Trade Advisary: Steelbonnet

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Trade Advisary: Steelbonnet

Post by aferguson » Tue May 15, 2007 8:39 am

Until furher notice it is advised that you do not conduct any buy/sell/trades with board member Steelbonnet.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

billgiff
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by billgiff » Thu May 31, 2007 9:23 am

What happened with Steelbonnet? Did I miss something? Please advise.

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Thu May 31, 2007 10:24 am

i have been wondering where steelbonnet has been do you know anything Aferg?
If interrested in seeing more of my customs check out

http://www.freewebs.com/scopescustoms/index.htm

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu May 31, 2007 12:39 pm

don't know where he is.

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Thu May 31, 2007 12:45 pm

Dont you have to give your E-mail address when you join this site?
Check out his account :idea:
[img39]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/QueenofSky/BirdFlu.gif[/img39] [img39]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Acherontia_lachesis.jpg/200px-Acherontia_lachesis.jpg[/img39]

warhawker
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by warhawker » Thu May 31, 2007 1:32 pm

Just off subject here, but Moth your Moth photo freaks me out a bit!
Silence of the lamb-sih!

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Thu May 31, 2007 2:32 pm

Sorry, I did not mean it as a reference (actually, I just found out what SOTL is)

I just like that particular moth, it's quite a strange moth actually, it has a skull on it's back, and it raids beehives for honey. It can also squeak if annoyed. :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death%27s-head_Hawkmoth

I know the question that follows, here is the answer :lol: , I dont know why I like moths, maybe it's because I used to like to study insects when I was young, but not any more though. I guess it just stuck with me. Also, it's my name for all the forums I visit, so it's easy to remember.

The secound question that follows, no I dont have a pet moth, but I do have a pet Rabbit :lol:
[img39]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/QueenofSky/BirdFlu.gif[/img39] [img39]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Acherontia_lachesis.jpg/200px-Acherontia_lachesis.jpg[/img39]

STUKA
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by STUKA » Thu May 31, 2007 6:14 pm

rabbit?!
"But follow only if you are men of valour. For the entrance
to this cave is guarded by a monster, a creature so foul
and cruel that no man yet has fought with it and lived.
Bones of full fifty men lie strewn about its lair ...
therefore sweet knights if you may doubt your strength or courage
come no further, for death awaits you all with nasty pointy teeth."

...Tim

That is not an ordinary rabbit ... 'tis the most foul cruel
and bad-tempered thing you ever set eyes on.
ROBIN
You tit. I soiled my armour I was so scared!
TIM
That rabbit's got a vicious streak. It's a killer!
GALAHAD
| Oh, f@ck off.
+ Get stuffed. TIM
He'll do you up a treat mate!
GALAHAD
Oh yeah? ROBIN
| You turd!
+ Mangy scots git! TIM
Look. I'm warning you.
ROBIN What's he do? Nibble your bum?
TIM
Well, It's got huge ... very sharp ... it can jump a... look at the bones.
ARTHUR
Go on, Bors, chop its head off.
BORS
Right. Silly little bleeder. One rabbit stew coming up.
TIM

Look!
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Thu May 31, 2007 6:36 pm

Im scared to comment :|

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Thu May 31, 2007 6:39 pm

Nothing funnier than the killer rabbit scene!!!!! PYTHON FOREVER!
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Thu May 31, 2007 7:27 pm

Ok Moth. I wasn't scared untill you started telling us how much you know about that Moth. Are you sure your not breeding them in your basement? 8)

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Thu May 31, 2007 7:48 pm

My basement? No,

They are in my closet, I have about 1500 of them now.

:lol: Im joking :lol:

cruizin2000
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by cruizin2000 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:32 am

I always thought that Moth got his name because he is a fan of the airplane and I also thought that his avatar was an engine from a Moth. I've never met a fan of real moths.

The "face" on the moth's back made me think of General Grevious.

Monty Python rules!! I love Life of Brian.

C2000
Attack!!!!

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:12 pm

I saw a moth fly around a light bulb one night. It touched the hot glass bulb and fell to the ground dead.

:idea:

:?:
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

billgiff
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by billgiff » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:51 pm

What I hear from a reliable source was that Steelbonnet made some trades with other board members and screwed them. The board member (which I won't name) was one of a couple that sent XD items to him and never received their half of the trade. They didn't come forward because Steelbonnet was a well liked member of this forum. Now I don't wan't other people to tell me that I'm slandering Steelbonnet and that I don't know the whole story. I was told this information from a honest and great guy who goes out of his way to help other board members and welcomes all newcomers. I've built a good relationship with him and trust his word. Steelbonnet has since disappeared with our "forum members" items and is laughing at us. Like the scumbag "Bob Hughes" that C2000, Catman, myself and others took down, Steebonnet will eventually get his. There is enough scum on this Earth and it has no place here. Steelbonnet, if you're reading this and don't like it, tough. If you're a man with a backbone, stand up for what you've done and come clean. Prove me wrong and I'll apologize. I'm about 99.9% sure that you, just like "Bob Hughes" is a loser basement dweller that has no life and is miserable. You find that ripping off hard working, honest people gives you some kind of satisfaction for your inadequate life. Bottom line is that you're a loser!!!!!!
Like I stated before, prove me wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:32 pm

I am one of those people that are stuck without their half of a trade due to Steelbonnet's absence. I have also been in discussion with members who are in the same boat as I am trying to find a non-email way to contact him.

