Israeli war movie.... "Beaufort"

This is the place to put those reference links, posts on books, movies, photos, and etc.
ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Israeli war movie.... "Beaufort"

Post by ostketten » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:45 am

Just picked this up on my Netflix subscription... "Beaufort" an Israeli war movie made in 2007 about an infantry unit that occupies a hilltop fortress, part of which is a 12th century crusader castle. In Hebrew with English subtitles, this is the synopsis from Netflix: "In the final days of the Israeli occupation of Lebanon, a band of soldiers prepares for the evacuation of a mountain stronghold called Beaufort. Their leader is 22-year-old Liberti whose strict adherence to the rules puts the men in harm's way. As the evacuation draws near, Hezbollah steps up its attack, testing Liberti's mettle and the men's allegiance to him." Overall, I thought it was pretty good, and should be worth a look to anyone who has an interest in the Arab-Israeli conflicts. Like many films of this type, there seems to be a subtle anti war undercurrent just below the surface, but it's no problem for a war monger like me to look past that and appreciate the pure carnage of war... :lol:
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"