Thread Deleted

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Thread Deleted

Post by aferguson » Sun May 06, 2007 6:02 pm

The thread on the ebay/swastika issue has been deleted.

Racial slurs are not to be tolerated on this board and any repetition will result in an immediate and permanent ban of the offender(s).

aferguson
forum moderator
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

pickelhaube
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by pickelhaube » Sun May 06, 2007 6:15 pm

Hear ! Hear ! Thanks !!
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Sun May 06, 2007 7:19 pm

I don't see the thread for BaronVlad anymore. Is that the one that got deleted? If so, I can't respond to any recent comments, but he should still be present here!!!
Tanks for the memories
Your breachblocks so black
And oodles of track
Here at Grafenwoehr it's so good to be back
Oh, tanks for the memories..

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Sun May 06, 2007 7:27 pm

Is the problem the calls for including his website in the header?
Tanks for the memories
And oodles of track

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Sun May 06, 2007 8:00 pm

I'd just like to know so I don't add to the problem.
Tanks for the memories
And oodles of track

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun May 06, 2007 8:19 pm

yes it was the baronvlad thread......the deletion had nothing to do with him. It had to do with a number of racial slurs made in the thread.

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Sun May 06, 2007 8:39 pm

thanks
Tanks for the memories
And oodles of track

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Sun May 06, 2007 9:03 pm

Can the folks making those slurs be isolated so that we can continue? or am I adding to the prob?
Tanks for the memories
And oodles of track

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Sun May 06, 2007 9:25 pm

I understand to whole freedom of speech issue. But does allowing some to dictate what the rest can talk about count? I am of course assuming positive intents and hoped for results.
Tanks for the memories
And oodles of track

Jackson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Jackson » Sun May 06, 2007 9:57 pm

chunks wrote:I understand to whole freedom of speech issue. But does allowing some to dictate what the rest can talk about count? I am of course assuming positive intents and hoped for results.
Yes what about this whole freedom of speech- is it not allowed on this forum? I was reading the thread and called ebay- Jewbay is that a racial slur ? If it is then this po white trash honkie redneck trailer park bubba hillbilly you dont know nuthin cracker has had just about enuf of people and their whining ass sensitivity. I saw nuthing intentionally racial in that thread, just frustration of how certain items are allowed while others are not and it is just obvious that ebay has an agenda and not the people trying to sell their items whether it hurts somebodys feelings or not..... Sick of all this you hurt my feelings crap coming out of special interest groups.....and people all ready to jump on their Im persecuted band wagon... You can ban me for life on this forum if you so please but this is the last time I chime in on this........... TJJ

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon May 07, 2007 4:49 am

First off, the American notion of freedom of speech refers to political freedom of speech and was never intended to allow any jackass who felt like it, the right to be as obnoxious and insulting as he/she wanted and then go run and hide behind the Flag.

Secondly, racial slurs and personal insults are never, ever, ever going to be tolerated on this site. If you don't like it, then this probably isn't the place for you.

Capiche?

And as a personal observation: maybe some sensitivity would benefit some on here. If you had had nearly half of your race wiped out by the people who used the swastika as their symbol, maybe you might just have some hard feelings about the way it's used too. It's not like it happened 500 years ago. Many who lived through it are still alive today, as are their immediate descendants.

Now, since this is not a political forum, can we get back to talking about toys please..

Austeyr
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Austeyr » Mon May 07, 2007 5:08 am

HERE HERE ^^^^^^^^

Spudkopf
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Spudkopf » Mon May 07, 2007 5:31 am

G'day Aferguson

As usual you are doing an excellent job of policing the board and I agree the racial/religious slants have no place here.

However when I posted the original letter from Barry it was only as a warning to all here of how the eBay rules themselves can be misused. My only intention was to prevent a simular fate befalling others.

Barry has been in correspondence with eBay over the matter and in a reply that he sent to me today he stated "The crazy thing is now I'm told nothing that even includes any kind of German cross can be listed. I asked does that mean Tanks and planes they said yes, nothing German from WWII should be on ebay!" to me this means we all have the potential of the same kind of action if we try to sell our favourite collectables over at eBay.

Following in eBay's own words are rules that are pertinent to this discussion. As I read them there is no direct reference preventing the selling of German WWII models and toys unless the “including authentic German WWII memorabilia” clause is wrongly applied, or it would appear that the “eBay will review listings that are brought to its attention by its worldwide community” carries more weight the to written rules, that is unless you happen to be lucky enough to be dealling in coins or stamps that is.

eBay will review listings that are brought to its attention by its worldwide community, and will look at the entire listing to determine whether it falls within this rule.

