US Modern Camo?

This is the place to put those reference links, posts on books, movies, photos, and etc.
Fritzkrieg
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

US Modern Camo?

Post by Fritzkrieg » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:02 pm

I was watching a show on the Military Channel, I believe it was called "Alpha Company". I noticed the Marines were wearing Woodland Camo Shirts and trousers, but their Flaks were Desert Tan, and they wore Digital Desert Camo Helmet covers. I understand that a lot of soldiers were still wearing Woodland camo flaks, over their tri-color and digital desert camo fatigues. Which made sence, since, it wood take longer to manufacture flaks, than it would the fatigues. Is there a modern US Camo guide wich, shows which branches were issued which camo, and in what theaters. Seeing US soldiers wearing these mix and match camo fatigues and equip. reminds me of the SS in WWII, and there hodge podge mix of camo patterns.

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:18 am

As for the Marine Corps, they utilize their own digital pattern, be it desert or woodland. While what you may have seen was likely during a transition from the old pattern to the digital pattern, they have completely transitioned to the digital patterns. The Army I believe transitioned to their ACU pattern(used in all environments IIRC) shortly after the Marines introduced their digital pattern. There is some talk of the Army switching to a different type of camo(I don't recall the name, it's been marketed to hunters thus far) due to the pattern allegedly being better able to work in multiple environments.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

popeye357
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by popeye357 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:18 pm

At the start of the war(this one) there wasnt enough cammo to go around, lots of backorders and stalled supplies. When I went, we bought our own and then were issued new stuff later. We still had woodland cammo body armor and in some cases we had Vietnam era helmets (on a ship)