Early production Tiger I road wheel diameter.

This is the place to put those reference links, posts on books, movies, photos, and etc.
flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Early production Tiger I road wheel diameter.

Post by flpickupman » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:30 am

Anyone have the diameter specs for Early Tiger road wheels? Mostly I was wondering if I might be able to get away with using the 1/16 wheels found on the airsoft Tiger on my North Africa custom.

Thanks.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

grockwood
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by grockwood » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:23 pm

Don't have access to date at the moment but you can figure the size out if you already have the 1/16 road wheel. Measure the 1/16 road wheel and multiply by 16. For example if the road wheel is 2 Inches, That would represent 32 inches. You can then divide 32 inches by 18. The answer, 1 3/4(roughly), would be the size a 1/18 road wheel would be.

Another way to figure it would be that a 2 in road wheel represents a real life version of 32 in for 1/16 scale and a 36 in version for 1/18 scale.

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:05 am

I don't have the 1/16 Tiger yet, but figure I'll be getting one if only for the Feilfel air cleaner. Thanks for the math grockwood. :D
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

pickelhaube
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by pickelhaube » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:28 pm

The older rubber wheels are the same diameter as the steel wheels. The only thing that realy stands out is the dish. If you look at photos the older rubber wheels almost come out to the edge of the tracks. The 1/16 bogies will be way to big to work.
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller