For all Forum, Computer, Message Board, or help threads!
dragon53
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by dragon53 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:37 am

TRIVIA---James Cameron's ALIENS is set in 2079, so to get a futuristic watch for Ellen Ripley (Sigourney Weaver), Cameron got automotive designer Giorgetto Giugiaro, who designed the DeLorean and sports cars for Ferrari and Aston Martin, to design an appropriate watch. Giugiaro chose a Seiko 7A28 watch and modified it, including adding a "control panel" to the right side of the Seiko.
In another movie with a Seiko and DeLorean connection, in BACK TO THE FUTURE, Doc Brown (Christopher Lloyd) wore a standard Seiko A826 Time Trainer watch, and his time machine was a modified DeLorean.

In ALIENS, automotive designer Giorgetto Giugiaro, who designed the DeLorean, modified a Seiko 7A28 watch for Ellen Ripley.

In BACK TO THE FUTURE, Doc Brown (Christopher Lloyd) wore a standard Seiko A826 Time Trainer watch, and his time machine was a modified DeLorean.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

playboy dilettante Chatsworth Osborne Jr. on the sitcom The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis,

TRIVIA---character actor Steve Franken is best known for playing playboy Chatsworth Osborne, Jr. on THE MANY LOVES OF DOBIE GILLIS. His second cousin is SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE co-star and xxxxx Al Franken.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

THE GREAT RACE stars  Tony Curtis and Larry Storch were World War II shipmates on the submarine tender USS Proteus. They became lifelong friends. Storch and Curtis appeared in eight movies together,

Storch served on the submarine tender Proteus during the war along with a radio operator named Bernie Schwartz, according to his Facebook page. They were on the Proteus in Tokyo Bay Sept. 2, 1945, and witnessed Japan’s formal surrender onboard the nearby battleship Missouri.

Storch later said his Navy service greatly boosted his career. During the war, Schwartz had told him, “I’m going to be a movie star.” Storch, already a seasoned comic on the resort circuit, had tried to talk him out of it, warning him that the business could be tough.

They met again after the war, and Schwartz, who by now had changed his name to Tony Curtis, remembered his funny shipmate. Storch went on to appear in eight of Curtis’ movies, including “Captain Newman,” “Who Was That Lady?” and “The Great Race.”

TRIVIA---in Blake Edwards' THE GREAT RACE, The Great Leslie (Tony Curtis) fought Texas Jack (Larry Storch) in a barroom brawl. In reality, Curtis and Storch were lifelong friends after they were shipmates on the submarine tender USS Proteus in World War II.
Storch said he and Curtis were on the Proteus and witnessed Japan's surrender on the battleship USS Missouri which ended World War II. Curtis (real name: Bernie Schwartz) was a radio operator and told Storch, "I'm going to be a movie star." Storch tried to persuade Curtis not to seek a movie career because it would be too difficult, but, fortunately, Curtis ignored his advice. The two friends appeared together in eight movies.

In Blake Edwards' THE GREAT RACE, The Great Leslie (Tony Curtis) fought Texas Jack (Larry Storch) in a barroom brawl.

Tony Curtis (Bernie Schwartz) was a radio operator with shipmate and friend Larry Storch on the submarine tender USS Proteus in World War II.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2005 unsold tv pilot.
Director--John Woo (MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 2, FACE/OFF)
Writer--Douglas Petrie (BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER)
CAST: Brad Johnson (ALWAYS)--John Robinson, Jayne Brook (CHICAGO HOPE)--Maureen Robinson, Adrianne Palicki (FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS, THE ORVILLE)--Judy Robinson.
Trivia
When the pilot failed to generate a series, the set of the Jupiter 2 spacecraft was sold to the production of Battlestar Galactica (2004) for use as the set of the Battlestar Pegasus.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Navigator C-2A: What's the matter Commander? You don't like flying, huh? Aw, this is nothing! You should've been with us five, six months ago! Whoa! You talk about puke! We ran into a hailstorm over the Sea of Japan. Everybody's retching their guts out! The pilot shot his lunch all over the windshield, and I barfed on the radio! Shorted it out completely! And it wasn't that lightweight stuff either, it was that chunky industrial weight puke!
[offers him the candy bar he's been eating]
Navigator C-2A: Hey, you want a bite?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

TRIVIA---

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

TRIVIA---

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

TRIVIA---German actor Karl-Otto Alberty is best known for playing German military officers in movies and tv including KELLY'S HEROES, BATTLE OF THE BULGE, BATTLE OF BRITAIN, SLAUGHTERHOUSE-FIVE, RAID ON ROMMEL, THE DEVIL'S BRIGADE, IS PARIS BURNING?, THE WINDS OF WAR and others.
Alberty's first role in an English language movie was in THE GREAT ESCAPE as SS Lieutenant Steinach, who arrested escape mastermind Squadron Leader Roger Bartlett, "Big X" (Richard Attenborough).

