NEW MEMBERS: READ THE TRADING RULES BEFORE POSTING!

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

NEW MEMBERS: READ THE TRADING RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Post by aferguson » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:46 pm

We've had a lot of new members make posts, looking for buy/sell/trades lately.

You have to be an active member for at least six months before you can conduct any b/s/t business on the board.

I don't have time to remind everyone so if your posts keep getting deleted.....that's why.

Repeated offenses will result in you being banned from the boards.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

tparkhere
Sergeant
Sergeant

New member question

Post by tparkhere » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:08 pm

I am a new member, and I have a question.

I understand that the rule is a new member is not allowed to buy/sell/trade until 6 months have passed.

I understand about not being able to sell because buyers are taking a risk with an unknown, new member. BUT, why is a new member not allowed to buy immediately? Since I, a new member, is giving the money to the seller first and there is no risk to the seller.

Just asking. Because I would love to purchase some items now.

tparkhere :)

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:35 pm

one reason is because there are so many ways of reversing payment after goods are shipped. So the person sends, new buyer receives and then gets his money back too......common scam.

Main reason is to discourage scammers from being here period. Doing a couple of honest buys, gets a bit of trust going, then bam, cheats a bunch of people.

By having to wait six months it's such a long period of time they won't want to wait and just go elsewhere to try and scam.

Note that it's not just being a member for six months...it's being an ACTIVE member for six months. So you have to participate and post regularily....again to discourage scammers from signing up, leaving and coming back in six months to scam.

tparkhere
Sergeant
Sergeant

Got it.

Post by tparkhere » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:26 pm

Thanks for the explanation. I did not realize you could scam it that way.

Since I did not see this reply sooner, I have asked the same question on another thread. Sorry about that.

Well, I guess I have to introduce my self and starting posting.

Thank you.

Tom :)

art2614
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by art2614 » Thu May 28, 2009 5:54 pm

What if you send a money order, then the buyer is taking ALL the risk? I have also seen members with only a handfull of post and they start a buy/sell/ or trade thread. I thought you had to be an ACTIVE member? I get mine deleted when looking to buy an item from a member. I am not trying to rip anyone off, I only want to buy a certain item for a reasnable price instead of paying inflated ebay prices.
A place for 1/18 chit chat with no BS
www.fighting118th.com
[img]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w26/KISSDAWIND/temp_logo.jpg[/img]

bigriver
Corporal
Corporal

Post by bigriver » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:17 pm

good rule I agree..although so much good stuff for sale it hard to wait.
Mighty ships of war!

iballdriver
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by iballdriver » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:20 am

is it six calander months or six months to the day? counting down my days........FWIW, A320 pilot for a major airline, would like to start establish a good name/rep for the b/s/t folks. just a buyer-trying to add to my little collection.
bc
coleslaw is a condiment.
Good Trader: Delta Team
vulgarvulture

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:56 am

six months exactly, to the day.

iballdriver
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by iballdriver » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:00 pm

thanks for the clarification-and have a great weekend y'all!
coleslaw is a condiment.
Good Trader: Delta Team
vulgarvulture

sax5thave
Corporal
Corporal

Post by sax5thave » Sun May 02, 2010 3:39 pm

Dang, missed this one. Back to ebay..
TRADE REFERENCES: tmanthegreat, Grilledcheese, Tkjaer21, Delta Team, Blacksnakes, flayrah. fast mover, evilanimation, YT, Jnewboy

Rick Barrett
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: NEW MEMBERS: READ THE TRADING RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Post by Rick Barrett » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:25 pm

I pre-emptively posted thinking being a member of the old forum would have been good enough, feel free to delete. However, how about a chance to prove oneself? I'm a world reknowned bladesmith with a flawless reputation and more than willing to share any and all pertinent info. I've collected since I was a kid (gi joe and such) but I've never had enough time to really do more than lurk on online forums pertaining to the hobby. Not really sure what being an active member would entail since I only collect pieces in random spurts as time away from the forge allows.

astronut1885
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by astronut1885 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:56 pm

