Sun Tzu's The Art of War

This is the place to put those reference links, posts on books, movies, photos, and etc.
ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General

Sun Tzu's The Art of War

Post by ostketten » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:49 pm

Sun Tzu's "The Art of War", I found this book in the bargain rack for $3.99 at Borders. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the name, Sun Tzu was a Chinese general and military strategist circa 450 BC. I'm not sure how applicable his theories are to modern combat, but his teachings have been studied and revered by military commanders down through the ages, and are still studied even today. At any rate, for under 5 bucks I figured I couldn't go wrong.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

tmanthegreat

Re: Sun Tzu's The Art of War

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:40 pm

ostketten wrote:Sun Tzu's "The Art of War", I found this book in the bargain rack for $3.99 at Borders. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the name, Sun Tzu was a Chinese general and military strategist circa 450 BC. I'm not sure how applicable his theories are to modern combat, but his teachings have been studied and revered by military commanders down through the ages, and are still studied even today. At any rate, for under 5 bucks I figured I couldn't go wrong.
Excellent read. It is on my bookshelf, along with other great literary, historical, and military classics :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:47 pm

Great military strategy and interesting insights into human nature. Try some Machiavelli next.

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.