"Bob Hughes" aliases

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Cabe
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Cabe » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:00 pm

why don't you guys agree to appoint a central "bank" member of the forum to accept the lot of stuff he has and people can email and sort it out with that member since would know the series and names of the figures etc. Plus the member would know who was legit in their request to get items returned, would save everyone and the investigator a bunch of time and shipping.

just a thought
see my art and model gallery at http://www.cabebooth.com

billgiff
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by billgiff » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:30 pm

I mentioned that to him months ago. I'll mention it again.

grunt1
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by grunt1 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:31 pm

Razor and I both live within an hour of Richmond if you guys need any feet on the street to help Lt. Taylor. You might also mention the database to him if he needs to figure out model numbers and match them to photos..

Again, we're happy to give him a hand by driving over there..

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:52 pm

Grunt pm'd me on this and his ideal is an excellent one.
We would be very glad to help out.
Just give us the word.
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

olifant

Post by olifant » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:56 pm

I was not ripped off but I am glad for those of you who were. I am VERY surprised that they hit him as hard as they did; a felony is an extremely big deal and will preclude you finding employment in most instances. Fines could be expensive if they stick him with court costs, and depending on his financial status (anyone who steals TOYS must be broke!) it could be a long time before he's in the clear.

Last year my laptop was stolen from my car and between hardware, software and window the loss was probably $5K, not counting the priceless work data! The police here did not even come out to the scene of the crime, just took my information over the phone! No wonder crooks break the law; they know they will not even be pursued... :?
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

wm69
Corporal
Corporal

Post by wm69 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:46 pm

Glad they stuck it to him. My guess is he will end up skipping out on the thing. People who do things like this are scum, and scum never do as they should.

I had a guy ram me in a road rage incident and he was charged with felony aggrevated assault, which he plead down to misdemeanor criminal mischief. He too, was ordered to pay restitution, but after reimbursing my insurance company (surprise, he didn't have insurance, or even tags for that matter, on his 6 month old $40K truck) for my uninsured motorist claim, he paid 1/2 of my deductible and I was told the other 1/2 would be along shortly. That was 3 years ago and I called not too long ago and was told that he had stopped paying on his court costs/ fines and had a warrant out for him, but he stopped paying almost 2 years ago and they haven't picked him up yet.
Pretty much the cops have more to monitor than they can possibly cover, so I certainly don't hold them responsible for the guy running off.

As for Napier, it makes me feel good inside knowing that every once and awhile someone gets busted for doing wrong. I hope ya'll get every penny out of him and I hope they stuck it to him on the court costs.

Congrats guys, ya'll worked together and caught a bad guy.

Austeyr
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Austeyr » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:07 pm

Man that is music to my ears. Good ol Jerry Napier with the possibility of getting his rear end violated with a jail sentence.
It's been hell for me over the water here sitting on my hands not being able to do anything but it looks like I may just get my Zero back. It's also a good thing I suppose that I sent something easy to distinguish and is unique as it's a sure guarantee it's mine and I have pictures of it for proof before I sent it.
Sigh, now it's just a question of how long before I see her again and what condition it's in. I'd be happy for a central member to act as the "toy" bank, that's a brilliant idea.

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:14 am

I'd be interested in knowing if anyone gets either money or their toy back.

I somehow feel nobody is going to get anything back from this deal. I just feel the police have more to do than to see stolen toys are returned.

I see, Sgt. Taylor is now Lt. Taylor, so somebody is happy..... :wink:

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

wm69
Corporal
Corporal

Post by wm69 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:33 am

We had a store broken into two years ago and the police still have the items as "evidence" in the case. Hopefully that won't be the case here.

AlloySkull

Post by AlloySkull » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:15 am

How long has this ride been? I mean, this has been one hell of a trip, and I have kept an eye on this topic. I hope ya'll get your stuff back promptly, I know the police probably have more important things to do, but if they pursued it this far it must be something, I'm sure things will fall into place.

Wm69, I agree, I know that kind of scum, they'll do anything to avoid trouble, or a hassle, anything just to avoid responsibility. I hate those kind of people, I really do, it makes me sick. They'd rather become a fugitive and run from the law, gain a worse sentence than just do what needs to be done, they're scum and they don't think about the consequences. Soon enough they'll pay, you can't run forever, and besides, you think they'd rather pay their dues for a year or so than run and hide their whole life, get caught, and spend their last years in a crummy jail cell.