To be very clear, while the current situation is not good, Jason is no Bob Hughes. :?

He has had multiple good trade references including mine up to this point and a fantastic presence on this board for several years.

There has been zero funny business to my knowledge. In this case he just disappeared. No lies, no harassing e-mails, no threats, just gone..

Heck, you could still trade with Bob Hughes even after we figured him out because he was still hovering around, under different names and e-mail addresses, trying to do deals and ripping people off..

SB is just plane gone. You couldn't trade with him even if you wanted to.. :roll:

Ideally anyone that was going to knowingly take a leave of absence from the hobby would settle their business before going. In this case, for whatever reason, that didn't happen.

Either way, I'm fine with my "loss" as long as he and his family are ok and he returns sooner than later.
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:04 pm

is everyone certain that he has not taken ill, been injured..or worse etc.

Has anyone tried to phone him or try to contact family members? With all the boards he is on and all the trades he is done, somebody must know him well enough to contact him by phone at home..

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:24 pm

This thread was started by Aferg after I presented him with some information I gathered. I put out a call to other members on this board that live abroad and have had contact with Steelbonnet outside of this board. After 2 other members got back to me and both asked if I was wanting to contact Steelbonnet about a trade not completed, I knew I had to tell Aferg. I have not received my end of a trade from Steelbonnet too.
Jason (Steelbonnet) and I had entered into an agreement over a year ago for him to make some customized items for me. He even posted some pics of the items he was working on for me to the custom section of this board. The last pm he sent me was that he had sent off my "customized stuff". That was in April of this year. I have still not gotten anything delivered or even a tracking number nor gotten any response from Jason on this matter.

I would though have to agree with Grunt that SB is no "Bob Hughes". I know Jason has lost interest in this hobby after several personal events in his life. But he came back and got involved in this board again.
I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, but after hearing that others had trusted him and he did not fulfill his end of their bargins makes me want to reconsider.

I have made several attempts to contact Jason (Steelbonnet) outside of this board including emailing him and writing him a letter without a response. Iam a little upset, but mainly disappointed in Steelbonnet. The trades on this board are born of mutal love of this hobby. Trust is all we got to insure that everyone is treated fairly.
Jason - I would just like to hear from you and let us know what is going on? If there is some reason that you are unable to live up to your end of the trades you made, let us know. We are a forgiving bunch. But to leave us without any kind of word or clue is a very thoughtless thing to do.

Email me ([email protected]) or pm or just leave a general post to all here in this forum...
Prove us wrong!
I would be the first to admit I was wrong about you and delete this whole thing!
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

billgiff
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by billgiff » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:18 pm

As Razor17019 said, "prove us wrong"!!! But I do think that anyone who rip others off is still scum. Losing interest or not. A descent person would finish the trade, not just disappear. Until I'm proven differently,
Steelbonnet and Bob Hughes are in the same class.

MK
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MK » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:38 pm

Didn't his mother pass away late last year? Maybe there are issues surrounding that still? I'm not trying to defend, jut thought I would ask. He offered to send me a 1/18 Land Rover seat for a custom but never sent it. It was around that time so I never bothered to follow up on it.

MK

kevrut

xd

Post by kevrut » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:16 pm

This is a real bummer. :(

Sorry to see this happening.

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:26 am

I can add another one to the fire. Again, SB has always seemed respectable on the board, and he had the family issues, so I just let it go. But if others are having issues, I might as well mention it.

Last year, just before his mother passed, I had sent him some Eversparkle headless bodies for him to use. I had orignally said he could just have them, but he said he wanted to send something in return. He then said he had put together a package he would be sending out. A few weeks later, he posted about his mother passing. When I didn't hear from him, and he disappeared from the boards, I just wrote it off figuring at most what was lost? One or two figs on my part? After all, I sent Eversparkle and not some MIB 21C aircraft. I'm not going to bug someone for that if he is having major family problems.

So, I hope SB comes back online and clears all this up. And for those of you with bigger trades, he takes care of things.
Sometimes, the mind needs a shovel, rather than a pencil and paper, to express itself.

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:27 pm

I wonder if he has been in an accident or if something more serious has happened to him. That wouldn’t explain why Razor still hasn’t received his goods unless SB was just trying to pacify him till he could really send the items out. I know he disappeared from the hobby a while back and eventually did return. I guess if he was killed or something we would never know. I know my wife wouldn’t think to log on here and tell all of you if something was to happen to me. :shock:

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:46 pm

That's interesting; i was thinking the other day that eventually, over the years, we're going to have board members die, either naturally or accidentally and in most cases we'll never know.

If we don't see them posting anymore we'd just think they lost interest in the hobby and/or moved on, as so often happens.

The internet breeds peculiar relationship dynamics..

MG-42

Steelbonnet ?

Post by MG-42 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:21 pm

I was starting to think the same thing guys ,.. ( "toyktdlgh" and "aferg" ) . I sure hope nothing serious has happened , and that you other guys involved get back the stuff he ( Jason ) promised.

... v MG
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *