Best Panther Book to Date

This is the place to put those reference links, posts on books, movies, photos, and etc.
khatean
Corporal
Corporal

Best Panther Book to Date

Post by khatean » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:02 pm

Volume One 'Drive Train and Hull' Panther Project from The Research Squad showed up today in the mail. Wow, I can't stop looking through it.
If mechanical detail is your flavor, then this is the book to satisfy that hunger. I have Speilbergers book which was the best (technically) in my opinion, but this one has everything in color with large photos, small text. Once the other volumes are printed the collection will be the premier reference volumes for the Panther tank.
There is also a link to the Weatcroft collection which has the Panther Manual online as well as many excellent hi-res photo's of other tanks in the collection.

http://www.theresearchsquad.com/

MG-42
Officer - Brigadier General

[+] Panther Technical Data

Post by MG-42 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:28 pm

[+] > Sounds like this would be ideal for somebody who's planning a restoration project even though I like mechanical and technical data myself. * 8)

Mitch v MG
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:23 pm

Sounds like this would be ideal for somebody who's planning a restoration project
I agree, but for an all-around reference the book by Jentz, "Germany's Panther Tank" is hard to beat.

Link: Germany's Panther Tank
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"