New Members Introduce Yourselves!

For all Forum, Computer, Message Board, or help threads!
killer47
Private First Class
Private First Class

New Members Introduce Yourselves!

Post by killer47 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:13 am

ADMIN NOTE - Making this thread a global annoucement for all new users to post about themselves

Not sure if this is the right spot for this but here it goes I just joined the site today I am a 1:18 scale collector, hobby started with G.I.JOE, I just couldn't stand the vehicles Hasbro made (aisde from their modern hummer). I like the realistic stuff BBI, 21st century toys, and so on anyways glad to have found this site definitely gotta alot of catching up to do with all the topics to read

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:28 am

Hello!

Welcome to the boards! Glad to have you here! Yes, it can be a bit daunting with the amount of information on the boards, but I do hope you find everything you might be hunting for! Be sure to check out the various company 'talkback' threads that are set as annoucements in this 1:18 forum. That's where you'll find a lot of information direct from the companies themselves, and you can ask questions!

Again, welcome aboard!

CW4USARMY
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by CW4USARMY » Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:03 am

Welcome aboard Killer47! I noticed you're at Osan, I just spent 6 months up in the 2nd Infantry area this year. (Korea sure has changed :-)
You'll find lots of information and opinions here to help in your collection! :D

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:39 am

Welcome aboard! I came 'this' close to taking a long term assignment in Seoul, but something else came up and I missed it. I now regret not having that opportunity.

Cripesamighty
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Cripesamighty » Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:39 am

Welcome! I'm new also and everyone here gave me a warm welcome. I 've learned so much the short time I've been here, I think you'll enjoy yourself! :D

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:01 am

Yey, another member!! Welcome to the board. This forum is your first stop in everything military 1:18. Many of us have been collecting since the first 1:18 scale planes and tanks rolled out back in 2000. If you have any questions or ideas, let us know!

We are current waiting for the release of the 1:18 Grumman Avenger and a new F-86 is on the horizon by 2 different companies! There will be a goodly number of new planes and a couple new vehicles coming out in 2006, so you joined at a good time.....

I have a catalog of paint scheme profiles for all planes released with an authentic paint scheme. These give a bit of backround information on each paint scheme so far released. Check it out using my website button below.

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

digger

Post by digger » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:31 am

Welcome :D
Strength in numbers :P

On that note, P - what are your thoughts on a "new members" thread at the top like we had on the old board? I know we already have a ton of sticky stuff up there but that way people would be encouraged to introduce themselves without having to start a new thread. Hopefully after Xmas we will have many more new members :wink:

Aviatornut.com
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Aviatornut.com » Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:38 am

WELCOME TO YOUR NEW HOME AND MERRY CHRISTMAS

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:05 am

Wow! Now that is an avatar! :shock:
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Re: new member

Post by p51 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:17 am

digger wrote:Welcome :D
Strength in numbers :P

On that note, P - what are your thoughts on a "new members" thread at the top like we had on the old board? I know we already have a ton of sticky stuff up there but that way people would be encouraged to introduce themselves without having to start a new thread. Hopefully after Xmas we will have many more new members :wink:
Done :-)

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:51 pm

Welcome aboard! You will be amazed at all the wealth of info members of this board have. Enjoy! :D

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:37 pm

Welcome! Glad to have you aboard. There is a wealth of information and talent on this board.
Todd

roguetiger
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by roguetiger » Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:57 am

Hello new to this board as well. I love Military Aircraft of all types. But collect matchbox sized (can't remember what scale), the 1/48th, and 1:18 scale.
Though I'd love to see a F-15E Strike Eagle, A-10 Thunderbolt II Warthog, and AIRWOLF (Bell 222) all in the 1:18th scale at one point or another.

eddie372
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Excellent Idea

Post by eddie372 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:31 am

Welcome aboard all new members.

This is a great addition to the forum. We can think of it as the Grand Central station where we can meet new members.

Anyone from the Miami/ South florida area?

eddie372
The man that loves his job never works a day in his life.

eddie372
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Welcome

Post by eddie372 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:52 pm

Welcome Tomcat, and a very happy New Year to you as well.

