New Members Introduce Yourselves!

For all Forum, Computer, Message Board, or help threads!
gouchy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gouchy » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:59 pm

Greetings and welcome, fellow countryman :lol:

Excellent score on the helos and falcon! 1/18 stuff is very hard to find in SG so good job hunting down that f16, I myself have been hunting for one with no luck

vince_chua
Corporal
Corporal

Post by vince_chua » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:50 am

gouchy wrote:Greetings and welcome, fellow countryman :lol:

Excellent score on the helos and falcon! 1/18 stuff is very hard to find in SG so good job hunting down that f16, I myself have been hunting for one with no luck
Hi gouchy,
wow, great to find a fellow countryman here.
Well just went to get my"F-16" today from the shop owner but turn out it is a F-18 (the shop owner couldn't remember)
But who cares!!!
Wow I must say the plane is a beauty. I didn't expect it to be so big. Amazing plane.
Really Happy I got it :D
Hope we can get the F-16s too. (worry about storage and wife nagging later, its worth it!!!)

jedimech
Corporal
Corporal

Post by jedimech » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:19 am

Hi gouchy & vince_chua, greetings!!
I am from Singapore too.
Nice to know of 2 fellow countryman who are 1/18th scale collectors!!
Nice catch on the F-18, vince_chua.

Panzer_M
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: New Members Introduce Yourselves!

Post by Panzer_M » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:52 pm

I wish I was new...but i'm old dulled and scuffed now..still smell new car fresh though at times. :mrgreen:
good traders/sellers/buyers
Alloyskull(x2), PanzerArm(x2), Ostketten, Mikeg,tmanthegreat,Coreyeagle48

gouchy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gouchy » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:33 pm

hello jedimech, my fellow comrade :mrgreen: here's a belated welcome!

missed this post earlier, sorry! wouldnt have noticed still if i wasn't poking around inspecting the completed renovation of this board :lol:
"Be Water, My Friend..."

Good Trader: Tankace

Black_Dragon_One

Re:

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:23 pm

jedimech wrote:Hi gouchy & vince_chua, greetings!!
I am from Singapore too.
Nice to know of 2 fellow countryman who are 1/18th scale collectors!!
Nice catch on the F-18, vince_chua.

ditto welcome
whats up doc....

Mad Sam
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Mad Sam » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:57 am

Hello From damp and foggy England! New on here, so I thought i'd put up a quick note -

I've been interested in aircraft and modelling since I was about six when my dad built me an Airfix B24 (He flew combat missions as a flight engineer on RAF Libs during WW2)
I live in the South-West of England close to Yeovilton air base and 30 miles from Bovington Tank Museum - home to several German WW2 big cats.
I build 1/35 armour models and have nearly all Dragon armour from 60001 onwards.

I started collecting 1/18 aircraft about 2 years ago after I found a BBI P51 at a local model show-that was me hooked, and so far i've built a collection of 40+ mainly WW2 props but including a couple of Hornets and the Tomcat. Latest purchase has been a pair of FW190 Papagai for repaint into JG2 and JG301 schemes.

All the best to you all
Mad Sam

gouchy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gouchy » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:43 am

Hi there Mad Sam welcome aboard :D
"Be Water, My Friend..."

Mad Sam
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Mad Sam » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:46 am

Thanks for that.

Spent yesterday putting nearly everything into storage for about six months. as we just sold our house and the new one won't be completed untill then.

Bad news is having to live with in-laws until it's ready and i've only found room to display a couple of aircraft. (Went for Galland 109 and DW-K Spitfire as a kind of Battle of Britain 70th anniversary theme)

Good news is there's going to be a model display room in the new property, so my self imposed challenge over the coming winter is to find as much stock as possible to put in it!

mkrochmaln
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by mkrochmaln » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:31 am

New here. My name is matt, I like to collect 1:18 scale aircraft. I am 47 years old. I have been Lurking here for awhile now.
Using tips form the members here I spent most of yesterday re-painting
my Jsi Spotcat. I am pretty new to painting. I think it came out ok,not perfect, but one hell of a lot better than those ugly Luftwaffe style spots. Few areas i will have to touch up later. Putting a before and after picture below.
Thanks for all the tips I have learned from members here.
Matt

gouchy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gouchy » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:33 am

Hello Matt welcome aboard!

