Sniper: Anatomy Of A Kill

This is the place to put those reference links, posts on books, movies, photos, and etc.
ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General

Sniper: Anatomy Of A Kill

Post by ostketten » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:52 am

Just purchased this Russian DVD Titled "Snajper Oruzhie Vozmezdiya" which translates to something like "Sniper, The Deadly Weapon" or some such. In Russian with no subtitles, but the language of swift death needs no translation. My DVD should arrive next week, this is gonna be a good one. The trailer on YouTube here.... starts out in Stalingrad 1942...

"Snajper": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcAlyAvC0Vg
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:42 pm

ostketten where do you buy your dvds from? i want to get this movie.

Thanks.
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:53 pm

Stug45 wrote:ostketten where do you buy your dvds from? i want to get this movie.

Thanks.
http://www.russiandvd.com

Here's a direct link to the movie: http://www.russiandvd.com/store/product ... esubid=100

He's got an ebay store as well, but I didn't see this title there unfortunately. Just make sure your player can handle PAL format DVD's, most can nowadays, even if they don't advertise the fact. I can show you how to verify it based on your make & model of player if you're not sure.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:02 pm

Thanks ostketten 8)

I have a all region player.
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:14 pm

I have a all region player.
Cool. Just remember, region coding is not the same as "format", ie. NTSC, PAL and so on. Many of the inexpensive players nowadays will handle PAL right out of the box even if it doesn't say so in the manual.

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:20 pm

I had to use a code hack for my player. Heres the site i use.

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:37 pm

I had to use a code hack for my player. Heres the site i use.
Yep, I've done this on just about all my players using the Videohelp site you linked. A "region free" code hack won't do anything for the disk format however, and if your player is not set up for PAL from the factory, I believe the only way to change it is with a firmware update. The good news is about 80% of players now sold in the US will play PAL (the European standard format) right out of the box without any intervention from the consumer, and you can usually verify it pretty quickly just by doing a google search for tecnical info on your make and model of player. Not trying to sound like a know it all or anything, I'd just hate to see you buy a disk that's incompatible with your player. :wink: Cheers, Ost.

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:44 pm

Mine plays PAL. :)

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:23 pm

English sub titles?
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:30 am

English sub titles?
No.