Spare BBI Zero, any suggestions?

This is the place to put those reference links, posts on books, movies, photos, and etc.
Airacobra
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Spare BBI Zero, any suggestions?

Post by Airacobra » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:37 am

I have a spare BBI Zero that I want to modify somehow but I'm not sure what to do with it. I would rather do something interesting rather then just repainting it but I'm not sure what to do with it. I was thinking about trying to make an A7M Reppu out of it but it looks like a major rebuild. How about an A6M5? Any ideas?

Razor17019
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Razor17019 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:48 am

How about a Japanese Zero float plane?
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:53 pm

make a kamikaze plane out of it. This model of zero were used in large numbers as kamikazes. Scratch build a bomb, custom up a pilot, weather it heavily, and add oodles of flak damage.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:40 pm

aferguson wrote:make a kamikaze plane out of it. This model of zero were used in large numbers as kamikazes. Scratch build a bomb, custom up a pilot, weather it heavily, and add oodles of flak damage.
Adding to Aferg's idea, the head from the XD Japanese machine gunner figure (I forgot the figure's name) would work perfectly for a kamikaze pilot. The figure has the headband and a great "psychotic" screaming expression. With minor trimming of the peg, it would very likely fit onto the BBI Japanese pilot's body 8)
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:01 pm

interesting idea. I used a head i had that had a scarf over the mouth, as lots of japanese pilots wore them, for some reason. I painted on a rising sun head band as well.

I plan to do another zero kamikaze at some point, cause i like 'em...i think i'll use Tman's head idea for the next one.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Airacobra
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Airacobra » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:18 pm

I know this sounds like a huge project, but I may try to turn it into an A7M Reppu :shock:. Wish me luck........