Looks like you did a good job but a closer up pic will be better

But miles way better then the original pea dot camo anytime :D
"Be Water, My Friend..."

mkrochmaln
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by mkrochmaln » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:51 am

Thanks, it does look a lot better.
The nose/cockpit came out the best. Missed a few spots on the left enginge housing under the wing. Might re-do that part, or just leave it, hard to see any way with the fuel tank and the ordnance blocking the view. Did not do the sidewinder rails yet. Waiting for my new landing gear to come from skyworks. I also noticed that the black V stripe behind the cockpit does not line up with the rest of the fuselage, due to how the parts fit together. Will eventually fix that too.
I can't believe how fragile some of the pieces are. I dont know how many times I have had to glue the rear antenna back on :)
Here is a couple more pictures.

gouchy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gouchy » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:40 am

Yep, thats a great job you've done on the cat Matt :D

You might wanna consider getting a display stand from Pizzaguy

Quality stand, customizable height, looks great and takes the pressure off your landing gears. Even if you're getting skyworks gears, a stand would still be great to display your jet "in flight"

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5999&start=100

He has the "no flight" covers available too 8)

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20235
"Be Water, My Friend..."

mkrochmaln
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by mkrochmaln » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:35 pm

Thanks, I did order the no flight covers from him. I am an over the road truck driver, they should be there when i get home in a couple weeks.
i ended up painting over the couple spots i missed on the left engine housing, using the makeup sponge technique mentioned here. I was surprised at how well that works :)
My landing gear from skyworks came before I went back out on the road. Huge improvement :).
Last year I made my own decals and re-painted the bbi f-16 in colors of the 180th fighter wing, ohio air national guard,based at toledo express airport (my home town airport).
Does not look as good as i would like. I am thinking of learning how to make stencils. I think that would look much better.

sax5thave
Corporal
Corporal

Post by sax5thave » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:25 pm

Hi to all from Manila, The Philippines!!

Dad of two beautiful gals, husband of one hot woman. Collector of 1/6 and 1/18 scale models and an avid flight gear collector. I spend 3-4 months in a year in Minnesota, SFO and wherever else my budget takes me. :lol:

Tony
TRADE REFERENCES: tmanthegreat, Grilledcheese, Tkjaer21, Delta Team, Blacksnakes, flayrah. fast mover, evilanimation, YT, Jnewboy

margerisons
Corporal
Corporal

Post by margerisons » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:21 pm

Hi All!

My Name is Steve but over the years got the nickname marge.

I'm a collector or 3 3/4 or 1/18 scaled figs and vehicles. Just starting out in 1/18 vehicles with some PTE stuff.

I live in Ontario Canada, so for any canadians out there if you could point me in the direction of a good store for 1/18. :wink:

Nugget
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Nugget » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:02 pm

Hello everyone, long time lurker here! Not sure why but it took me a while to register. I'm a 10th grader from the Boston MA area, and have enjoyed collecting 1/18 and 1/6 since I was little. Started out with PTE :P. My dream is to be a pilot in the USMC and fly the F-35B. Originally I wanted to be a Harrier pilot but my heart was broken when their retirement was announced. Unfortunately, my collection is limited. Lots of PTE figs+vehicles, some 21C WW2 infantry (Mostly the D-day 29th ID figs), a couple Germans, and some vehicles. Hope to collect more once I get a job though.

rjvilla82
Corporal
Corporal

Post by rjvilla82 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:31 pm

Hi everyone! I finally found this thread where I can properly introduce myself. :lol:

I"m Rick from Colorado. I just actually moved here recently from New York. I have been collecting 1:6 and 1:18 military models and figures. Unfortunately, my collection isn't here with me in my new home since I haven't figured out how to handle them with care while moving. I'm somewhat relieved that it's in storage, for now. Anyways, I'll see you all around.

Mad Sam
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Mad Sam » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:27 am

Hi there.
Welcome from the UK.

I've got the same type of problem, I had to put everything into storage last November, and all I've bought since has just gone straight in there without being opened. In the next few weeks though, we should all have a new home....

All the best.

Sam

Karl Dak
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Karl Dak » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:23 pm

Hello All. I stumbled upon this web site only recently after searching for information re. 1/18 Ultimate Soldier vehicles. I must say that I am very impressed with the custom creations that many of you have shared. Equally nice is the great amount of reference material and various topics found here.

A little about myself: I reside in the Western U.S. and have fond memories of playing with Marx military playsets/army men during the late 70s. It's been years since, and I now find myself interested in WWII 1/18th scale German and American vehicles and figures. I am currently building a North Africa/Afrikakorps diorama utilizing Indiana Jones, Ultimate Soldier, and Power Team Elite items, really enjoying myself.

I'm a fan of some of the older television shows including Rat Patrol, Combat, and Hogans Heroes that help provide inspiration for my recent interests.

I plan to post some pictures of my diorama in the future and hope I can contribute to the success of this forum.

B17Fortress
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by B17Fortress » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:13 pm

Welcome to the forum Dak!

I think you'll find quite a few guys on here who share the same television interests; those shows never get old!

Karl Dak
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Karl Dak » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:18 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome B17.

gouchy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gouchy » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:07 am

Hi there Karl Dak, welcome aboard!

Come on up and over to the 1/18 section on this board and post your hellos there, some of us dont quite glance our eyes that far down the site too often and may miss seeing you :D

Or better yet, post your dios on the customs section and you'd be sure to get noticed! :lol:
"Be Water, My Friend..."

Karl Dak
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Karl Dak » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:16 am

Thanks much for the tip Gouchy. I'll do that. I'm usually looking in the 1/18th scale forum but thought this was the place for intros.

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:59 pm

test
By sbdauntless at 2012-03-15
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec