For Hellcat Lovers.

This is the place to put those reference links, posts on books, movies, photos, and etc.
MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

For Hellcat Lovers.

Post by MightyMustang » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:51 pm

If there is one dvd to get about the F6F Hellcat then you have to get the "Roaring Glory Warbirds Vol 1: Hellcat" dvd. This is awsome. Pilot Steve Hinton takes you on a thrilling ride on the Planes Of Fame's F6F-5 Hellcat. He takes through a walk around of the Hellcat and goes over every detail of the plane. Then he straps you in for a ride of a life time. Also on the dvd you get mutiple camera angles, the original pilot training video, a story on Maj Bruce Porter plus alot of other fun stuff.

Another dvd to check out is "Kill That Zero". This dvd gives you great combat footage of the F6F in action plus you get to see how it was manufactured at Grumman.

Books? I'd say the best 2 are the F6F In Detail And Scale by Bert Kinzey and the F6F In World War 2 by Barrett Tilmann. The Deatil And Scale book is very good as a reference guide if you want to build and F6F model or you want to do some custom things to your 1/18th Hellcat. Mr Tilmanns book tells you everything about the Hellcat in World War 2 from the builders of the F6F to the pilots that flew it.

If yor a Hellcat lover like I am you have to get the things I listed above. They are things no Hellcat fan should be without.

:D
"You dont know the power of the darkside, it is your destiny" Lord Vader.

Rogue
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Rogue » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:03 pm

WILCO!

Where did you find them?

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:13 pm

Rogue wrote:WILCO!

Where did you find them?
The dvd's I found believe it or not at Best Buy and the books can be ordered at your local bookstore. The Detail And Scale book you can get at your local hobby shop too. I just ordered the "Roaring Glory Warbirds: Mustang" dvd and that one should be really good. If your looking for a good dvd set on the Corsair get the "Corsair Experience" by E Fighter Productions. Its a 4 dvd set with 8 hours of Corsair video. It even gives you insight on how Marines Dream was built.

Heres the website on the Corsair Experience:

www.thecorsairexperience.com
"You dont know the power of the darkside, it is your destiny" Lord Vader.