WWII Maps

This is the place to put those reference links, posts on books, movies, photos, and etc.
ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General

WWII Maps

Post by ostketten » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:07 am

This is probably mostly of interest to serious military history buffs, or possibly wargamers, but I thought I would post it anyway. The United States Military Academy History Dept. has one of the finest collections of WWII maps anywhere. Maps are available from other historical periods as well, and they can be viewed online or downloaded. A fantastic collection in my opinion, look here... http://www.dean.usma.edu/history/web03/ ... tents.html
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

MG-42

Historical Maps !

Post by MG-42 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:34 am

WoW ! * :shock: ... Very interesting and essential indeed. 8) ... Thanks for sharing this Scott. :wink:

Mitch v MG
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:06 pm

wow- great find -
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:57 am

I'm glad you guys found it of interest. I downloaded all the maps from the ETO and burned them to CD-ROM disk, eventually I'll do the same with the maps from the Pacific theater, Korea, and Vietnam. 8)
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"