Dogfights! cancelled?

This is the place to put those reference links, posts on books, movies, photos, and etc.
Rogue
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Dogfights! cancelled?

Post by Rogue » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:45 am

I keep hearing mixed messages about Dogfights being cancelled.
Anyone know whats really going on?

I wonder why Bad Cat or the Big3 don't advertise during these episodes.
Seems that would help spread the XD Pox! ;)

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:45 pm

I was wondering that myself, though I've not heard any rumors yet...

First, the show was being advertised and even aired in the 9:00pm Friday slot. I then went to go watch it Friday a few weeks ago and they only showed a Human Weapon re-run. Afterwards, it seemed that Dogfights was moved to the 9:00pm Thursday slot, but it wasn't shown yesterday and I'm not sure that it was shown the week before. Its not being advertised like Human Weapon or even some of the new shows coming out in the next few weeks.

Either way, its odd... Perhaps the show wasn't doing as well as the History Channel hoped it would. I could see the Human Weapon show getting more viewers due to the emphasis on martial arts, the fighting, etc., all of which have more appeal to the general public than a bunch of old planes shooting at each other. Aparently, even Ice Road Truckers had a rather large following (though I personally found it to be a stupid knock-off of the Discovery Channel's excellent show "Deadliest Catch," arctic conditions, cash-count, and all...

Then again, perhaps the History Channel got ahead of themselves and hadn't finished all the computer work for the remaining episodes of Dogfights, hence the delay. Should that even be the case, one would wonder why an incomplete show was ever aired as that's not normal practice...

Too bad, it was a fun show!
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Rogue
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Rogue » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:55 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:
Too bad, it was a fun show!
Yep, as wa loose our hero's at an increasing rate, time is of the essence.

They can do "Ice Cream Truckers" anytime.

aae83
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by aae83 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:16 pm

If you dig around a bit, you can find upcoming scheduled showings of Dogfights at www.history.com. Here's a link to the CST schedule for the next couple of weeks (four episodes will be running tomorrow, though none are new):

http://www.history.com/search.do?search ... meZone=CST

I'm also disappointed they moved this from the Friday night slot: that was the one night I could pretty much count on being available to watch it. Not having a regular schedule (or TiVo) also makes it tough to record for later viewing.

Hopefully, they'll come out with the DVD series soon after they declare an "end" to their season...

aae
Was it for this my life I sought? Maybe so, and maybe not...

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:16 am

It is on today from 12-4 by me.