I agree with some of the limitations, especially with selling items, but also feel that limiting the ability to buy on here because I'm a newbie is a bit harsh. Ebay is scalper-ville, and on here you can get something from the community at a much better price and also help another collector out by getting him out from under whatever piece he's trying to sell. I have 1600+ positive feedbacks on Ebay that can back up the fact that I'm not going to scam anybody, I've got countless + feedback on my Mustang forum that also says I trade fairly, and that's with high-value car parts. I found this forum because it seems to be the only place where people are trying to improve on JSI's fumble of a 1/18 Tomcat, and for me to even start working on creating one of the masterpieces I've seen on here, I need to get a JSI bird, and these classifieds sure seem like the place to do it. I sure hope my WTB listing doesn't get dumped, and feel free to look me up on ebay (username astronut3 ) to see that I am not trying to pull a fast one in here.

Thanks.

BTW- AFerguson: your signature is friggin hilarious! It took me about 3 seconds to get it, and then I chuckled at myself and realized the cleverness. Nice.

B17Fortress
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by B17Fortress » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:40 pm

Will the red box containing the "you must have been a member for 6 months" dissapear once the 6 months have been served?

I thought I could begin conversing in this forum because I have been a member for 6 calender months, but now it has to be 181 days (I think) of active service.

*Sigh*

BLACKSNAKES
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by BLACKSNAKES » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:51 am

I think the red box is there no matter how long you have been a member. At least I can see it and I have been a member for over a year. You should be ok to post in the bst forum.

Welcome aboard!

Jim
Good Trader List:
cardenas
popeye357
ram04
xddave
hworth18
PanzerArm
nooker21
paulwong
gliderdwm
sax5thave
Jnewboy
tpa05
warbike

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:17 am

I would agree with Blacksnakes, you should be good to go, but you might send aferguson a pm to be sure.

Jim

Threetoughtrucks
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:40 am

The infamous "red box" is shown to all members, no matter how long you are a member. Is it really that big a problem to just ignore it? :roll:

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

B17Fortress
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by B17Fortress » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:25 am

Thanks for your responces!

I look forward to purchasing items from people here in the near future...

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:26 am

the red box is only visible to members who are on the cusp of being removed from the forums for repeated infractions.

Just kidding.

B17, you were good to go 8 days ago. Feel free to indulge and thank you for your patience.

B17Fortress
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by B17Fortress » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:27 am

YAY!

PanzerArm

Post by PanzerArm » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:25 pm

I think this thread should be bold and bright red on the B/S/T forum so that newbies see it. I keep seeing them try and jump right on in and maybe if it were a bit more obvious we might not have as many breaking the rules.

-Kevin

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:16 am

you mean like the big red banner across the top of the forum?

PanzerArm

Post by PanzerArm » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:20 am

Well that is good, but I mean the thread itself. People are so used to seeing banners at the top of pages, usually ads, that they might scroll right to the meat of the page(the threads), and then commence with rule breaking. My idea was to make the thread itself, the one we're typing in now, more noticeable somehow. That way there is something in much closer proximity to the actual threads, and more likely to be read IMO.

-Kevin

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:23 am

aferguson wrote:you mean like the big red banner across the top of the forum?

I have been to other forums that keep the BST area locked for certain members. I’m not sure if this is possible or not but new members could submit a request to have access or have it automatically granted after 6 months. I like the idea of submitting a request. That way it can be reviewed by a moderator and granted. Like I said I don’t know if this is even possible but it’s a good idea if it is.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:12 pm

it is a good idea but i don't know if it's possible either. The banner at the top of this forum is pretty eye catching to anyone who is new here. I don't see where a banner could be put that would be more obvious.

The thread on trading rules is a back up to the banner and in another place and is also eye catching to anyone new.

I think people who flout the rules aren't trying very hard to see them or are simply ignoring them. The best defense is you guys who are constantly jumping up and down on their heads. :)

mecanico23
Corporal
Corporal

Post by mecanico23 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:56 am

I am a new member and six months has passed since I registered on the site, I can post something?