The Final Countdown: F-14s vs A6M2 Zeros.

This is the place to put those reference links, posts on books, movies, photos, and etc.
Panzer_M
Officer - Brigadier General

The Final Countdown: F-14s vs A6M2 Zeros.

Post by Panzer_M » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:16 am

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080736/quotes
]The USS Nimitz, a modern-day nuclear aircraft carrier, is drawn through a time warp from 1980 to a couple days before the Japanese assault on Pearl Harbor, and the crew must decide whether to launch a preemptive strike against the incoming Japanese carrier fleet with their more advanced air wing, or allow history to take its course, which might not happen since they had rescued Senator Chapman, who disappeared shortly before the attack, from his death.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyjNInIH4Hw

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:14 am

Seen that moive many times,,, 8)
I loved that moive, my dad took me when it came out.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:50 am

Saw it in the 5$ walmart DVD bin today..didn't buy as I had never heard of it, although it might be worth it for the At-6/Zero vs F-14 stuff alone.

I am looking for a cheap copy of the Philadelphia Experiment or whatever the movie is called..saw it twice as a kid, and not in years.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Fri May 23, 2008 7:16 am

Great movie! One of my favs.

Fox Tare-28
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Fox Tare-28 » Fri May 23, 2008 1:16 pm

Panzer_M wrote:Saw it in the 5$ walmart DVD bin today..didn't buy as I had never heard of it, although it might be worth it for the At-6/Zero vs F-14 stuff alone.

That's one of the best scenes in the entire movie. It was also one of the most difficult to shoot, since the Zero replicas were flying at full throttle and the F-14's were close to stall speed. One of the pilots flying those Zeroes was USMC double ace Archie Donahue who flew Wildcats and Corsairs, and shot down five A6M3's in a single day (He finished the war with nine victories).

I have the full screen edition (Not bad), but there is also a widescreen edition, and a two disc special edition.