Release of private messages from the Outbox?

For all Forum, Computer, Message Board, or help threads!
aae83
Sergeant
Sergeant

Release of private messages from the Outbox?

Post by aae83 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:31 am

I've got a couple of private messages sitting in my Outbox, one of which was submitted for release yesterday.

Can anyone tell me what triggers the release of these messages? In the past, I've noticed them sitting in the Outbox, so I know it's not immediate. However, I've never seen them sit there for as long as this particular one.

Would appreciate any insight into this...

Thanks,
John

Razor17019
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Razor17019 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:17 am

Whoever you are sending the PM to must read the message for it to go from your outbox to you sentbox.
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:22 pm

I too have noticed it has taken hours for the PM to be read :evil:
I sent one this morning and it's been 5+ hours and it's still not been sent.
What's the deal ?!?!?! :?

Da General

Ruger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ruger » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:23 pm

The message is in the "Outbox" until the recipient reads it. Then it moves to the "Sentbox". Basically, you just have to wait until the other person reads it.

Maybe it helps to think of it as the message being in two places at once, your "Outbox" and their "Inbox", the whole time you see it in your "Outbox" it's availible to them in their "Inbox".

Personally, I like the system this way, as you can see if they have read the message or not. No point in wondering why they haven't replied if you know they haven't read it yet.

MV
"When I went into Kuwait I had 39 tanks, after six weeks of air bombardment, I had 32 left. After 20 minutes in action against the M1's, I had none." Iraqi BN Cdr, 1991
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/CanteenX/Blowing-Smoke-sig.jpg[/img]