Just remember that everyone gets theirs in the end. This guy seems pretty petty though, quite the scumbag.
[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j317/alloyskull101/siggygpxd-1.gif[/img]
Good Traders:
KAMIKAZE
Ruger
Olifant
Panzer M

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:36 am

My wife is an attorney over here in Dayton--like Grunt and Razor about an hour from Richmond. I know she is an Ohio lawyer, but maybe she could be of some assistance in getting through legal stuff.
Aaron

My pathetic fantasy football team:

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1804/polocksia2.jpg[/img][/url]

ParatrooperCarbine
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by ParatrooperCarbine » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:12 am

Yep-I'm on the list of people to receive restitution. He has a while to pay it, though.

Let me know if you hear anything about items available to be claimed.
My good trader/reference list:
Razor17019, raiderad6, nomo4me, SGT Fury, don, JOC, DIGGER, immeww2.

ParatrooperCarbine
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by ParatrooperCarbine » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:12 am

Yep-I'm on the list of people to receive restitution. He has a while to pay it, though.

Let me know if you hear anything about items available to be claimed.
My good trader/reference list:
Razor17019, raiderad6, nomo4me, SGT Fury, don, JOC, DIGGER, immeww2.

Austeyr
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Austeyr » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:58 pm

I never received any correspondance regarding my japanese zero. My hard drive and mother board were involved in a nasty power surge.
Anyone hear anything more on this?

Austeyr
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Austeyr » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:33 pm

Anyone?

Killerf6
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Killerf6 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:51 pm

Austeyr, somewhere in this thread is the contact information to the detective leading the case. Also it seems that there were a couple of members of this board who lived in the area where this case was tried.

Unfortunately because a judgement has already been handed down and you do not seem to be part of it you may be s.o.l.

Now, I'm not involved in any of this so, and don't know the whole story so you may want to talk to someone that is directly involved.
I fly cartoon airplanes

Austeyr
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Austeyr » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:53 pm

I had been speaking to the Sgt that was looking after the case and have sent emails but with no response.

Can anyone involved with this contact me please and let me know what the outcome was please?

Thanks fellas,

Sean.

digger

goods

Post by digger » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:35 am

I am not holding out hope to receive anything, although I know stuff like this takes an eternity. That said, I got all my satisfaction when he was arrested and charged. His guilty plea was just gravy. Not just for the theft, but for all the S-talking he did during and after.

kduck
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by kduck » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:52 am

If the case has been to court then I can't understand why anything would still be held as evidence. They might not be in any hurry to ship items but anyone with a verifiable claim should be able to show up or have someone show up on their behalf with some kind of authorisation and claim their items. I had a .22 rifle stolen several years ago. I reported it stolen the same day it was used in an armed robbery. The case didn't take more than 2 months to work it's way through the courts (he plead guilty) and I was able to reclaim my property within a few days after the court date. For anyone involved in this case that lives nearby it might not hurt to just show up with whatever ownership proof they might have and see if it's possible to reclaim their property.

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:32 am

But, if he sold the items he has a certain amout of time to gather the funds to pay his debt.
Aaron

My pathetic fantasy football team:

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1804/polocksia2.jpg[/img][/url]

billgiff
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by billgiff » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:31 am

From the last time that I spoke to now Lt. Taylor, all the items were still being held as evidence. Like Digger stated, getting the stolen items back would be great but just knowing that he was arrested and found guilty of stealing toys was fine with me. The items that he stole from me is a fair trade for his ass being busted. Like I stated before, he's a punk bitch with no spine that would cringe at a one on one meeting with many of us. Now for me, a arrest photo or mug shot posted on our web page would be icing on the cake!!!!! :D :D

BTW, one scumbag down one to go!

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:40 pm

So the bottom line is that Lt Taylor is not answering e-mails and nobody knows the outcome of the case? Doesn't look good for a good outcome..

Score another one for the bad guys.

TTT

Killerf6
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Killerf6 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:37 am

IIRC the case was judicated and the scumbag was found guilty. He was given probation (no big surprise in todays society), and ordered to pay restitution.

If you really want info on the case the best way would be to contact the courthouse where the case was handled.
I fly cartoon airplanes

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:36 am

Probation??? No time with Bubba? Typical.....

Just to make it a clean sweep for the dirtbags, I'd like to hear from ONE person that got any restitution. Anybody...... I do not believe anybody will get restitution.

I'm sure the lawyers said "This is just about a bunch of TOYs, who cares about toys".

Guess you could say I don't have any faith in our legal system. :x

TTT