1989*

For all Forum, Computer, Message Board, or help threads!
dragon53
Officer - Brigadier General

1989*

Post by dragon53 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:58 am

TRIVIA---Ed Harris played a member of NASA in three hit movies. In THE RIGHT STUFF, Harris played astronaut John Glenn. In APOLLO 13, Harris played Mission Control White Team Flight Director Gene Kranz. In GRAVITY, Harris played the voice of Mission Control Director.

In THE RIGHT STUFF, Harris played astronaut John Glenn.

In APOLLO 13, Harris played Mission Control White Team Flight Director Gene Kranz.

In GRAVITY, Harris played the voice of the Mission Control Director.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TRIVIA---Robert Towne received an Academy Award for writing the screenplay for the classic CHINATOWN which starred Jack Nicholson and Faye Dunaway. Towne had a more modest start in 1960 when he was an actor/writer on Roger Corman's sci fi B movie THE LAST WOMAN ON EARTH in which he wrote the script and co-starred under the pseudonym of Edward Wain. The next year, Towne returned with his THE LAST WOMAN ON EARTH co-stars in Corman's CREATURE FROM THE HAUNTED SEA.

Writer Robert Towne received an Academy Award for the classic CHINATOWN.

Towne had a more modest start in 1960 when he was an actor/writer on Roger Corman's sci fi B movie THE LAST WOMAN ON EARTH in which he wrote the script and co-starred under the pseudonym of Edward Wain.

The next year, Towne returned with his THE LAST WOMAN ON EARTH co-stars in Corman's CREATURE FROM THE HAUNTED SEA.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TRIVIA---more James Bond movie trivia.
Sam Neill auditioned for the James Bond role to replace Roger Moore in THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS. Co-producer Michael G. Wilson said, "All of us were impressed with Sam Neill, and very much wanted to use him. He'd been very successful as REILLY: ACE OF SPIES. Like a lot of things in life, it was a close race." However, Wilson's step-father, Cubby Broccoli, turned Neill down in favor of Timothy Dalton.
Neill said, "I did that with extreme reluctance. I think that was the last thing I allowed my then agent to bully me into. Because I said to her, ‘Listen, I do not want to be James Bond. And I particularly don’t want to be that James Bond that everybody says, ‘Look, there’s James Bond in the corner of the restaurant. He’s the one I don’t like.’ So I turn up to Pinewood, I do this audition, the entire thing was mortifying, and luckily I never heard from them again."
Neill not getting the 007 role may have allowed him to get the role of Dr. Alan Grant in the JURASSIC PARK franchise. Cinemablend writer Mike Reyes wrote, "To think, if Neill had landed the role in THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, his tenure as Bond might have extended far enough that it may have cost him that role in the Steven Spielberg blockbuster. Though considering how Sam Neill sees Dr. Alan Grant as a character, mixed with how he didn’t want to be James Bond, this could just be another prime example of Chaos Theory at work."

SAM NEILL AUDITION: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V15wNflslc

Neill not getting the 007 role may have allowed him to get the role of Dr. Alan Grant in the JURASSIC PARK franchise.

Last edited by dragon53 on Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:30 am, edited 16 times in total.

[CAT]CplSlade

Re: 1989

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:42 am

dragon53 wrote:
THE MARTIAN---Jeff Daniels will play the head of NASA in this movie starring Matt Damon as an astronaut stranded on Mars. Kristen Wiig and Jessica Chastain are in talks to co-star.
So, if Damon is playing Robinson Crusoe, then who is playing the monkey, Wiig or Chastain?