As for it being an expensive hobby, I'd say that by comparison, we're not doing too bad if you consider the following points:

-If you buy your models at Wal Mart (henceforth WM, Wally World, etc.), you pay an average of $40 per airplane, a significant savings compared to certain other retailers and online sellers.

-Comparing our models by size, weight, detail and overall accuracy with put-together models (Revell, Monogram, etc.), ours are much, much cheaper than the others. This is even more true if you get into some of the Japanese brands. A 1:32 scale plane can cost you a pretty good chunk of your paycheck, and the time required to put them together is simply an impossibility to many of us.

Anyways, I don not mean to lecture. Just wanted to say hello and welcome you to the forum my friend. Have lots of fun and enjoy the company of many great individuals here.

Eddie372
Miami Shores, Fl.
The man that loves his job never works a day in his life.

trudger
Private First Class
Private First Class

membership

Post by trudger » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:54 pm

Hello All,
Finally decided to put my two cents in. Cannot say that i have been a collector since the beginning. Sat out the TRS period unfortunately, but
WM is now keeping me happy. Am staying with the 1/32nd scale, although
the PZ IV i could not pass up. The imagination of these people and the talent of those who assemble and paint these models is for me enough.
Sixty years after the war and history is being preserved.
Will sum up by saying that at the end of the last century i collected kits that sometimes where not often sought after by armor model builders, such as the Bandai 1/30th scale armor. It might even be that we will see a Heuschrecke!
From this World War Two afficionato to the club membership, thanks for your postings and keep them coming.
Trudger

digger

Welcome

Post by digger » Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:51 pm

Trudger - Welcome :D

Glad you took the plunge, now hang tight :P

HeapMonk
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by HeapMonk » Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:42 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm a recent collector of anything small scale, I actually started my collection last week with the purchase of 21st's "Tropical" Me-109E-4. I then began searching for more of these insanely detailed aircraft... I found two more examples I just had to have, the "Yellow Nose" Ju-87B Stuka & Anton Hackl's 109G-6. I was glad to see there was actually a forum where I could chat with fellow collectors and see what other new & exciting aircraft would be coming out... for me to spend my hard earned cash on. :D

I'm still searching area Wal-Marts & some local hobby shops for the other 109s, 190s, Ju-87s that I might've missed... anyone in the Tampa or Orlando, Fla are know where to look?

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:44 pm

Welcome aboard Heapmonk and Trudger! This is a fun hobby and great Forum. Start gathering your fishing line and hooks now and make some room! :wink:

digger

welcome

Post by digger » Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:27 am

Welcome HeapMonk :D
Glad to hear you caught the bug and you have surely come to the right place.
There are a bunch of Florida guys - some of our most devoted members - so I am sure you will get good recon.
Also, there are a number of small online retailers and they all seem to have their pros & cons so just ask if you wondering about any.
Finally, the Trade forum is always a good venue for finding planes not in your AO. Glad you joined us, now hang tight. :P

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:15 pm

Im from the Atlanta area (southwest side)
I started back with the marinecorps and battle BoB figures -
For awhile I was collecting cobra figures and am now ready to place a car load on ebay. I love anything military and love the 1:18 xd line.

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:32 pm

Welcome all to the site!

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:11 pm

I have been a member since last month (I think), but never got around to introduce myself

I collect 1:18 Scale model cars, only recently I have started to collect 1:18 Tanks, Trucks, military cars, ect.

So far I have ~250 model cars
BBI Sherman
Hanomag
M41 walker Bulldog
Merrills Marauders set

And a 1/16 Scale HenLong Pershing

I live in Brookyln NY, and travel to Long Island (for Wal-mart, ToysRus)
Every week or so

If anyone finds any 1:18 Tanks, Trucks, Military cars, ect. in my area (Brookyn-Long Island- Staten Island-Manhatten) Please Let me know

THANK YOU! :wink:

If anyone cares, I drive a 1995 Nissan Altima, with some suspension modifications (NOT lowered)-or raised for that matter :lol: