The Great Battle on the Volga

This is the place to put those reference links, posts on books, movies, photos, and etc.
ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General

The Great Battle on the Volga

Post by ostketten » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:06 pm

Found this on Google Videos.... 1 hr. 15 mins. in length featuring actual footage of the battle recorded by Soviet combat cameramen.. Compiled and released 1n 1962 during the Khrushchev era, it contains no references to Stalin, a refreshing change for anything Soviet IMO.. :lol:

The Great Battle on the Volga: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... IE_FEATURE#
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:46 pm

Great find ostketten 8) 8) 8)
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:32 pm

Great find ostketten
Yeah, I've only watched a small part thus far, but the historical footage is pretty cool. I found Google/YouTube links to a bunch of contemporary Russian films in Color that cover just about every Major Soviet offensive of the war... Kharkov, the 43' Dnieper offensive, Kursk, Bagration, and others. It's all in Russian (no subs unfortunately) but the battle scenes are pretty awesome in any language. I'll try to post up links to some of these as my schedule permits.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"