valkyrie

This is the place to put those reference links, posts on books, movies, photos, and etc.
ARMY GROUP 1
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

valkyrie

Post by ARMY GROUP 1 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:53 pm

Just saw the trailer for the Tom Cruise movie 'VALKYRIE' due to released late January in Australia. It looks rich in detail with plently of German military shots. Just a glance look at the actor playing Hitler, I think he looks believable, but too soon to tell. I wonder if they suceed in blowing up Hitler or do they fail? Cannot wait to see.

Panzer_M
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Panzer_M » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:41 pm

Bruno Granz did the best job of Hitler, esp the voice in Downfall

I posted the final trailer in OT
good traders/sellers/buyers
Alloyskull(x2), PanzerArm(x2), Ostketten, Mikeg,tmanthegreat,Coreyeagle48

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:50 pm

nope they fail if it base on history...
whats up doc....

panzertruppen
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by panzertruppen » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:39 pm

This film looks great! Can't wait to see it!
"The engine of the Panzer is a weapon just as the main gun."

Major-General Heinz Guderian

panzertruppen
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by panzertruppen » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:33 pm

caesarbc wrote:Is the film about Von Shafflenburg's (sp?)attempted assination plot? I read something a whileback about Valkyrie in that it was actually the German action plan in case something happenned to Hitler. I think the conspirators changed the plan to somehow use the chaos to take control of the reich. My history and facts are a little fuzz on this.
Yes, Operation Valkyrie was a plan approved by Hitler for a shadow government to take control if he was dead and Germany in turmoil.
The conspirators plan was to kill Hitler, take control through Valkyrie and negociate peace with the Allies.
"The engine of the Panzer is a weapon just as the main gun."

Major-General Heinz Guderian

ARMY GROUP 1
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

released

Post by ARMY GROUP 1 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:57 am

Just got home after seeing the movie released today in Australia Jan 22. Quite enjoyed it, worth seeing, would have liked to have seen more armour, only a few minutes in Africa in that respect. Moved along and kept my interest, although I knew the story from a older film based on the same story. Interestingly his wife made it through the war and died in 2006.

VMF115

Re: released

Post by VMF115 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:29 am

ARMY GROUP 1 wrote:Just got home after seeing the movie released today in Australia Jan 22. Quite enjoyed it, worth seeing, would have liked to have seen more armour, only a few minutes in Africa in that respect. Moved along and kept my interest, although I knew the story from a older film based on the same story. Interestingly his wife made it through the war and died in 2006.
Did you our your wife fight in WWII?

ARMY GROUP 1
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

wife

Post by ARMY GROUP 1 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:51 pm

It just surprised me learn Claus von Stauffenberg's wife died in 2006 given from my understanding Hilter had hundreds of Germans excuted after the attempt on his life, which in many cases would have included the entire family as retribution.
As a side issue my father died in 1976 and was a prisoner of war for three and a half years by the Japanese, which no doubt hassened his death at 58 years old.