Examples of items that will generally be removed

Items that bear symbols of the Nazis, the SS, or the KKK, including authentic German WWII memorabilia such as Olympic medals that bear such marks

Items that were owned by or affiliated with Nazi leaders

Music or films that promote hatred and racial supremacy

Holocaust denial books

Crime scene photographs or videos

Morgue shots

Letters and artwork from notorious felons

Electric chairs and related capital punishment items

Examples of items that may generally be listed:

German coins and postage stamps (cancelled or otherwise) from the WWII era regardless of markings

WWII memorabilia that does not bear the Nazi or SS markings

Books and movies about WWII or Nazi Germany, that do not contain propaganda even if the Nazi symbol appears on the item

War documentaries or documentary photos portraying victims of war or violence provided they do not contain propaganda

Items of historical importance associated with acts of violence against public figures

I still believe it is an important topic that everyone needs to be made aware of, just imagne what could befall you if one chooses sell an AT Me262 or 21stCT Tiger over at eBay!?! or for that matter the 1/18th S1 Stuka that I'm currently selling over at eBay.

But I will leave it to your better judgment.

David
Last edited by Spudkopf on Mon May 07, 2007 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
SPUD

Something's up with photobucket?????

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon May 07, 2007 5:41 am

the original letter you posted was never the problem. It was some of the comments in the ensuing discussion. Rather than selectively pick and choose posts, i just deleted the whole thread. The letter is fine.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Mon May 07, 2007 6:28 am

Spudkopf,
The reply by Ebay is disturbing because it can effect all of us in the way we buy/sell our hobby.

Problem with Ebay is: consistancy. If you say this item is banned and NO ONE can sell it. Fine. But, we have all seen items up for bid on Ebay that falls under the "this item can not be sold on Ebay" category.

Aferg, I am VERY impressed with you, our Canadian brother, on how you express our notion of freedom of speech. Thank you for stepping in when it is needed.
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Mon May 07, 2007 8:46 am

VERY well said. Thank you, Aferg. :)

And Razor is quite correct, it's the consistency that is the problem.

Ebay doesn't really go out hunting for "illegal" lists to be pulled but rather, rely on people to report "violations".

Then they do a shitty thing by pulling an auction off WITHOUT really examining it, to see whether it really does deserve to be removed.

So...if an auction gets reported, it will be removed. End of story. Ebay will then say that since they return you the listing fees, there's no foul.

Have I said Ebay REALLY sucks sometimes? X___x

Baronvlad's case is truly sad because a seller more than likely used Ebay policy as a tool to remove the competition.

If he ever get an E-store, please feel free to let us know.

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Mon May 07, 2007 9:17 am

I am a repeat customer of Barry and always found him to be accurate in his descriptions and quick in shipping. Can we ask of more?

The letter I received from Barry, said he was reported three times in short order, which brought the entire matter to eBays attention.

I find it troublesome that one person, having a gripe about an auction's content can have eBay kick someone off eBay. Must be nice, to have that power.

I missed the rants with namecalling but I'm not suprised. We all are (or at least most of us are) human and we make mistakes and get carried away with excitement but I agree with Aferg 100%, that this board is not the place to broadcast yo/ur personal feelings.

This board is about toys, Baronvald sells toys and his problems with eBay is worthy of discussion as a ban of all German toys accurately depected affects us all.

Good luck to Baronveld, and I hope he keeps me on his mailing list when he gets his website up.

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

Flak Happy
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Flak Happy » Mon May 07, 2007 9:32 am

So basically what it comes down too is, BE MINDFUL OF HOW YOU ADVERTISE YOU EBAY ITEM. No harm in that. My coworker is a huge WWII military collector and has been for some time. He also sell ALOT on ebay (needless to say most of it German) and has never had any problems, because of the way it is listed. Just have to use common sense, and keep it fun :wink: !! Leave the politics at home.

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Mon May 07, 2007 8:16 pm

Again Hear Here . Thanks!!

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Mon May 07, 2007 8:56 pm

speaking of freedom of Speech....

my birthday is May 9th.
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Mon May 07, 2007 8:58 pm

WOW! :shock: Mine is too!
What a small world!

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Tue May 08, 2007 3:54 am

Hey Guys,
Happy birthday to the both of you. :D
My birthday is on the 19th. You have about 12 shoping days to get my gift. I would like either a 1/18 pak 40 or another Russian Mig.
Thanks in advance :D

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Tue May 08, 2007 6:49 am

May's a busy month. Mines the 14th. My daughter's is the 29th. Told her if she wants the bike she's looking for, Dad better get some good stuff :wink:
Sometimes, the mind needs a shovel, rather than a pencil and paper, to express itself.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Tue May 08, 2007 7:03 am

Birthdays with strings attached! :wink: The best kind...

I just get money and thus, it will be an XD birthday for me!

(Badcats - Please reserve a ME-262 for me!)