> :oops:

bird
Sergeant
Sergeant

G'day mate!

Post by bird » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:48 pm

hi all,

I'm Bird, i'm from Melbourne Australia, i've been collecting action figures since I was 6. As a bigkid at 32 I collect the 1:18 scale BBi figs and even more recently 21st Century XD.
As a fan of 1:18 scale I was linked to your site by the admin of smalljoes.com and so far have really enjoyed trolling the forums getting some insight into the 21c xd brand.
While i've arrived late as far as collecting 21c xd it looks like the best in 1:18 scale.
I look forward to sharing opinions and asking questions as it's been hard to work out whats available for 1:18 scale with a few hobby stores as my only resource.

cheers.

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:19 pm

ok well ive been here for like a month... time i introduce myself, eh?? :lol: 8)

well im russian but live in san antonio... i hate the walmarts here... i collect a lot but I NEED MONEY!!! man im gonna go bankrupt here..

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:43 pm

catman wrote:ok well ive been here for like a month... time i introduce myself, eh?? :lol: 8)

well im russian but live in san antonio... i hate the walmarts here... i collect a lot but I NEED MONEY!!! man im gonna go bankrupt here..
Hello Catman, how did you end up in the good old USA?
Welcome

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:10 pm

thanks a lot, lol im still kinda adjusting... were Jewish and if we stayed in Russia we wouldve been killed... we came here with 200 rubels..... thats about a dollar and fifty cents lmao.. we were so lost..

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:32 am

catman wrote:thanks a lot, lol im still kinda adjusting... were Jewish and if we stayed in Russia we wouldve been killed... we came here with 200 rubels..... thats about a dollar and fifty cents lmao.. we were so lost..
I my self am not Jewish, but I have noticed the rise of anti Semitism in the World.
Well I am glade you are here in the ole USA.

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:52 am

um

what exactly does your post mean..
im really not that good...

but the impression i get form that one.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:44 am

catman wrote:um

what exactly does your post mean..
im really not that good...

but the impression i get form that one.
I am sorry…

What it means is I understand that anti Semitism is on the increase in the world and in Russia and That I am glade you had the opportunity to leave Russia and relocate to the United States. I am happy that you are here making a future for your self.