Days of Glory

This is the place to put those reference links, posts on books, movies, photos, and etc.
ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General

Days of Glory

Post by ostketten » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:56 pm

Just finished watching this flick "Days of Glory" a story of four North African soldiers fighting for the French in WWII. I really was not expecting much from this title, but it turned out to be an oustanding movie in every respect. An excellent mix of gritty combat and thought provoking drama, I highly recommend this movie for WWII fans. In French (and Arabic) with English subtitles, I got this at my local Blockbuster store, and it turned out to be one of the best WWII flicks I've seen in quite a while. Definitely worth a look if your local BB or other rental outlet carries it.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:09 pm

Ostketten is there alot of vehicles in the movie??

Heres a good list of ww2 movies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_world_war_II_films
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:49 pm

Ostketten is there alot of vehicles in the movie??
A few trucks, jeeps, that kind of thing. No armor that I can recall, this is a movie about foot soldiers, they basically walk everywhere...oh wait, do pack mules count...??? :lol: 8)
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:07 pm

I saw this a while back, it was ok, for watching a bunch of Moroccans fight in Italy.

Prob I'll have a higher opinion of it when I see what I'm thinking is going to be horrid, The Miracle of St. Anna.
good traders/sellers/buyers
Alloyskull(x2), PanzerArm(x2), Ostketten, Mikeg,tmanthegreat,Coreyeagle48

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:37 am

ok, for watching a bunch of Moroccans fight in Italy.
I believe they are Algerians, and the story follows them from training in North Africa, then combat in Italy, and culminates with some pretty intense fighting in the Alsace region of France. I personally found it a refreshing change from the stuff Hollywood churns out, but anyone looking for a foreign version of Saving Private Ryan or Band of Brothers will likely be disappointed.

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:23 am

ostketten wrote:
ok, for watching a bunch of Moroccans fight in Italy.
I believe they are Algerians, and the story follows them from training in North Africa, then combat in Italy, and culminates with some pretty intense fighting in the Alsace region of France. I personally found it a refreshing change from the stuff Hollywood churns out, but anyone looking for a foreign version of Saving Private Ryan or Band of Brothers will likely be disappointed.
I had it on in the background while playing CombatMission:CMAK, so I wasn't watching it intently..checked it out from the neighborhood library, might have to check it out again.
good traders/sellers/buyers
Alloyskull(x2), PanzerArm(x2), Ostketten, Mikeg,tmanthegreat,Coreyeagle48