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

TRIVIA---Ridley Scott commented on BLADE RUNNER's original ending and its connection to Stanley Kubrick's THE SHINING after studio executives hated the original ending, "I’d just finished BLADE RUNNER. And the film is essentially a film noir. He walks out, you’re going to walk away with his love, and on the floor. And there’s this origami unicorn. He picks it up and nods. This is a confirmation that he may be a replicant. He goes into the elevator and boom, finished. They f*cking hated it.
They say, 'You can’t do this. We’ve got to preview it again with a happy ending.' I said, 'Why a happy ending?' They said, 'Driving into mountains or something.' I go, 'What are you talking about? Why would you live in a city if there was a mountain range just around the corner? You go live in the f*cking mountains. They say, 'We need a preview with a happy ending.' I called Stanley [Kubrick], I said, 'Hey, I know you’ve just done THE SHINING last year, and I know you hate flying. You must have six weeks of helicopter footage in those mountains. Can you let me borrow it?' So I’ve got 70 hours of footage the next day, and that footage went into the movie. That was Stanley, that was his material."

SCREENRANT: The last line of the theatrical version is Rachael saying to Deckard, "You and I were made for each other," a much more heavy-handed and less clever confirmation of Deckard being a replicant that also removes any ambiguity about their future together. The final line in the unicorn ending is Deckard remembering Gaff (Edward James Olmos) telling him "It's too bad she won't live – but then again, who does?" Gaff's final words are far more thought-provoking and well-aligned with the themes of Blade Runner, as is the rest of the unicorn ending.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

According to a report published in the scientific journal Salamandra, the newly discovered species of slender snake was found in Peru’s Andes Mountains last spring. The species has been dubbed Tachymenoides harrisonfordi.

“These scientists keep naming critters after me, but it’s always the ones that terrify children. I don’t understand. I spend my free time cross-stitching. I sing lullabies to my basil plants, so they won’t fear the night.“

Harrison Ford continued, “In all seriousness, this discovery is humbling. It’s a reminder that there’s still so much to learn about our wild world — and that humans are one small part of an impossibly vast biosphere. On this planet, all fates are intertwined, and right now, one million species are teetering on the edge of oblivion. We have an existential mandate to mend our broken relationship with nature and protect the places that sustain life.” Tachymenoides harrisonfordi measures 16 inches in length and is pale yellowish-brown with scattered black flecks, a black stomach, and black stripes.

TRIVIA---

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

But he had already established his fiendish and villainous bona fides well before that in big movies like horror the classic The Omen where he played intrepid photographer Keith Jennings, or in Tron as Sark the ruthless Master Control Program, or as Evil in Terry Gilliam's epic odyssey Time Bandits. But the role that very likely piqued Craven's interest in the lanky and often times haggard looking character actor was when he played Jack the Ripper in the 1979 British hit Time After Time which also starred Mary Steenburgen and Malcolm McDowell as the time-traveling H.G. Wells.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The film marked the first film appearance of actor Tom Hanks, who played a relatively small part.[9] In fact, it was said that Hanks' character was originally written to be killed off with Nancy's character, but because the filmmakers liked him so much, they omitted filming his death scene for the film.

TRIVIA---countdown to Halloween.
Tom Hanks's first movie role was in the 1980 slasher horror movie HE KNOWS YOU'RE NOT ALONE in which a young woman is stalked by a serial killer who preys on new brides. Hanks played Elliot, who was supposed to be killed off, but he was so charismatic onscreen, his life was spared.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

DiCaprio made his film debut later that year as the stepson of an unscrupulous landlord in the low-budget horror sequel Critters 3 – a part he later described as "your average, no-depth, standard kid with blond hair".[34] DiCaprio has stated that he prefers not to remember Critters 3, viewing it as "possibly one of the worst films of all time" and the kind of role he wanted to avoid in the future

Scott Grimes (BAND OF BROTHERS, THE ORVILLE)---first movie role was CRITTERS and CRITTERS 2.

TRIVIA---countdown to Halloween.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

THE THING---John Carpenter said he is the only one who knows if MacReady or Childs are really The Thing at the end of the movie, and he denied cinematographer Dean Cundey's claim that The Thing always has a gleam in its eyes and real humans do not, “He has no clue. Yes, I know. I know who’s The Thing and who’s not in the very end. [Cundey] doesn’t know. He has no idea. He puts the lights up. He puts the lights up and we were in the snow. He has no clue. You tell him that. Tell him he’s full of s**t.”
When Carpenter was asked if he would reveal if MacReady or Childs is The Thing, he replied, “Nope. Cannot tell you. Sorry.”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

TRIVIA---Amy Adams has received six Academy Award nominations, but early in her career, she co-starred in a Fox tv series, MANCHESTER PREP, a tv prequel to the movie CRUEL INTENTIONS. However, it was cancelled in 1999 before it aired and was released direct-to-video as movie titled CRUEL INTENTIONS 2 with sexual content and nude scenes added.

LINK: https://www.slashfilm.com/815919/cruel- ... ver-aired/

Cruel Intentions 2 (also known as Cruel Intentions 2: Manchester Prep or simply as Manchester Prep) is a 2000 American comedy-drama film written and directed by Roger Kumble, starring Robin Dunne, Sarah Thompson, Keri Lynn Pratt, and Amy Adams. It is a prequel to Cruel Intentions (1999) and was released direct-to-video on March 13, 2001. Both films are based on Les Liaisons dangereuses by Choderlos de Laclos.

Originally planned as a television series called Manchester Prep, a re-imagined prequel series to the first film, it was picked up by Fox, but was cancelled prior to broadcast in September 1999. Due to the cancellation, the two completed episodes were edited together into a film retitled Cruel Intentions 2, and sexual content scenes involving nudity were added for the DVD release. This film is about how Sebastian Valmont and Kathryn Merteuil met and how they started their reign of terror.[1][2] The film would be followed by a sequel, Cruel Intentions 3.

Amy Adams---six Academy Award nominations

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

DiCaprio made his film debut later that year as the stepson of an unscrupulous landlord in the low-budget horror sequel Critters 3 – a part he later described as "your average, no-depth, standard kid with blond hair".[34] DiCaprio has stated that he prefers not to remember Critters 3, viewing it as "possibly one of the worst films of all time" and the kind of role he wanted to avoid in the future.

Academy award-winner Leonardo DiCaprio's first movie role was in the direct-to-video sci fi horror sequel CRITTERS 3. DiCaprio played the lead role of Josh, the stepson of a sleazy landlord, who battles the flesh-eating alien Critters. DiCaprio said CRITTERS 3 was, "possibly one of the worst films of all time."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

David Lynch's DUNE Production Office Assistant Craig Campobasso said Val Kilmer was the original favorite to play Paul Atreides, "We screen-tested Michael Biehn, Kevin Costner, Lewis Smith. There were a few others. Val Kilmer, of course, because Val was actually the number one choice up until Kyle did his screen test. Paul-Muad’Dib is not an easy character. Kyle made it look easy, but if you saw all the other actors struggling… Michael Biehn did not live up to it. Kevin Costner did not. It’s not that they’re bad actors; they just didn’t fit the criteria for Paul-Muad’Dib because you’re looking for this inner strength. Kevin Costner wasn’t known at that time, and I do remember him being nervous because I helped him get into the costume of Paul-Muad’Dib and I could feel his sense of nerves about it."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

James Lanphier  ...  Hungarian Maitre D' with Larrabee

In 1957 Lanphier made his feature film debut in an uncredited role in The Deadly Mantis (1957). Several other minor roles followed including small roles in Blake Edwards' The Perfect Furlough (1958), Operation Petticoat (1959) and High Time (1960), then two appearances on Edwards' Peter Gunn television series. On the third season of the show Lanphier became a regular where he played Leslie, a former mobster and gourmet.

