The Pacific - Sequel to Band of Brothers

This is the place to put those reference links, posts on books, movies, photos, and etc.
tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

The Pacific - Sequel to Band of Brothers

Post by tkjaer21 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:58 pm

Does anyone know when or if the Band of Brothers sequel "The Pacific" will be coming out? I heard in 2007 a while back but I cannot find any info on it anymore. Did the series get scratched?
Many thanks,
tkjaer21

ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by ostketten » Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:13 pm

Is this what you are looking for ??......
http://www.upcomingepics.com/pacific_war/
This is not a sequel per se, at least not from what I can tell. Hope this helps.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

kevrut

xd

Post by kevrut » Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:17 pm

I've never heard of this before. Will this be a sequel with the same actors from Band of Brothers? Were they shipped to the Pacific after the war in Europe was over? :shock:
I hope it comes out, B.o.B. is my favorite movie. :)

tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by tkjaer21 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:43 pm

Yeah thats it. Thanks ostketten. I would only assume that it is still in production, but I cannot find anything.

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:16 am

I've never heard of this before. Will this be a sequel with the same actors from Band of Brothers? Were they shipped to the Pacific after the war in Europe was over?
No, it is not a sequel, it's a totally new production from the creators of BoB, and It's not likely that the same actors will be featured in "The Pacific War'". The 506th never made it to the Pacific, the war ended while they were still in Europe. Here is a quote from the site...."HBO will also feature Tarawa, Iwo Jima, Okinawa. Nine episodes of gut-wrenching combat"... I'll be keeping my eye on this one, if it comes to fruition, it should be a good one.
I would only assume that it is still in production, but I cannot find anything.
TKJ, I found this forum that is devoted entirely to the supposed release of "The Pacific War"... http://www.the-pacific-war.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=2
It's hard to gather whether the thing will ever come out or not, but this might be a good place to keep tabs on it.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by tkjaer21 » Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:47 pm

Many thanks, Ostketten.

7thva_hunter
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by 7thva_hunter » Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:05 pm

They should do Nam Band of Brothers. :idea:

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:18 am

Sounds Great & I will be looking forward to this :D

Must admit I`d love to see one of these from a British perception one day :D Plenty of Personal account/Regt Account books out there on so many units on both PTO & ETO.

Ja
Steel Bonnet

macvsog
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by macvsog » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:46 am

This is, as people said, not a sequal. Spielberg optioned the majority of all pacific war books for this and it will likely follow a group of USO workers and the stories that they are told by all different sorts of soldiers across the pacific. This USO thing may change, it is unclear.

The stories will be taken from the books, some of which are: with the old breed and goodbye darkness ( I know this because I was involved with the optioning of with the old breed). Spielberg literally owns almost every book on the pacific now and it's really very sad what they are doing with them.

In all reality you will not see this before 2010 at earliest. Some people are saying 2008, but they are wrong. They have not gone into production yet and they have not even finished writing them yet.

This is being done by Spilberg's number two guy, who was the guy on "Into the West" (which I unfortunately worked on) and who I know personally and have worked with and... he will mess this up. He doesn't have an appreciation for history or for the pacific and it was his idea to make it a USO thing.

This has a very big possibilty of being terrible. It may get turned around as their are internal grumbling, but we will see.

Hopefully it is better than it would be if they made it now,
-mike-

http://community.webshots.com/user/macvsog101st