TV Miniseries "The Company"

This is the place to put those reference links, posts on books, movies, photos, and etc.
ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General

TV Miniseries "The Company"

Post by ostketten » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:31 am

Just started watching the TV miniseries "The Company" starring Michael Keaton... http://www.tnt.tv/series/thecompany/ Man, this is GREAT stuff :!: I generally am not a big fan of this "cloak and dagger" spy kind of thing, but this show is really fascinating, probably because it is based largely on true events. Keaton plays the role of James "Jesus" Angleton, the legendary CIA spymaster and onetime chief the Counter Intelligence Division. As many of you may know "The Company" is a euphemism for the CIA, and I highly recommend this for anyone who is interested in the cold war era, and the "war" between the United States & the Soviets that went on behind the scenes in dark alleys and dimly lit smoke filled rooms.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

MG-42

The Company

Post by MG-42 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:28 pm

* I'm familiar. ... I like the "cloak and dagger" stuff. I've seen a couple of episodes but have'nt been keeping up w/ it lately.

* The Eye of the Needle w/ "Donald Sutherland" , was a good "cloak and dagger" flick though. * 8)

Mitch v MG
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:45 pm

Thanks for the review, I've been mulling this one over for awhile now. It sounds very much in the vain of "Tinker, Tailer, Soldier, Spy" and "Smiley's People" with Alec Guinness, which are about as good as can be found.
Tanks for the memories
Your breachblocks so black
And oodles of track
Here at Grafenwoehr it's so good to be back
Oh, tanks for the memories..