He played a landlord in Edwards' Experiment in Terror (1962) then acted as a dialogue coach on Edwards' Days of Wine and Roses (1962) and The Pink Panther (1963) where he played Saloud, one of his many roles where he played a Middle Eastern or Indian gentleman. He made minor appearances in more of Edwards' films, including What Did You Do in the War, Daddy? (1966) as an Italian villager, The Party (1968) as Harry, and his final role in Darling Lili (1970) as a Hungarian maître d'hôtel, released after his death.

Thomas George Lanphier Jr. (November 27, 1915 – November 26, 1987) was a colonel and fighter pilot during World War II who was first given sole credit, then later partial credit, for shooting down the plane carrying Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, the commander in chief of the Imperial Japanese Navy.[1] Most modern historians discount his version entirely, giving Rex T. Barber credit for the kill.

TUESDAY, JULY 18

INDIANA JONES AND THE DIAL OF DESTINY---Lucasfilm released a featurette for the sequel.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dmRtTJrz5k

TRIVIA---character actor James Lanphier is best known for appearing in Blake Edwards movies and tv shows such as THE PINK PANTHER, PETER GUNN, DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES, THE PARTY and others.
Lanphier's first role was US Air Force Col. Harvey in the prehistoric monster movie THE DEADLY MANTIS. His last role was in BLAKE Edwards' DARLING LILI as the maitre d' for a World War I fighter ace played by Rock Hudson and a famous British entertainer, who is really a German spy, played by Julie Andrews.
Ironically, Lanphier's older brother was fighter pilot Colonel Thomas Lanphier, Jr., who was officially credited with shooting down Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, who planned the attack on Pearl Harbor which led to the United States entering World War II. Most military historians doubt then-Captain Lanphier shot down Yamamoto, and they credit Lanphier's wingman, Lieutenant Rex Barber, with the kill. The US Air Force refused to to accept the almost-unanimous verdicts that Barber deserved sole credit and later credited Lanphier and Barber with the shared kill.

James Lanphier (left) is best known for appearing in Blake Edwards movies and tv shows such as THE PINK PANTHER.

James Lanphier's first role was US Air Force Col. Harvey in the prehistoric monster movie THE DEADLY MANTIS with Craig Stevens (middle photo) starring as Colonel Joe Parkman, the Air Force fighter pilot who killed the Deadly Mantis. Stevens starred in Blake Edwards' PETER GUNN tv series with Lanphier co-starring as ex-mobster Leslie.

Lanphier's last role was in BLAKE Edwards' DARLING LILI as the maitre d' for a World War I fighter ace played by Rock Hudson and a famous British entertainer, who is really a German spy, played by Julie Andrews.

Ironically, Lanphier's older brother was fighter pilot Colonel Thomas Lanphier, Jr. (left), who was officially credited with shooting down Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, who planned the attack on Pearl Harbor which led to the United States entering World War II. Most military historians doubt then-Captain Lanphier shot down Yamamoto, and they credit Lanphier's wingman, Lieutenant Rex Barber (right), with the kill.

Painting of Lieutenant Rex Barber in his P-38 Lightning "Miss Virginia" shooting down the Japanese bomber carrying Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Paul Birch was one of the first men to be killed by the Martians in THE WAR OF THE WORLDS. Birch was also the first Marlboro Man.

". In the mid fifties, the cowboy image was popularised by actor Paul Birch in 3 page magazine ads and in TV ads."

In the mid 1950s he appeared in magazine and TV ads as the first widely publicized "Cowboy" Marlboro Man

The proposed campaign was to present a lineup of manly figures: sea captains, weightlifters, war correspondents, construction workers, etc. The cowboy was to have been the first in this series. Burnett's inspiration for the exceedingly masculine "Marlboro Man" icon came in 1949 from an issue of Life magazine, whose photograph (shot by Leonard McCombe) and story of Texas cowboy Clarence Hailey Long caught his attention. Within a year, Marlboro's market share rose from less than one percent to the fourth best-selling brand. This convinced Philip Morris to drop the lineup of manly figures and stick with the cowboy. In the mid fifties, the cowboy image was popularized by actor Paul Birch in 3 page magazine ads and in TV ads.

TRIVIA--in THE WAR OF THE WORLDS, Paul Birch played Alonzo Hogue, one of three men who were the first people to be vaporized by the invading Martians. A few years later, Birch became the first "Cowboy" Marlboro Man in TV and magazine ads.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In Alfred Hitchcock's NORTH BY NORTHWEST, Cary Grant's attorney, Victor Larrabee, was played by Edward Platt. A decade later, Platt played the Chief on the tv spy spoof GET SMART, and the chief's assistant was named Larabee. Larabee was played by Robert Karvelas, who was star Don Adams' cousin.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Producer Ilya Salkind, “One of the conditions with DC Comics was I had to make a list of actors to play Superman that they had to approve. I had made a list … that was absolutely hilarious because they had approved people like Cassius Clay then, they had approved Al Pacino, they had approved Dustin Hoffman. They had approved them, they could play Superman.”

Neil Diamond, scrawny, gigantic haired singer of "Sweet Caroline" could be a good choice... Diamond supposedly worked hard for the role, despite the fact that he looked and sounded suspiciously like Neil Diamond - which in itself should have given him an indication of how badly suited he was to the role. Ilya Salkin later spoke at the Wizard World Anaheim Comic Con to admit that Diamond had seriously been under consideration:

TRIVIA---over 200 actors auditioned for the starring role in the 1978 SUPERMAN, including producer Ilya Salkind's wife's dentist. Neil Diamond lobbied intensely for the role and Salkind later admitted, "After meeting a lot of actors, such as Jon Voight, we even met Neil Diamond, don't ask me why - I knew in my heart of hearts it had to be an unknown."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thomas Browne Henry--Vice Admiral Enright/Prof. Charles Ruch
Clark Howat---Sgt. Nash/Bert Weatherby

TRIVIA---character actors Thomas Browne Henry and Clark Howat appeared in two aviation movies which inspired later hit movies.
In Ray Harryhausen's EARTH VS. THE FLYING SAUCERS, Thomas Browne Henry played xxxx and Clark Howat played xxx. EARTH VS. THE FLYING SAUCERS has flying saucers attack Washington, DC which inspired the hit sci fi movie INDEPENDENCE DAY in which giant alien spaceships attack Washington, DC.
In AIRPORT, the first of the disaster movies, Henry played xzxxx and Howat played airline supervisor xxx. AIRPORT's huge success led to other disaster movies including THE TOWERING INFERNO, THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE and others.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

TRIVIA---character actress Debralee Scott co-starred on the tv series MARY HARTMAN, MARY HARTMAN and FERNWOOD FOREVER. Her most prominent movie roles were POLICE ACADEMY and POLICE ACADEMY 3: BACK IN TRAINING. Scott's first role was in Clint Eastwood's DIRTY HARRY as the corpse of Ann Mary Deacon, a victim of the Scorpio serial killer.
Scott's fiance, John Dennis Levi, was a New York Port Authority policeman who died in the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack. Unable to cope with his death, Scott's became an alcoholic and may have died of cirrhosis. Scott took a nap and never woke up. An autopsy was inconclusive. Her sister, Jerri, said, "She never did get over Dennis' death." Scott's good friend, actress Anne Lockhart said, "The truth is that sweet soul died of a broken heart. God bless her."
One of Hughes' better-known roles

Scott's fiancé John Dennis Levi, a police officer with the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, died in the September 11, 2001 attacks.[4]
In 2005, Scott moved to Florida to live with her sister. Shortly after her arrival, Scott fell into a coma and was hospitalized. She recovered and was released from the hospital on her birthday. Three days later, on April 5, 2005, she took a nap and died in her sleep. Her body was cremated.[5]
Her fiancé's mother later stated that Scott had a drinking problem, which led to her developing cirrhosis and, eventually, her death. Her sister Jerri added that "she never did get over Dennis' death"

TRIVIA---more James Bond movie trivia.
Desmond Llewelyn played Q in a record 17 James Bond movies. For his first appearance as Q in FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE in 1963, Llewelyn was paid 400 pound sterling (some reports claim it was only 30 pounds sterling) which would be a paltry $10,180 in 2023.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by dragon53 on Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:37 am, edited 2115 times in total.

Luftpanzer1
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: 1989

Post by Luftpanzer1 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:38 pm

Im waiting for this one THE LORD PF THE RINGS: THE RINGS OF POWER

Luftpanzer1
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: 1989

Post by Luftpanzer1 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:39 pm

Im waiting for this one THE LORD PF THE RINGS: THE RINGS OF POWER